House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
On the House floor where President Obama spoke just a half-day earlier, two words shouted by a Republican congressman reverberated louder than the finer points of the health care debate.

House Democrats seized on House rules Thursday to demand South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson offer a high-profile apology to President Obama for shouting, "You lie," during the president's health care address.

Wilson called the White House shortly after Obama's speech to say he was out of line. The White House said early Thursday that the president accepted the apology.

But that did not put the issue to rest, and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, also of South Carolina, asked Wilson to apologize on the House floor in front of his colleagues. The final vote of the day was held open by Democrats to give him an opportunity to do so, but he refused.

House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure - Political News - FOXNews.com

good for Wilson.

He should apologize for breaking Robert's Rules of Order. They all are supposed to abide by that in Congress. It has nothing to do with what he said but how he went about it.

Why did the dummy retract his previous words? Everybody in America knows it's true. The health care reform bill will allow medical care to be provided to illegal aliens. If you don't believe that, you are just lying to yourself.

Again I remind you, "Politicians only tell the truth when they call each other liars."

He should apologize for breaking Robert's Rules of Order. They all are supposed to abide by that in Congress. It has nothing to do with what he said but how he went about it.

He apologized once last night. How many more times to you think the man should apologize?

Obama started it. He called republicans liars, democrats applauded him for it. He got standing ovations by his democrat colleagues. He's the one who should apologize first.

Watch the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0PqBiNUyqU"]You lie![/ame]

Why did the dummy retract his previous words? Everybody in America knows it's true. The health care reform bill will allow medical care to be provided to illegal aliens. If you don't believe that, you are just lying to yourself.

Again I remind you, "Politicians only tell the truth when they call each other liars."

I agree with that.. But he shouldn't have done so publicly even though that's how demoncwats do stuff. like hillary calling Patraeus a liar in public. They can dish it but they can't take it.

Ame®icano;1505221 said:
Obama started it. He called republicans liars, democrats applauded him for it. He got standing ovations by his democrat colleagues. He's the one who should apologize first.

Correction: He called people spreading the rumor about Death Panel liars. Because they are liars. They don't have to be Republican or of any political view to be spreading that bullshit.

Ame®icano;1505221 said:

Watch the video.

You lie!

demoncwats smugly live under a double standard donchyaknow?

He apologized once last night. How many more times to you think the man should apologize?

I was gonna say ... didn't this guy apologize like immediately after the speech?

These people are high.

He apologized to the President for what he said to him. Now he should apologize to Congress for his outburst.

Ame®icano;1505221 said:

Correction: He called people spreading the rumor about Death Panel liars. Because they are liars. They don't have to be Republican or of any political view to be spreading that bullshit.

Americano seems to think that the Republicans in Congress are the ones speading those lies.

I disagree with the House Democrats. They weren't the ones slighted, the President was. He apologized to the President, he accepted, and that's it.

He apologized to the President for what he said to him. Now he should apologize to Congress for his outburst.

no he shouldn't did congress stand and apologize for yelling out while President Bush spoke? Show me then I'll agree with you.

Ame®icano;1505221 said:

Americano seems to think that the Republicans in Congress are the ones speading those lies.

Thats what Obama aimed at when he called out "radio and cable shows" and "prominent politicians". I think we all know what he meant.

I disagree with the House Democrats. They weren't the ones slighted, the President was. He apologized to the President, he accepted, and that's it.

I won't be able to sleep tonight cause I agreed with you, but you are absolutely correct.

Boy dems sure are desperate. :lol:

That crumbling support has to be freaking them out.

No, this is just mere political grandstanding. The Republicans would be doing the same thing if they controlled both houses and if a Democrat had done the same exact thing to Bush.

The faux outrage is more transparent than if Foxes were politicians and promised to protect the chicken coop as a election promise.

Forum List

Back