House Democrats to Effectively Criminalize Gun Owners With Ban on Private Sales

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I do appreciate Democrats being honest about their hatred for American gun owners. It just adds a third major single issue block of voters against them in 2020; baby lovers, gun owners and those of us in favor of Capitalism (95% + of the public).

House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

H.R. 8 would outlaw the private gun sales Americans have enjoyed since December 15, 1791, the date on which the Second Amendment was ratified. This would criminalize a neighbor who sold a gun to lifelong neighbor without first getting government permission via a background check. It would also criminalize a friend for selling a gun to lifelong friend without government permission.

Ironically, the bill would have done nothing to stop the attack on Gabby Giffords because her attacker did not buy his gun privately. Rather, he passed a background check to acquire the gun retail.

Moreover, H.R. 8 would have done nothing to stop nearly every mass shooter to date in the 21st century. This is because nearly every mass shooter acquired his guns via background checks, rather than private gun sales. The exceptions are those who stole their guns.​

I do appreciate Democrats being honest about their hatred for American gun owners. It just adds a third major single issue block of voters against them in 2020; baby lovers, gun owners and those of us in favor of Capitalism (95% + of the public).

House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

H.R. 8 would outlaw the private gun sales Americans have enjoyed since December 15, 1791, the date on which the Second Amendment was ratified. This would criminalize a neighbor who sold a gun to lifelong neighbor without first getting government permission via a background check. It would also criminalize a friend for selling a gun to lifelong friend without government permission.

Ironically, the bill would have done nothing to stop the attack on Gabby Giffords because her attacker did not buy his gun privately. Rather, he passed a background check to acquire the gun retail.

Moreover, H.R. 8 would have done nothing to stop nearly every mass shooter to date in the 21st century. This is because nearly every mass shooter acquired his guns via background checks, rather than private gun sales. The exceptions are those who stole their guns.​

Won't make it past the Senate. Just another Dem bunch of bullshit.

Until private sales require background checks the background check system is completely pointless as anybody could sell to a criminal whenever they want.

Until private sales require background checks the background check system is completely pointless as anybody could sell to a criminal whenever they want.
It's quite obvious you don't know the laws of my State on such matters.

Does it require background checks on private gun sales?

You assume I would sell to a criminal. The laws of my State make it where if I do, I become one. Don't need a background check if I do what I'm supposed to do properly. That term is nothing more than what you've heard some other gun hater use.

You assume I would sell to a criminal. The laws of my State make it where if I do, I become one. Don't need a background check if I do what I'm supposed to do properly. That term is nothing more than what you've heard some other gun hater use.
You’d sell to a criminal, since you won’t take the steps necessary to find out if a buyer is one or not.

You’d sell to a criminal, since you won’t take the steps necessary to find out if a buyer is one or not.

Actually I do take the steps necessary and doing what I do involves a background check already having been done.

Actually I do take the steps necessary and doing what I do involves a background check already having been done.
Congratulations. Though if you wanted to, you could sell to any criminal you wanted to.

Congratulations. Though if you wanted to, you could sell to any criminal you wanted to.
Nice try at diversion when you've been bettered by a superior.

What I did is prove to you that personally doing a background check isn't necessary for me to abide by the law while making sure someone that shouldn't own a firearm is able to get one.

In theory, I could but that would make me a criminal. In theory, someone that works at/owns a gun shop could do the same thing despite the law requiring them to do background checks. You assume because someone could, it means they automatically do.

Nice try at diversion when you've been bettered by a superior.

What I did is prove to you that personally doing a background check isn't necessary for me to abide by the law while making sure someone that shouldn't own a firearm is able to get one.

In theory, I could but that would make me a criminal. In theory, someone that works at/owns a gun shop could do the same thing despite the law requiring them to do background checks. You assume because someone could, it means they automatically do.
It would not make you a criminal since you didn’t know you were selling to a criminal. If you assume all private sellers require a background check as you claim to, then you’re naive.

Forum List

Back