House Democrats Join Republicans in Opposing Obama Tax Plan

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
FOXNews.com - House Democrats Join Republicans in Opposing Obama Tax Plan

Here it is on CNN as well

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/15/more-democrats-break-with-obama-on-tax-cuts/

WASHINGTON -- More Democrats joined Republicans on Wednesday in calling for the preservation of tax breaks for Americans of every income level, bolting this election season from President Barack Obama's plan
to preserve cuts for families who earn less than $250,000 and let taxes rise for the wealthiest Americans.

"We should not be raising taxes in the middle of a recession," Rep. Jim Marshall, D-Ga., who's facing tough odds in his bid for a fourth term, wrote in a terse letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"It is essential that we keep things as they are in the short term," said Rep. Travis W. Childers, D-Miss., another conservative incumbent in a tight race, whose district, like Marshall's, voted for Republican John McCain in the 2008 presidential race.

For this pair, one press release announcing their opposition to Obama's plan was not enough. They were two of 31 jittery Democrats who signed a letter urging Pelosi, D-Calif., and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., to abandon the Obama plan and extend to everyone the Bush-era tax cuts due to expire at the end of the year, according to one of its authors, Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah.

I guess some democrats understand the Economy. :clap2:

Last edited:
Interesting.

I find it weird Obama wants to raise taxes but then give "tax credits" out and call it tax cuts...

I keep saying it, Obama = FDR and it's freakin me out.

I was told many times during the health care debate that public opinion is the single most important thing when it comes to making policy. And as Gallup told us last Friday, Obama has that in his corner on the tax issue.

rpluwkj05u-vgbbnf8oidq.gif

I think the Dems are running for their political lives.

They are in deep shit and they know it so NOW all of a sudden they want bi-partisanship?

Gotta LMAO on that one.

After all, they hit such a "homerun" with H/C none of those running are even mentioning it while campaigning.

Good read there Green.

It remains to be seen how the Public views the H/C bill though.

I know how I view it but I'm just little Ol'Me.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. LOL

Forum List

Back