House Dem Plans To Vote For Holder Contempt...

Apparently, there are some good & decent Democrats left. Kudos to you Mr. Matheson.

The Democratic Party’s resistance to holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress is crumbling.

Utah Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson said Tuesday he plans to vote in favor of holding Holder in contempt over his refusal to comply with a subpoena into the Operation Fast and Furious scandal.

“It just compounds the tragedy when both sides play politics instead of releasing the facts. The Terry family, the public and Congress deserve answers,” Matheson said in remarks first reported by the Salt Lake Tribune in his home state. “Sadly, it seems that it will take holding the attorney general in contempt to communicate that evasiveness is unacceptable.”

To make matters worse for Holder, President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party, more Democrats are expected to join Matheson in holding Holder in contempt. House Minority Whip Rep. Steny Hoyer, the House Democrats’ chief vote-counter, isn’t even sure how many Democrats will break ranks. According to the Associated Press — which framed the Democratic defections as a result of the NRA’s decision to score the vote — Hoyer wouldn’t say how many Democrats he expected to vote in favor of Holder in contempt, but confirmed he expects some, like Matheson, to abandon party lines.

These Democratic defections cut sharply into the narrative House oversight committee ranking Democratic member Rep. Elijah Cummings, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the White House and Holder himself have created around this scandal. They have all claimed that House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa and House Republicans are motivated by partisan politics in pursuing this issue, something that Matheson and other Democrats’ vote would undercut.

Read more: House Dem plans to vote for Holder contempt | The Daily Caller

Cowards.
The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

hmmmmmmm:
None of the ATF agents doubted that the Fast and Furious guns were being purchased to commit crimes in Mexico. But that was nearly impossible to prove to prosecutors' satisfaction

Due to the NRA/gun rights lobby which created lax gun laws in AZ, smart guy.

The nuts in the NRA are scoring a no vote as an anti-gun rights vote. Conservative Democrats that need a good NRA rating in their districts may vote yes for that reason.

ah, yes it could never be because Holder is Actually in Contempt of Congress or anything like that. It's gotta be because of the NRA and all.

lol

You people are hopeless.

Maybe, Just Maybe, These Democrats just have some Ethics, and respect for the system of Checks and Balances the Founders intended. Maybe just maybe they realize that some Day a Republican will be in the Office again, and if his AG pulled this shit, they would want his ass held in Contempt as well. Maybe, just maybe they are not Hyper Partisan Assholes that will over look anything in the Name of Party.

nah, It was the NRA

lol

Last edited:

hmmmmmmm:
None of the ATF agents doubted that the Fast and Furious guns were being purchased to commit crimes in Mexico. But that was nearly impossible to prove to prosecutors' satisfaction

yeah you're right, those dam gun laws. I mean you have to get background checks, and my God you can actually own a gun, the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's not as strict as Illinois and Chicago laws, and they are working real well......becasue criminals follow the law, atleast liberals believe that.

hmmmmmmm:

yeah you're right, those dam gun laws. I mean you have to get background checks, and my God you can actually own a gun, the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's not as strict as Illinois and Chicago laws, and they are working real well......becasue criminals follow the law, atleast liberals believe that.

Where did the guns come from?

hmmmmmmm:

Oh Chicago, another wonderful Obama/Democrat success story. Yikes!

hmmmmmmm:

F&F was about Obama's DOJ taking a crap, wiping it up with the Constitution, then telling the rest of us that the Second amendment stinks. The only thing it has to do with gun Laws, was the Obama's admin's desire to restrict Gun Laws even further using bogus references to the very guns they allowed to walk. The NRA has nothing to do with the Obama's anti gun message backfiring over the death Brian Terry. And Holder is going to be left holding the bag.

Where did the guns come from?

In Chicago? Uh there are so many guns floating around. How do you think they get them in Chicago, black market, gun laws would do nothing.

Forum List

Back