House Dem dares GOP on healthcare repeal

sangha

Jun 1, 2010
House Dem dares GOP on healthcare repeal - The Hill's Healthwatch

Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.) is daring Republicans to make good on one of their top legislative priorities: repealing the healthcare law. ..

...Ackerman has begun circulating a letter to fellow lawmakers telling them to "Go ahead, make my day. Become a cosponsor."

"The Affordable Care Act contains these and many other foolish protections for our constituents," the letter states. "So, join other Members of Congress who want to deprive their constituents of these silly safeguards from the big insurance companies. You can cast your courageous vote on a series of SIX bills to do it. Feel free to call it the HIPA-CRIT Act when you explain your vote."

The measures would overturn six consumer protections in the new law that:

• Ban health plans from rescinding coverage;

• Eliminate annual coverage limits;

• Eliminate lifetime limits;

• Prevent plans from turning down adults with pre-existing conditions;

• Prevent plans from turning down children with pre-existing conditions; and

• Require that insurers offer coverage for dependents up to age 26 on family plans.

I bet the republican wimps cave

Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.) is daring Republicans to make good on one of their top legislative priorities: repealing the healthcare law. ..

...Ackerman has begun circulating a letter to fellow lawmakers telling them to "Go ahead, make my day. Become a cosponsor."

"The Affordable Care Act contains these and many other foolish protections for our constituents," the letter states. "So, join other Members of Congress who want to deprive their constituents of these silly safeguards from the big insurance companies. You can cast your courageous vote on a series of SIX bills to do it. Feel free to call it the HIPA-CRIT Act when you explain your vote."

• Require that insurers offer coverage for dependents up to age 26 on family plans.

I bet they dont.

You see the majority of democrats became willing cowards and wouldnt discuss HC in town halls or the pre election season. Infact they were told to shut up about it.

While repeal may not pass. The funding will not either leaving the reason for repeal moot.

I bet they dont.

You see the majority of democrats became willing cowards and wouldnt discuss HC in town halls or the pre election season. Infact they were told to shut up about it.

While repeal may not pass. The funding will not either leaving the reason for repeal moot.
Much ado about nothing. The Republican House will not try to repeal it. That would be really be dumb. They could try to replace it, which of course would fail. However, I think they have bigger fish to fry. Since they won't be able to get any of the right wing agenda into law, without big compromises with the Senate and the administration, I think the major activity of the House will be to investigate the administration. When the House or Senate can't accomplish anything, they investigate.

Given that Obama is unpopular with 60% of the electorate and healthcare is a primary reason the Dums got shellacked I'd say the Dems are proving themselves even more clueless by doing this shit.

They should do the other things they were promising as well:

-Privatize SSI.
-Privatize Medicare.
-Fund missile defense.
-Make the tax cuts on the wealthy, permanent.
-Investigate President Obama - As they put it..the most corrupt President in history.
-Defund Healthcare.

Gosh..that might assure them taking both houses and the Presidency in 2012.

...and your point is?

Which word didn't you understand?

He didn't understand what point you were making. His mistake is thinking you were making one at all, other than showing what an idiot you are.

Umm, I wasn't making any point, you moron. If you learned to read, you'd see it was someone else's post that confused the wingnut. I only offered to assist the poor illiterate thing

But then, if you learned to read, you'd probably stop being a wingnut:lol:

Which word didn't you understand?

He didn't understand what point you were making. His mistake is thinking you were making one at all, other than showing what an idiot you are.

Umm, I wasn't making any point, you moron. If you learned to read, you'd see it was someone else's post that confused the wingnut. I only offered to assist the poor illiterate thing

But then, if you learned to read, you'd probably stop being a wingnut:lol:

You weren't making any point. Yes, this is quite true. Not just in this post either.

-Privatize SSI.
-Privatize Medicare.
-Fund missile defense.
-Investigate President Obama - As they put it..the most corrupt President in history.
-Defund Healthcare.

When the Dums in the Senate block this and obama vetoes the legislation can we start talking about the Democrats as "the party of no"?

-Privatize SSI.
-Privatize Medicare.
-Fund missile defense.
-Defund Healthcare.

When the Dums in the Senate block this and obama vetoes the legislation can we start talking about the Democrats as "the party of no"?

I'd prefer the party of..

Nope.

:lol:

-Privatize SSI.
-Privatize Medicare.
-Fund missile defense.
-Defund Healthcare.

The first two are insolvent.

Gee, with all the whining about Obamacare that's coming from the right, I'm shocked (SHOCKED!!! I say) that the wingnuts don't seem to excited about having this legislation put forward in congress by a dem

Have any republicans signed on to the repeal, or are they all trying to run away from their campaign promises?

There are many plans on the table to deal with this horribly unamerican law, but it would really help a lot if certain individuals would simply drop dead.

There are many plans on the table to deal with this horribly unamerican law, but it would really help a lot if certain individuals would simply drop dead.

Well, there goes any hope of the wingnuts dropping dead. They never do anything helpful

Forum List

Back