House Committee set to vote on repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell

Reidlr

Constitutionalist
Apr 26, 2010
There could be a vote in a matter of days on the new proposed legislation that would eventually repeal DADT.
Fox News story: Compromise Reached on “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” The Speakers Lobby
CNN News story: White House, Congress reach deal on repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell' - CNN.com

Why is it a bunch of "suits" that have never served, never will serve and have no interests in serving want to push this? I have nothing against people who choose to live a homosexual lifestyle, but I do have a problem with people who try to push their lifestyle on other people. The military, specifically the Marine Corps and Army, are not suited to support a homosexual lifestyle. The barracks, public heads (both restrooms and showers) and other public facilities are not set up to support both hetero and homosexual lifestyles. The repeal of DADT will be detrimental to both military life on base and military operations abroad. Sergeant Smith doesn't need to worry about Sergeant Jones checking him out while they are patroling through the streets in Afghanistan. A heterosexual Marine will not want to share a room and a head in the barracks with a homosexual Marine, thus causing billeting issues on base. There are tons of examples I can use, but what is the point. The "suits" will continue to push this issue in order to serve their poilitical party's agenda and eventually DADT will be repealed!

If you are a veteran or an active duty service member and do not support the repeal of DADT, contact your representative and ask them NOT to repeal DADT!!

There could be a vote in a matter of days on the new proposed legislation that would eventually repeal DADT.
Fox News story: Compromise Reached on “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” The Speakers Lobby
CNN News story: White House, Congress reach deal on repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell' - CNN.com

Why is it a bunch of "suits" that have never served, never will serve and have no interests in serving want to push this? I have nothing against people who choose to live a homosexual lifestyle, but I do have a problem with people who try to push their lifestyle on other people. The military, specifically the Marine Corps and Army, are not suited to support a homosexual lifestyle. The barracks, public heads (both restrooms and showers) and other public facilities are not set up to support both hetero and homosexual lifestyles. The repeal of DADT will be detrimental to both military life on base and military operations abroad. Sergeant Smith doesn't need to worry about Sergeant Jones checking him out while they are patroling through the streets in Afghanistan. A heterosexual Marine will not want to share a room and a head in the barracks with a homosexual Marine, thus causing billeting issues on base. There are tons of examples I can use, but what is the point. The "suits" will continue to push this issue in order to serve their poilitical party's agenda and eventually DADT will be repealed!

If you are a veteran or an active duty service member and do not support the repeal of DADT, contact your representative and ask them NOT to repeal DADT!!

I am a veteran and have told them bloody well about time to repeal that ridiculous law!

Do you believe that homosexuals are more promiscuous than their heterosexual peers? Are there not plenty of examples of sexual promiscuity and sexual crimes among the current 'co-ed' military?

These are questions which deserve answers if your premise of disaster due to billeting considerations can be thoroughly considered.

And, if the matter simply comes down to billeting issues, haven't similar questions been addressed during previous social adaptations by the armed forces? I'm thinking about the integration of the armed forces after World War II and the inclusion of female active duty personnel.

Do you believe that homosexuals are more promiscuous than their heterosexual peers? Are there not plenty of examples of sexual promiscuity and sexual crimes among the current 'co-ed' military?

These are questions which deserve answers if your premise of disaster due to billeting considerations can be thoroughly considered.

And, if the matter simply comes down to billeting issues, haven't similar questions been addressed during previous social adaptations by the armed forces? I'm thinking about the integration of the armed forces after World War II and the inclusion of female active duty personnel.

We used to call it the "Potty Principle"...used as an excuse against Integration and Women in the military.....I suppose it will work just as well this time too. :eusa_whistle:

Looks like all but homosexual activists were too busy to give you a reply. Hang in there because there are a lot more of us normal folks retired (like me) and active duty I've spoken to who will see to it this legislative aberration never makes it. The legislators and leadership behind this audacity of shame are being watched very closely and they are on there way out of office.

Forum List

Back