House committee promotes driver's license bill for illegal immigrants

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
House committee promotes driver's license bill for illegal immigrants

FLASHBACK: Obama on Deporting Illegals ‘America Is a Nation of Laws,’ Presidential Action Not ‘Appropriate’

The Associated Press

REGINA GARCIA CANO

Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — A proposal to issue driver's licenses to illegal immigrants received House committee approval Monday, despite concerns by both Democrats and Republicans whether it goes far enough to prevent fraud.

The plan, endorsed 6-3 by a transportation committee, requires those immigrants who wish to obtain a license have their photo taken and filed digitally in a state database. But state Rep. Dennis Reboletti, R-Elmhurst, said illegal immigrants should be fingerprinted as a better way to create an identifying record. Photos alone could lead to identity fraud, he said.

Supporters of the legislation question whether fingerprinting would deter potential licensees from applying for fear of being identified and deported.
House committee promotes driver's license bill for illegal immigrants - LaSalle News Tribune - LaSalle, IL

Did I just hear Obama saw we are a nation of laws?

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama – whose administration announced Friday that it would no longer enforce immigration law for certain young illegal immigrants – once told a group of Hispanic students that “America is a nation of laws” and that as president, it was his job to enforce them.
FLASHBACK: Obama on Deporting Illegals

Last edited:
why are we giving illegal aleins anything except a one way ticket home? How are we ever expected to fix our immmigration system when we keep giving them invitations/

It'll pass the Democrat-dominated House and Senate and then Pat Quinn will sign it. Then, illegal immigrants will be able to legally kill us Illinoians on the road.

I hate this state. I'm already saving up and planning for my relocation.

We need to start from the scratch. Instead of finding and depoting all the illegal aliens to their home country, American economy would be able to afford more by making the legal residents.

Forum List

Back