House Blessing Gift

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I was invited to one...and it will be on October 14th. The blessing will occur at 1pm, pot luck, about 15 people attending. (My new friend that invited me said it was also for me to meet other folks cuz now I am "a mountain woman" now :lol:)

So I asked her if it was like a native american cleansing ritual and she said sort of. Anyway...what does one give the hostess for a house blessing gift?

Oh! Thats a good idea! She loves candles! She is very froo froo, too. Here I am, all bohemian hippiefied and she is this delicate pastel victorian style lady, trying to think of something she would want and CANDLES. Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh! Thats a good idea! She loves candles! She is very froo froo, too. Here I am, all bohemian hippiefied and she is this delicate pastel victorian style lady, trying to think of something she would want and CANDLES. Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion!
Think of the gathering like a spiritual purification ceremony.

Thats what I figured it would be but she said it was not that at all. It was a blessing. Of sorts. I have no clue what that means. Guess I will find out when it happens.;)

Thats what I figured it would be but she said it was not that at all. It was a blessing. Of sorts. I have no clue what that means. Guess I will find out when it happens.;)
The White Mountain Apaches down here do it a lot. She maybe doing some kind of white version but it amounts to the same.

Nope. Nothing to do with NAs.

Here, it is the Maidu tribe:

The Mechoopda are a tribe of Maidu people, an indigenous peoplesof California.

She belongs to a kind of strange church. I am leery of it, but will see just how strange it is on that day. If they are Jim Jones kinda peeps..I will leave early. :lol:

Nope. Nothing to do with NAs.

Here, it is the Maidu tribe:

The Mechoopda are a tribe of Maidu people, an indigenous peoplesof California.

She belongs to a kind of strange church. I am leery of it, but will see just how strange it is on that day. If they are Jim Jones kinda peeps..I will leave early. :lol:
Oh I just met a few of those types a few weeks ago.

Housemate has property that surrounds this house..and over in one corner, under the blackberry pokey branches, he has a buried HUGE pot. He kept it hidden and its semi buried but protected by those damn thorns. I told him he could fetch some bucks for that thing but he wants it to stay put cuz its been here since they left it..hundreds of years ago.

No, I think she is going to have some kind of preachy blessing done by the whateverheiscalled. Reverend? Pastor? No clue. I am open to meet people, but not wackadoodles, lol.

Housemate has property that surrounds this house..and over in one corner, under the blackberry pokey branches, he has a buried HUGE pot. He kept it hidden and its semi buried but protected by those damn thorns. I told him he could fetch some bucks for that thing but he wants it to stay put cuz its been here since they left it..hundreds of years ago.

No, I think she is going to have some kind of preachy blessing done by the whateverheiscalled. Reverend? Pastor? No clue. I am open to meet people, but not wackadoodles, lol.

Forum List

Back