House approves fee on illegal immigrants’ wire transfers

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
I like it! But I hear the is suppose to be a protest Friday by illegals. The story is, they will not work on friday in hopes of shocking employers and the public of how needed they are. I hope they do it in mass so it is apparrent just how many are here working. Exposing them problem to the blind.
After two hours of contentious debate, the Georgia House approved legislation today that would impose a 5 percent fee on illegal immigrants who use wire transfers to send money out of the country.

The “Illegal Immigration Fee Act,” the first bill focusing on illegal immigration to reach a legislative chamber, passed 106 to 60.

Supporters of HB 1238 billed it as a small step to recouping some of what state government spends on health care, mostly emergency room care, for illegal immigrants.
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/georgia/entries/stories/0206/house_approves_1.html

“All it says is: If you are here illegally, and you seek to transfer money out of the country by wire, you will be asked to pay,” Rice said. “We’re not going to send you to jail or get the immigration bus after you.”
But we should!

Forum List

Back