Hotel rooms for Illegals?

brewerboy

May 24, 2009
Central Illinois
U.S. to house detained migrants in converted hotels | U.S. | Reuters

PHOENIX (Reuters) - The United States, criticized for holding illegal immigrants in overcrowded and poorly run jails, on Tuesday announced plans to convert hotels to detain some noncriminal immigrants.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said illegal immigrants ranging from criminals to newly arrived asylum seekers would be held in different facilities according to the risk they pose.

"This is a system that encompasses many different types of detainees, not all of whom need to be held in prison-like circumstances," Napolitano told a conference call.

Referring to noncriminals such as newly arrived asylum seekers, Napolitano said, "We will begin efforts to house these populations near immigration service providers and pursue different options like converted hotels or residential facilities for their detention."

Discuss

you expected something different from a democwat?

It seems like a clusterfuck to me.

If they're gonna put these people in hotel rooms, they'd better be damn willing to to have the place on lock-down.

Like any illegal placed in a hotel isnt going to try to get away and return to whatever it was they were doing before they got picked up?

Give me a break

they should be locking up the American business owners that take advantage of the cheap labor provided by these people.

that would not be fair would it? since you and your ilk block every single effort to identify illegals. that bs of laying it on the employer don't wash.

PHOENIX (Reuters) - The United States, criticized for holding illegal immigrants in overcrowded and poorly run jails, on Tuesday announced plans to convert hotels to detain some noncriminal immigrants.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said illegal immigrants ranging from criminals to newly arrived asylum seekers would be held in different facilities according to the risk they pose.

"This is a system that encompasses many different types of detainees, not all of whom need to be held in prison-like circumstances," Napolitano told a conference call.

Referring to noncriminals such as newly arrived asylum seekers, Napolitano said, "We will begin efforts to house these populations near immigration service providers and pursue different options like converted hotels or residential facilities for their detention."

Discuss

around here their already in those closed down hotels so all they need now is to send in immigration officials.

Discuss

How can we treat illegal immigrants like criminals? Well because they are criminals! Immigration laws are still laws, no?

What can you expect from Napolitano, one of the most unqualified and incapable people in government!

they should be locking up the American business owners that take advantage of the cheap labor provided by these people.

I'm not for locking them up, we have enough people in jail for stupid shit, that we can't pay for. I do however support significant fines, penalties, and probation for companies that knowingly employ illegals.

How do you propose to identify them though, considering all the safeguards put in place by Democrats, to prevent asking about status?

that would not be fair would it? since you and your ilk block every single effort to identify illegals. that bs of laying it on the employer don't wash.

You can try to capture 13 million illegal aliens and send them home hoping they don't sneak back.
Or you can lock up 100 employers for hiring illegal help (and yes i support a national ID card with biometric proof)

If the jobs dry up there is no reason for them to come here.

you dont even know my position regarding illegal aliens so dont go speaking for what i may or may not think, but it appears that you have no problem with people using this cheap labor considering how you have come to their defense you hypocrite.

I'm not for locking them up, we have enough people in jail for stupid shit, that we can't pay for. I do however support significant fines, penalties, and probation for companies that knowingly employ illegals.

How do you propose to identify them though, considering all the safeguards put in place by Democrats, to prevent asking about status?

safeguards that could have been but werent removed by republicans who had total control from 2000-2006.

You can try to capture 13 million illegal aliens and send them home hoping they don't sneak back.
Or you can lock up 100 employers for hiring illegal help (and yes i support a national ID card with biometric proof)

That is always the excuse put forward by lazy libs! No way to round them up and send them back. BULLSHIT! Here is a plan:

(1) For god sake protect the border and ports. Make it harder from them to sneak in. Will it stop everyone? Of course not!

(2) Take away the incentive!!! What is the incentive, jobs, places to live, welfare, free healthcare, free education, end sanctuary etc. How do we do this?
(a) Have a unit that only raids businesses and levies fines. Make them well paid, well funded and extensive. First, offense $10K for each illegal. Second offense, $100K for every illegal. Third offense, they go in front of a board to determine if they are going to restrict their business license!
(b) Hit the landlords! First offense, $10K fine. Second offense, $50K fine. Third offense, put in front of a board to review possible seizure of their property.
(c) Create a free and unanimous hotline! Also create a whistleblower statute to protect whistleblowers!
(d) No CITIZENSHIP NO WELFARE, No free education or NOextensive healthcare
(e) Create a classification for different levels of sanctuary cities. The higher the level of sanctuary city the city is the less federal funding they are entitled to!
(f) Require all employers to use eVerify

(3) Deportment them where you can and when you find them!
(a) A regular traffic stop - no citizenship, then they go to containment for deportation processiing
(b) At the hospital - they go to the emergency room. Admit them, treatment them, make them better and then detain them and start the deportation process.
(c) Police get called for a domestic dispute (or other offenses). Detain them and deport them.

(4) Amend the constitution to do away the 14th amendment counter-prodcutive birth right clause! The legislative intent was to protect the children of slaves, not the children of illegal aliens. Hey prohibition was created and ended via amendments so can the birthright clause!

(4) Create a legitimate guest worker program based on need! It is also ignorant to see that our agricultural industry doesn't need large and plentiful cheap labor! But make the guest worker program for only a select few industries! But only after the anchor baby provision of the constitution is amended away!

(5) Give amnesty to some illegals! Many illegals are hard workers and add a lot this country. That needs to be recognize. Make the citeria strict:
(a) MUST speak English!
(b) MUST have graduated from highschool!
(c) MUST NOT have a criminal background - instant disqualification!
(d) MUST NOT be on welfare!
(e) MUST NOT be affliated with gangs or separation organisations like La Nation of Atlzan
(f) MUST NOT be a drug addict or alcoholic! Yes this is subjective and hard to determine!
(g) Military service is a huge plus
(h) The trade, skills and level of education are give high priority when assessing citizenship!
(i) MUST Pass an education, constitution and US history efficiency test
(j) MUST give an oath of loyalty to America
And many more like attributes

Last edited:

safeguards that could have been but werent removed by republicans who had total control from 2000-2006.

Could have, and should have, I won't argue that.

That is always the excuse put forward by lazy libs! No way to round them up and send them back. BULLSHIT! Here is a plan:

(1) For god sake protect the border and ports. Make it harder from them to sneak in. Will it stop everyone? Of course not!

(2) Take away the incentive!!! What is the incentive, jobs, places, welfare, free healthcare, free insurance etc. How do we do this!
(a) Have a unit that only raids businesses and levies fines. Make them well paid, well funded and extensive. First, offense $10K for each illegal. Second offense, $100K for every illegal. Third offense, they go in front of a board to determine if they are going to restrict their business license!
(b) Hit the landlords! First offense, $10K fine. Second offense, $50K fine. Third offense, put in front of a board to review possible seizure of their property.
(c) No CITIZENSHIP NO WELFARE, no free education or extensive healthcare
(d) Create a classification for different levels of sanctuary cities. The higher the level of sanctuary city the city is the less federal funding they are entitled to!
(e) Require all employers to use eVerify

(3) Arrest them where you can!
(a) A regular traffic stop - no citizenship, then they go to containment for deportation processiing
(b) At the hospital - they go to the emergency room. Admit them, treatment them, make them better and then detain them and start the deportation process.
(c) Police get called for a domestic dispute. Detain them and deport them.
(4) Amend the constitution to do away the 14th amendment counter-prodcutive birth right clause! The legislative intent was to protect the children of slaves, not the children of illegal aliens

(4) Create a legitimate guest worker program based on need! It is also ignorant to see that our agricultural industry doesn't need large and plentiful cheap labor! But make the guest worker program for only a select few industries! But only after the anchor baby provision of the constitution is amended away!

(5) Give amnesty to some illegals! Many illegals are hard workers and add a lot this country. That needs to be recognize. Make the citeria strict:
(a) MUST speak English!
(e) MUST NOT be affliated with gangs or separation organisations like La Nation of Atlzan
(f) Military service is a huge plus
(g) The trade, skills and level of education are plus
(h) MUST Pass an education efficiency test

Hook

For the most part I agree with what you suggest.

I would like to see a positive national ID program linked to verifiable biologic proof...DNA, retinal/ face scan, fingerprint
Fines only do so much. Threaten jail and the jobs will dry up

I'm always angered when a problem caused by the government is resolved by it. The worse part of it is how they're treating these people, there will be no immigration reform corpratism hi-jacked our congress a long time ago. Our government is in bed with corporations, this is no accident they knew exactly what they were doing with the policies they put in place. If you really want to fix immigration all you have to do is get rid of the incentives, but what do they propose? Building a fence...

You dems talk about racism towards your god-king but perhaps a look at yourself might be in order and to the minutemen republicans you all made me sick at the tea parties. You can wave those flags all you want but you will never be a true American, we don't get our rights from what groups / races we belong to. We get un-alienable rights from our creator and I'd rather fight and die with them then be included with a bunch no intellect dems and hannity/bush bonesman.

how can they check status, your ilk has made every effort to identify them impossible and still yyou want to lock them up.. see? that's what makes you a DUmmie

Like another said, IDK bout locking them up, but STIFF fines and probation sure do sound acceptable to me

why not lock them up? Plenty here have no problem locking up the guy doing the work for the low wages, why not lock up the guy who enables this problem?

(2) Take away the incentive!!! What is the incentive, jobs, places, welfare, free healthcare, free insurance etc. How do we do this!
(c) No CITIZENSHIP NO WELFARE, no free education or extensive healthcare
(d) Create a classification for different levels of sanctuary cities. The higher the level of sanctuary city the city is the less federal funding they are entitled to!
(e) Require all employers to use eVerify

(3) Arrest them where you can!
(c) Police get called for a domestic dispute. Detain them and deport them.
(4) Amend the constitution to do away the 14th amendment counter-prodcutive birth right clause! The legislative intent was to protect the children of slaves, not the children of illegal aliens

(a) MUST speak English!
(f) Military service is a huge plus
(g) The trade, skills and level of education are plus
(h) MUST Pass an education efficiency test

Hook

For the most part I agree with what you suggest.

I would like to see a positive national ID program linked to verifiable biologic proof...DNA, retinal/ face scan, fingerprint
Fines only do so much. Threaten jail and the jobs will dry up

A 3 strike rule where the end game is losing your business license is an enormous threat!

Forum List

Back