Hot Topic?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think so. Not withstanding an occassional piece like this which follows, the right seems to have turned as inane as the left. In the beginning of an election cycle, the right once again appears to be taking stock. But even those marginally interested will consider the timing. The left, well they never leave their message. All are asleep and the menace grows:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/weekend/hottopic/?id=110008920

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It is my opinion Bush is screwing up. I think he ought to be trumpetting the debunking of some favorite, lefty lies. Such as, the economy. I'd hammer them on the issue. The left has continually claimed its screwed up when in reality, it is not.

Unveil a real and viable plan to secure our southern border, a hot topic that for whatever reason, neither the right nor left wish to address in any realistic sense.

Unveil a real and viable plan for turning Iraq over to the Iraqis.

Address our energy concerns. Does anyone even have a plan? Whether it be next year or in 200 years, the oil is going to run out. ANd every day we are dependent on foreign oil is one day too many.

Just a few ideas.:)

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree wholeheartedly! If Bush can't hammer away on domestic economy and the WOT successes, not too mention the adjustments made on mistakes, he should have got some that could.

Of course, he could look at what the Clinton machine turned out just for a flick on a network, it doesn't always have to be the 'main man' making the noise to have serious effect.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    In this forinstance, I think the "main man" NEEDS to speak up. He may think he's taking the high road by ignoring his political enemies' accusations and lies, I think the people need to here HIM call "Bullshit," and shoot down each and every major lie that the left has been perpetuating the past 6 years.

It isn't like the lies have changed, or grown appreciably in number. It's just the same old ones regurgitated over and over again. The libs on this board are perfect example. The can be burnt to a cinder in debate; yet, two weeks later will repeat the same accusation with a repackaged title.

IMO, he could do some serious political damage to the left by taking that tact.

But he won't.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I won't say I disagree, but he seems constitutionally unable to do so, with needed regularity. I think that it would have been possible to have used and contained McCain this way, with the 'face time' he probably would have skipped his periodic breaks.