Hot Stove

Gotta love Theo logic ...

He wont resign Jason Bay long term because of some imaginary problem with his knee despite every doctor who examined it saying it's fine, yet, he goes out and gives a 31 year old pitcher with a history of elbow problems, and hasn't thrown 200 innings in two years, a 5 year deal at above market value money.

Sheesh.

I'm still facepalming the fact he allowed Jason Bay to go to the Mets. I figured he would of been locked to some long-term deal insantly.

The Detroit Tigers and Justin Verlander have agreed to an $80 million, five-year contract, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity Wednesday night because the deal had not been announced. The person said the contract could be completed as soon as Thursday.

Report: Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers agree to five-year, $80 million contract - ESPN

If he picks up where he left off last season this is a great deal for Detroit.

They had to do it, they traded granderson to free up the money.

I'd much rather have Verlander at 5/80 than John Fucking Lackey at 5/85, that's for sure.

Ack, John Lackey at 5/85 = :eusa_doh:

Gotta love Theo logic ...

He wont resign Jason Bay long term because of some imaginary problem with his knee despite every doctor who examined it saying it's fine, yet, he goes out and gives a 31 year old pitcher with a history of elbow problems, and hasn't thrown 200 innings in two years, a 5 year deal at above market value money.

Sheesh.
Your team's defense will be 'interesting' with that pitching staff, to say the least.

Forum List

Back