Hot dogs...

Hot dogs are only good when stuck in a baking pan, and smothered with chili, cheese, and onions. (Keep the bread). Oscar Meyer Naturals are fine..

Hot dogs? Say what? We call 'em MEAT TUBES!

giant-hot-dog-27152-1259202998-22.jpg

First choice, Sabretts, but only with the natural casing.

Second choice, Nathan's, but only with the natural casing.

When I can't find those, which is often, Hebrew National.

Hebrew Nationals are my first choice, Kahn's (which I can't seem to get out here) are my 2nd. Oscar Mayer are my trusty standby's though.

What's your favorite brand of hot dogs? I like the Ball Park bun-length plumpers. They're pretty good and they remind me of something but I just can't remember what. Oh well, what's your favorite hot dog?????

Ball Park bun-length plumpers with mustard and mayo. Yum Yun.

Hebrew National.

Great taste. (probably healthier for you too) More expensive though.

And one of their more annoying features is they're sold in lots of 7 dogs.

Naturally buns are sold in lots of 8 or 12.

Meaning unless you're serving 56 dogs, there's no way that your hot dog-to- hot dog-bun ratio is ever going to be right.

Some neighborhood kids set up a hot dog/lemonade stand. $1.75 meal. Can't beat it.
Oscar Meyer from a crock pot and weak Crystal Light. They'll make good Republicans some day. :D

It has to be packed in a natural casing so that it explodes as you bite into it. Have a nice spicy flaor to it and be a pork/beef mixture.

A great hotdog needs very few condiments. Just some spicy brown mustard

Ball Park.
But every now and then I like polish dogs, or brats.

If they aren't cooked over a fire, I fry them in a little oil.

MAYO, ketchup...onions, relish, mustard.

Buns should be buttered and fried so they're hot and crispy around the edges. Or put under the broiler.

Sometimes just mustard.
Sometimes just ketchup.
Sometimes no mayo.

Forum List

Back