Hot Dog!!!

How do you like your hot dog prepared?

• I like mine raw. Just take it out of the package and bring it to me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooked on the grill.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Broiled in the oven.

• Boiled on the stove.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cooked over a campfire by holding it over the fire on a stick.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Deep fat fried. Toss it in with the french fries.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First and foremost - not to eat hot dogs at all.
Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.
All 50 times better than a crappy hot dog

Now you're talkin'!!
Especially grilled though I do prefer my Kielbasa and smoked sausage steeped.
Chorizo with scrambled eggs, onions and cheese!!!!

Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.

Now you're talkin'!!
Especially grilled though I do prefer my Kielbasa and smoked sausage steeped.
Chorizo with scrambled eggs, onions and cheese!!!!

Chorizio in a tomato/cream sauce and penne pasta!!...I perfected this one.

Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.

I hate that kind of pungent, spicy stuff. Blech..

HotDogCooker-thumb-565x423.jpg

Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.

But you like tasteless, salt-laden half-meat half cereal-filler paste like substance that is then dyed to hide the fact that it is gray, and then pumped with either oatmeal or corn meal to make it have the consistency of meat??

Hmm....:doubt:

Best: cooked over an open wood fire.
Fastest: nuke it in the microwave
and smother it with mustard, onions and sweet pickle relish.

Hot%20Dog.jpg

Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.

But you like tasteless, salt-laden half-meat half cereal-filler paste like substance that is then dyed to hide the fact that it is gray, and then pumped with either oatmeal or corn meal to make it have the consistency of meat??

No, I like hot dogs.. I hate garlic, onions, most Italian foods and the stuff you listed.

No, I like hot dogs.. I hate garlic, onions, most Italian foods and the stuff you listed.

But that IS what a hot dog is
The #1 "spices" in a hot dog?
Garlic powder
Onion powder.
Look it up.
Just sayin.

Garlic powder
Onion powder.
Look it up.
Just sayin.

No.

INGREDIENTS:
Beef and pork, mechanically separated turkey, water, corn syrup, contains less than two percent: salt, potassium lactate, partially hydrolyzed beef stock, sodium phosphates, flavorings, sodium diacetate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium nitrite, extractives of paprika.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutri...anks-made-with-beef-pork-and-turkey-22674.htm

I just can't eat that really garlicy food such as you are describing. Your sausages have fillers as well. I just can't take it.. Sorry, we're all different.

I like to boil mine in water for a couple of minutes, then slit them down the middle with a knife, then put them on the grill. Wowsers!!!! Mustard and onions and a hot dog bun and we are in serious business. :D

Garlic powder
Onion powder.
Look it up.
Just sayin.

No.

INGREDIENTS:
Beef and pork, mechanically separated turkey, water, corn syrup, contains less than two percent: salt, potassium lactate, partially hydrolyzed beef stock, sodium phosphates, flavorings, sodium diacetate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium nitrite, extractives of paprika.

Ball Park Franks nutrition facts and calories - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

I just can't eat that really garlicy food such as you are describing. Your sausages have fillers as well. I just can't take it.. Sorry, we're all different.

I only buy meat from the butcher...no fillers there.
BTW - I'm just given you a hard time in jest.

Garlic powder
Onion powder.
Look it up.
Just sayin.

No.

INGREDIENTS:

Ball Park Franks nutrition facts and calories - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

Hebrew National: Beef, Water. Contains 2% or less of: salt, sodium lactate, spice, hydrolyzed soy protein, paprika, sodium diacetate, garlic powder, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrate, flavorings.

Depends on the dog. A natural casing, Sabretts or Nathan's for example, are best when cooked on a flattop or steamed. Those without a natural casing are best when grilled.

I like to boil mine in water for a couple of minutes, then slit them down the middle with a knife, then put them on the grill. Wowsers!!!! Mustard and onions and a hot dog bun and we are in serious business. :D

I used to steep them, cut a lengthwise "pocket", stuff it with cheese and stick it under the broiler till the cheese was melted.

Forum List

Back