Hostile bloggers facing fines, jail?

Although, I really wish you would find less biased sources for it.

won't happen,, not easily,, you see the left wing media buries a lot of this stuff!

Much like the right wing media does the same to stories that look bad about them. But a link to the actual law would be better than a biased article written by a reporter. You know I don't trust media of any sort and read it as little as I can.

The really funny thing is, a true liberal or Democrat would be against this and fight it tooth and nail ... I have yet to see any true liberals or Democrats in power for a long while.

Looks like 90% of us on this site are going to be fined or arrested if this Democrat gets her way....

Tell the fucking fascist bitch to get a life.:eusa_eh:

yeah... the mothers of teenage kids should be able to cyber bully a kid into killing herself.

it's like any other harassment law... it's just cybernetic.

and did anyone even bother to read the bill?

of course not... if WND posts it... must be an accurate assessment :cuckoo:

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress finds the following:

(1) Four out of five of United States children aged 2 to 17 live in a home where either they or their parents access the Internet.

(2) Youth who create Internet content and use social networking sites are more likely to be targets of cyberbullying.

(3) Electronic communications provide anonymity to the perpetrator and the potential for widespread public distribution, potentially making them severely dangerous and cruel to youth.

(4) Online victimizations are associated with emotional distress and other psychological problems, including depression.

(5) Cyberbullying can cause psychological harm, including depression; negatively impact academic performance, safety, and the well-being of children in school; force children to change schools; and in some cases lead to extreme violent behavior, including murder and suicide.

(6) Sixty percent of mental health professionals who responded to the Survey of Internet Mental Health Issues report having treated at least one patient with a problematic Internet experience in the previous five years; 54 percent of these clients were 18 years of age or younger.

SEC. 3. CYBERBULLYING.

(a) In General- Chapter 41 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 881. Cyberbullying

`(a) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

`(b) As used in this section--

`(1) the term `communication' means the electronic transmission, between or among points specified by the user, of information of the user's choosing, without change in the form or content of the information as sent and received; and

`(2) the term `electronic means' means any equipment dependent on electrical power to access an information service, including email, instant messaging, blogs, websites, telephones, and text messages.'.

(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections at the beginning of chapter 41 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new item:

`881. Cyberbullying.'.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

won't happen,, not easily,, you see the left wing media buries a lot of this stuff!

Much like the right wing media does the same to stories that look bad about them. But a link to the actual law would be better than a biased article written by a reporter. You know I don't trust media of any sort and read it as little as I can.

The really funny thing is, a true liberal or Democrat would be against this and fight it tooth and nail ... I have yet to see any true liberals or Democrats in power for a long while.

I'm not aware of anything the right wing has buried..

Sorry, I don't buy the cyber-bullying garbage. For several reasons. First, if the kid is spending that much time online then the parents need to worry more about their physical health. Also, they don't have to read it, they don't have to read any of it, and their parents should be explaining to them that it's just not that important instead of making them wrongly believe that what happens online has that much importance, then maybe the first issue wouldn't exist so much. Thirdly, why are parents not taking more interest in their kids online activities, it's not a diary, everything on here is public access, SOMEONE can read it, and the parents should be monitoring their own kids activities more closely, it's not our job to raise other peoples kids. One other point, where would it end? Seriously, give them an inch and they WILL take a mile, it's the fucking government, we know they will.

That just proves they were more successful.

That just proves they were more successful.

what did they hide?

Willow, why are you so willing to condemn one group while excuse another. Politicians on both sides are crooked, and wingnuts, no matter which side they are on, are interested in only making their side of anything look good and the opponents look bad. The problem with the whole country is because of that one simple fact. When you take parties out of the equation things are much clearer, try it. Take left and right out, just look at the facts for a change. I know it works, because I did.

Willow, why are you so willing to condemn one group while excuse another. Politicians on both sides are crooked, and wingnuts, no matter which side they are on, are interested in only making their side of anything look good and the opponents look bad. The problem with the whole country is because of that one simple fact. When you take parties out of the equation things are much clearer, try it. Take left and right out, just look at the facts for a change. I know it works, because I did.

False premise... I'm not unwilling.. but before I condemn one side I'd like to know what I'm condemning.. wouldn't you? I can think of examples of the left wing tamping down news,, ie John Edwards,, and the pastor,, were both kinda downplayed by the left.. I'm trying to think of a similar situation within the right wing new,, and I cannot come up with one,, I was asking if you know of one.

False premise... I'm not unwilling.. but before I condemn one side I'd like to know what I'm condemning.. wouldn't you? I can think of examples of the left wing tamping down news,, ie John Edwards,, and the pastor,, were both kinda downplayed by the left.. I'm trying to think of a similar situation within the right wing new,, and I cannot come up with one,, I was asking if you know of one.

Obama wasn't downplayed by the left, he was downplayed by the media. My liberal friends and I did not, nor do we still, support Obama. John is just a douchebag, but there's an even split on that matter with those I do know.

But if you want, Palins religious background was ignored by many (Jesus Camps), and many on the right still claim that it shouldn't matter, while also saying that Obama's preacher was wrong for what he said. When McCain called for more separation of church and state the right wingnuts hid that (of course most spokespeople for the left ignored it anyway, but not us who actually like McCain).

The thing is, you are pidgeon-holing all left into one group, but you get angry when others do to the right. I am one who tries to see and hear all sides and make educated choices, often I side with the left, but I am not a robot and sometimes the right side of issues makes more sense, so I side with them. You however are not, at least not yet, and it would be nice if you did since you do make some good points on matters, but you shut out and even try to argue with those on the left who agree with you because all you are seeing is left vs. right and not the issue itself. I know this because you did it to me several times. :cool:

Obama wasn't downplayed by the left, he was downplayed by the media. My liberal friends and I did not, nor do we still, support Obama. John is just a douchebag, but there's an even split on that matter with those I do know.

But if you want, Palins religious background was ignored by many (Jesus Camps), and many on the right still claim that it shouldn't matter, while also saying that Obama's preacher was wrong for what he said. When McCain called for more separation of church and state the right wingnuts hid that (of course most spokespeople for the left ignored it anyway, but not us who actually like McCain).

The thing is, you are pidgeon-holing all left into one group, but you get angry when others do to the right. I am one who tries to see and hear all sides and make educated choices, often I side with the left, but I am not a robot and sometimes the right side of issues makes more sense, so I side with them. You however are not, at least not yet, and it would be nice if you did since you do make some good points on matters, but you shut out and even try to argue with those on the left who agree with you because all you are seeing is left vs. right and not the issue itself. I know this because you did it to me several times. :cool:

I agree with your comments Kitten, whenever I first joined this board, the impression that I had of you was to side with the left no matter what, but I've noticed a big difference in your posting recently, and I think you are looking at things in a fair and unbiased manner, at least as much as any of us are capable of doing anyway.

How the hell can the right wing bury anything when 90% of the media is liberal??????????????

Don't you love it when liberals state something as fact and then can't back it up.... :clap2:

Looks like 90% of us on this site are going to be fined or arrested if this Democrat gets her way....

I hate it when a loudmouth is right, but I gotta give this one to you. It's censorship run amok.

Why am I a loudmouth...because I point out all of the flaws in our government??????????

You are because of how you post and word your points as rants all the time, case in point, look at your '?' ... it comes across as hysterics.

Forum List

Back