Hostess Help!

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
We're having dinner guests Saturday evening. There will be 8 kids and 4 adults between the two families. I am at a loss for entertainment ideas! The other family has 2-year-old twins, so not all the kids will just run off and play. But we would really like activities that allow for conversation, because we are still in the "getting to know you" stage.

We have two xBoxes. An extensive Thomas the Tank engine set. Bratz dolls. Any other ideas for kids?

What about the adults? I have had success before with board games like "The Battle of the Sexes" or that DVD game "Scene It." It's nice to have something to do instead of just sitting there. But with the little twins, I don't know if we will be able to do this.

Help! I am so bad at this!

mom4 said:
We're having dinner guests Saturday evening. There will be 8 kids and 4 adults between the two families. I am at a loss for entertainment ideas! The other family has 2-year-old twins, so not all the kids will just run off and play. But we would really like activities that allow for conversation, because we are still in the "getting to know you" stage.

We have two xBoxes. An extensive Thomas the Tank engine set. Bratz dolls. Any other ideas for kids?

What about the adults? I have had success before with board games like "The Battle of the Sexes" or that DVD game "Scene It." It's nice to have something to do instead of just sitting there. But with the little twins, I don't know if we will be able to do this.

Help! I am so bad at this!
Strip poker (need to put the kids to sleep)
Russian Roulette (although that can get messy)

yeah, I don't entertain much...

mom4 said:
... There will be 8 kids and 4 adults between the two families. ...2-year-old twins, ...that allow for conversation, ...
Conversation? :laugh: IMPOSSABLE. Hey, how about a sitter at your house that could keep them all occupid in another room. You play dominos, it's fast and simple enough to talk while playing.

Set out everything you have, downstairs - or in the opposite end of the house.

Tell the kids this:

Do anything you want - if somebody starts crying the oldest here will get punished. If somebody gets hurt, the kid who got hurt, and the kids who saw him/her get hurt will get punished.

Learn the phrase - Goahngit. Try to do that in ONE breath, and a bit angry.

May God be with you.

:)

Uno is loads of fun for everyone. :thup: It is always more fun than you think it is going to be. Our family's favorite when there is a big crowd of varying ages is charades.

We also are having dinner guests Saturday. We can commiserate in spirit, Mom. Cleaning for company is one of my least favorite activities.

Abbey Normal said:
Uno is loads of fun for everyone. :thup: It is always more fun than you think it is going to be. Our family's favorite when there is a big crowd of varying ages is charades.

We also are having dinner guests Saturday. We can commiserate in spirit, Mom. Cleaning for company is one of my least favorite activities.
Scrubbing Sisters! :beer:

Tomorrow... the carpets! :(

Said1 said:
That's when you "notice" everything. :death:

Ain't that the truth.

Yet, it would probably have to look like this for my husband to notice:

messy_house_1.jpg

Abbey Normal said:
I hope you are just referring to vacuuming, and not some kamikaze carpet-scrubbing!
I have to.... my kids have been tracking mud all through the house after these Spring rains. But I'm just doing the living room, NOT the entire house.

Abbey Normal said:
:laugh:

I'm sure he is going to clean it up before company comes.
At least he won't have to do the carpets... they seem to be pretty well-protected!

Balderdash is a riot. Pictionary is almost as fun..

Both are better after a few drinks, but with kids around...

So Abbey, how did your evening go? I thought of you as I was scrubbing the toilet yesterday. :D

mom4 said:
So Abbey, how did your evening go? I thought of you as I was scrubbing the toilet yesterday. :D

I'm not sure how to take sentence, Mom!

It went well. The food actually turned out to be pretty tasty, which is not always the case, lol.

We ended up playing Uno Attack! after dessert.

How did your evening turn out?

Abbey Normal said:
I'm not sure how to take sentence, Mom!
I meant it in a good way, I assure you! :)

It went well. The food actually turned out to be pretty tasty, which is not always the case, lol.
We ended up playing Uno Attack! after dessert.
How did your evening turn out?
The food was good. We ate in shifts and sent all the (EIGHT!) kids downstairs. We got to talk awhile, but, Mr P was right... not a chance of playing any kind of game or anything. Still, we had a nice time.

AND there's leftover cheesecake! Yum! :D

mom4 said:
I meant it in a good way, I assure you! :)

The food was good. We ate in shifts and sent all the (EIGHT!) kids downstairs. We got to talk awhile, but, Mr P was right... not a chance of playing any kind of game or anything. Still, we had a nice time.

AND there's leftover cheesecake! Yum! :D

Leftover cheesecake! Want me to take care of that for you? :teeth:

Forum List

Back