Hospitals Eliminate 1 in 4 U.S. Emergency Rooms

Hospitals Eliminate 1 in 4 U.S. Emergency Rooms Since 1990, Study Finds - Bloomberg

This is what happens when you force people to provide goods and services w/o compensaton.

Don't worry, the free market will solve everything...where there is a need for level one trauma; one will magically plop down from the sky due to the free markets.

Hey...wait a minute. The inner cities where crime is rampant often are the places where level one trauma centers are needed most. Last time I checked those inner city types didn't have much in the way of excellent insurance...or any insurance at all for that matter. Oh well, I'm sure there will be a free market solution to that problem as well.

Hospitals Eliminate 1 in 4 U.S. Emergency Rooms Since 1990, Study Finds - Bloomberg

This is what happens when you force people to provide goods and services w/o compensaton.

Don't worry, the free market will solve everything...where there is a need for level one trauma; one will magically plop down from the sky due to the free markets.

Hey...wait a minute. The inner cities where crime is rampant often are the places where level one trauma centers are needed most. Last time I checked those inner city types didn't have much in the way of excellent insurance...or any insurance at all for that matter. Oh well, I'm sure there will be a free market solution to that problem as well.

And how will those inner city emergency rooms be built?

When Obama snaps his fingers?

Portable M.A.S.H. units!

I tend to think that it wouldn't be a bad idea necessarily; a lot of the medics and even a lot of the professionals higher up the healthcare pyramid have NO EMERGENCY CRITICAL CARE EXPERIENCE until they are put into a war zone.

I know the right wing will never stand for this use of our taxpayer dollars to treat the inner city underinsured but its a good idea. I don't know if you were trying to be funny or not but we have resources and we have a need for those resources....it seems like a perfect fit.

I would think that the billions we won't be spending in Iraq and Afghanistan could be better spent treating...you know...Americans.

But I fully believe that cutting taxes and making it as to where a family can thrive on a single income--basically put a parent back in the home full time--is a better solution to society's woes than to be engaged into some sort of bizarro arms race to where you meet violence with more prisons and more hospitals.

The question is, of course, how do we get there. Answer in part...we spend much too much on defense.

During the health care debate, didn't conservatives maintain that the emergency room was where folks without medical coverage could go? The ER was the Conservative answer to health care reform.

Want a cancer screening? Go to the emergency room. Need help managing your diabetes? Go to the emergency room. Pre-Natal care? Find it at the emergency room.

Thanks for the easy solution to the problem, right wing!

I would think that the billions we won't be spending in Iraq and Afghanistan could be better spent treating...you know...Americans.

But I fully believe that cutting taxes and making it as to where a family can thrive on a single income--basically put a parent back in the home full time--is a better solution to society's woes than to be engaged into some sort of bizarro arms race to where you meet violence with more prisons and more hospitals.

The question is, of course, how do we get there. Answer in part...we spend much too much on defense.

You're gonna have to get Obama to make a TON of cuts on top of ending his warmongering efforts in order to be able to afford what you're advocating.

Me personally I'm a tax cut and charity guy and not a big government program guy, they've proven to not be able to do anything efficiently.

How about stop shooting the fuck outta each other?

BULLSHIT.
You murkins love to listen to these fucking Jews.
Here's a company that deals with as many "illegal freeloaders" and indigents as any in the nation.
Poor babies.
Baptist Health doubles profit in fiscal 2010 | South Florida Business Journal

Fucking Jews????????????????

You're an asshole, you really are.

You have just made the best arguement that I have heard for the total socialization of our Health Care System. We pay at least twice as much as anybody else in the world on a per capita basis, and don't even cover all of our citizens. And our results are much inferior to other industrial nations.

Our present Health Care System is very good for the financial health of a few wealthy people, and not so good for anyone else. Especially those in small businesses.

You have just made the best arguement that I have heard for the total socialization of our Health Care System. We pay at least twice as much as anybody else in the world on a per capita basis, and don't even cover all of our citizens. And our results are much inferior to other industrial nations.

Our present Health Care System is very good for the financial health of a few wealthy people, and not so good for anyone else. Especially those in small businesses.

canada pays double the taxes and they wait weeks instead of hours for care. the health care i get is superior to those in other countries. it's a question of availability.

Adapt a Canadian or Japanese system. No for profit health care systems at all. We have a very low longevity compared to the Japanese and Canadians. And our infant mortality rate is third world. Cuba does better there than we do. The 'free market' is a failure in health care.

Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

Would a public healthcare system make americans stop eating mcdonald's and get on the treadmill?

Forum List

Back