Hospital stay

Get well soon.

redneck_horseshoes.jpg

First 24 hours I had to pee in a bottle cause I was retaining water weight , my lower legs and feet were so swollen I could barely walk. So I didn't get to a toilet seat for 2 days.

Usual cause of that condition is heart failure, serious kidney problems or liver problems. After they poked and prodded and scanned me for 3 days, none of those conditions exist in my body. Doctor has no idea why it happened.

Not knowing what caused it means they don't know if it will happen again.

Ohh ya did I mention they pumped me full of medication that made me go every 20 minutes or so and told me not to drink much. They said they hadn't seen that much liquad in a person when I was done. So not only did I have to pee in a bottle, call a nurse every time so they could save it and ice it but I got no sleep for 2 days.

First 24 hours I had to pee in a bottle cause I was retaining water weight , my lower legs and feet were so swollen I could barely walk. So I didn't get to a toilet seat for 2 days.

Usual cause of that condition is heart failure, serious kidney problems or liver problems. After they poked and prodded and scanned me for 3 days, none of those conditions exist in my body. Doctor has no idea why it happened.

Not knowing what caused it means they don't know if it will happen again.

Ohh ya did I mention they pumped me full of medication that made me go every 20 minutes or so and told me not to drink much. They said they hadn't seen that much liquad in a person when I was done. So not only did I have to pee in a bottle, call a nurse every time so they could save it and ice it but I got no sleep for 2 days.

do you take any blood pressure medication? Norvasc, perhaps?

do you take any blood pressure medication? Norvasc, perhaps?

I take one small 5 mg pill of altace, just for precaution, my blood pressure is usually fine. I am Diabetic so the doctor fell back on the usual excuse when he doesn't know why. Diet and weight. Told me to control salt intake, I do not ever add salt to anything anyway.

i've cut the salt on almost everything since my grandmothers stroke in the early 90s. I don't really miss it and catch myself staring at people who lather on the NaCl.

getcha a laptop the next time you have to vacation in the hospital and take it out on some battlefield 2.

Forum List

Back