Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant:

Governor Jan Brewer would be proud. She denied funds on previously approved medical procedures on 2 American citizens, killing them. Heck..she would probably cap this one herself.

The Feds cut the money on Medicaid programs not her.
And when that happened low and behold the Feds found the money from somewhere and we got the financial funds back.
The Tobacco tax was not able to fully fund the program. Passed by liberals. When tax went up a whole lot of smokers quit smoking and there goes the funding. Talk about stupid. :cuckoo:

The Hospital made the decision.
The hospital denied his procedure, in large part, because they didn’t believe he would be able to pay.

If the man was an American citizen, he would have gotten the procedure. This man should get Mexico to cover the cost of his procedure.

No he wouldn't.

Not in Arizona. Not with Jan Brewer as governor.

She's one hard ass. No pay. No live.

This grave's for you.

If he's here illegally, then he is a criminal. Deport him. He can get whatever medical care he needs at his home country's expense - not ours.

The hospital denied his procedure, in large part, because they didn’t believe he would be able to pay.

If the man was an American citizen, he would have gotten the procedure. This man should get Mexico to cover the cost of his procedure.

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Hmm really? so if you don't have medical insurance that can cover the procedure, you are as good as dead?:confused:

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Hmm really? so if you don't have medical insurance that can cover the procedure, you are as good as dead?:confused:

Shape of things to come..

Medicaid Cuts Killing Ariz. Transplant Patients - CBS News

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Oh wow, with our high unemployment rates and so many people out of work this is not a good sign....

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Maybe if the federal government would protect Arizona's borders and not force the state to pay legal expenses in defending itself for passing its own laws, there would be money available for transplants.

Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant: report

By Chris Roberts, NBCBayArea.com

Jesus Navarro has a donor and he has medical insurance -- everything the Oakland man needs for the kidney transplant that will save his life.

Problem is, Navarro, 35, is an illegal immigrant. So despite working for 14 years at a steel foundry in Berkeley and his private insurance, doctors at UC San Francisco Medical Center are refusing to perform the operation, according to the Contra Costa Times.
U.S. News - Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant: report

This is why our immigration laws should be enforced. Why is he still here? Americans will not work at steel foundries?
Give him the transplant, send Mexico the bill for the next 50 years of his life on transplant drugs. He is taking a kidney from some American.

He's here illegally, and he worked 14 years at a steel foundry. Was he using someone else's social security number? If so, he should be in jail for id fraud. If not, the foundry should be fined and someone there should be serving time.

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Notice she received $200k in donations and is back on the list?
This is a perfect example of charity, from the citizens of this awesome country.

He's here illegally, and he worked 14 years at a steel foundry. Was he using someone else's social security number? If so, he should be in jail for id fraud. If not, the foundry should be fined and someone there should be serving time.
I have nothing against Mexicans. They are hard-working people and I am sympathetic to the reason why they choose to sneak into this country and work for less than minimum wage. But this fellow's situation is just one example of why illegal immigration is detrimental to the economic health of America and cannot be tolerated.

He worked in a steel foundry, an occupation that once paid a very good union wage. I haven't read anything about how, as an illegal alien, he was able to obtain that job, so I will assume he is one of many illegals who are "scabbing" what once were good-paying jobs -- thereby putting Americans out of work.

There is a common misunderstanding that Mexican illegals are able to fill only the most menial jobs, such as picking fruit, washing cars, mowing lawns, etc. But the fact is skilled Mexican tradesmen; roofers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc., can earn three to four times as much here as they can in Mexico -- even when working for considerably less than an American tradesman would earn.

Again, I have nothing against Mexicans. Those I've known have been decent people. But tolerating the situation we have with "wetback" workers driving our wage standard down will unavoidably damage the integrity of the Nation and drive our social standards closer to those of Mexico, which we see happening now.

Whoever employed this fellow has some explaining to do.

Governor Jan Brewer would be proud. She denied funds on previously approved medical procedures on 2 American citizens, killing them. Heck..she would probably cap this one herself.

Nice attempt to deflect....

Let the 'Mexican citizen' get a transplant in his country.
Here.... he is a criminal.

I worked in the dialysis field and it sucked to see someone getting treatments free of charge, yet they were here illegally and could not even speak the language of the folks treating them.

They take jobs from americans and the want to take kidneys?
Even if he is working for less a a steel foundry, he is still making more than some amerians.
How was he able to do this for 14 years and why is the business not being charge. We really do need regeime change.

I have nothing against Mexicans. They are hard-working people and I am sympathetic to the reason why they choose to sneak into this country and work for less than minimum wage. But this fellow's situation is just one example of why illegal immigration is detrimental to the economic health of America and cannot be tolerated.

He worked in a steel foundry, an occupation that once paid a very good union wage. I haven't read anything about how, as an illegal alien, he was able to obtain that job, so I will assume he is one of many illegals who are "scabbing" what once were good-paying jobs -- thereby putting Americans out of work.

There is a common misunderstanding that Mexican illegals are able to fill only the most menial jobs, such as picking fruit, washing cars, mowing lawns, etc. But the fact is skilled Mexican tradesmen; roofers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc., can earn three to four times as much here as they can in Mexico -- even when working for considerably less than an American tradesman would earn.

Again, I have nothing against Mexicans. Those I've known have been decent people. But tolerating the situation we have with "wetback" workers driving our wage standard down will unavoidably damage the integrity of the Nation and drive our social standards closer to those of Mexico, which we see happening now.

Who the fuck is going to hold him accountable?

You bring up some very good points there Mike. Good post.

I worked in the dialysis field and it sucked to see someone getting treatments free of charge, yet they were here illegally and could not even speak the language of the folks treating them.

Even if he is working for less a a steel foundry, he is still making more than some amerians.
How was he able to do this for 14 years and why is the business not being charge. We really do need regeime change.

The business took responsibility. You want businesses to not even try to identify the illegals working for them for fear that they'll be prosecuted AFTER they fire the employees?

He lost his job earlier this month as a result of an internal immigration sweep by the company; however, his insurance carrier is still covering him.

Jesus Navarro, An Undocumented Immigrant, Denied Kidney Transplant Despite Willing Donor And Insurance Coverage

The business took responsibility. You want businesses to not even try to identify the illegals working for them for fear that they'll be prosecuted AFTER they fire the employees?

He lost his job earlier this month as a result of an internal immigration sweep by the company; however, his insurance carrier is still covering him.

Jesus Navarro, An Undocumented Immigrant, Denied Kidney Transplant Despite Willing Donor And Insurance Coverage

If they found out he's an illegal now, they could have found out 14 years ago when they hired him.

No he wouldn't.

This grave's for you.

Instead of posting all this bullshit over and over why don't you tell us where Mrs. Brewer is supposed to get the money to pay for all this exorbitant care? Where?

If they found out he's an illegal now, they could have found out 14 years ago when they hired him.

True.

But I'm still glad that they are checking for that now. I'm inclined to credit them for doing the right thing now and not dwell on what happened almost a generation ago.

True.

But I'm still glad that they are checking for that now. I'm inclined to credit them for doing the right thing now and not dwell on what happened almost a generation ago.

Oh come on, face it, he's worked for them for 14 years, now he his having health problems and then suddently discover he's illegal????? Sure give them credit for it if you like but I think they are just doing whatever they can to save themselves the trouble of someone with kidney problems. They can fire him for being illegal, but they can't fire him for having kidney problems. What do you want to bet if he hadn't developed kidney problems they never would have "discovered" he's an illegal.

Forum List

Back