Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant:

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant: report

By Chris Roberts, NBCBayArea.com

Jesus Navarro has a donor and he has medical insurance -- everything the Oakland man needs for the kidney transplant that will save his life.

Problem is, Navarro, 35, is an illegal immigrant. So despite working for 14 years at a steel foundry in Berkeley and his private insurance, doctors at UC San Francisco Medical Center are refusing to perform the operation, according to the Contra Costa Times.
U.S. News - Hospital denies kidney transplant to illegal immigrant: report

This is why our immigration laws should be enforced. Why is he still here? Americans will not work at steel foundries?
Give him the transplant, send Mexico the bill for the next 50 years of his life on transplant drugs. He is taking a kidney from some American.

Tolerance of those who choose to sneak into the Country rather than migrate via the prescribed manner is diluting the value of citizenship.

He committed a string of crimes and kept hidden for 14 years and now wants some kind of benefit?

No.

Why should we give him the kidney when there are so many Americans who need kidneys . Give them the kidneys not someone here illegally.

Governor Jan Brewer would be proud. She denied funds on previously approved medical procedures on 2 American citizens, killing them. Heck..she would probably cap this one herself.

Governor Jan Brewer would be proud. She denied funds on previously approved medical procedures on 2 American citizens, killing them. Heck..she would probably cap this one herself.

Nice attempt to deflect....

Let the 'Mexican citizen' get a transplant in his country.
Here.... he is a criminal.

I worked in the dialysis field and it sucked to see someone getting treatments free of charge, yet they were here illegally and could not even speak the language of the folks treating them.

Last edited:
If mexico has a donor, and pays for the whole procedure, there is no reason why a transplant can't be done here.

In fact, organ transplants will open up an entirely new industry for the cartels once we legalize drugs.

If mexico has a donor, and pays for the whole procedure, there is no reason why a transplant can't be done here.

In fact, organ transplants will open up an entirely new industry for the cartels once we legalize drugs.

The Cartels already do organ transplants under the table.

Of course they do. It's not the same size industry as drugs, but it will be. They are just branching out in the kidnapping area too. It's part of supporting small business.

The reason they can't give him the transplant is that he can't demonstrate a likelihood that he can take care of himself appropriately afterward.

There's a good chance that he won't be able to keep up with the necessary post-transplant drug regimen.

In other words, he's likely to sell his medication for crack.

Makes sense.

If we have a government that wants to refuse food stamps for people who eat cookies, then we can deny transplants for those who won't take their medicine.

Makes sense.

If we have a government that wants to refuse food stamps for people who eat cookies, then we can deny transplants for those who won't take their medicine.

That's not what I said. Not what I implied.

If he had the drugs I'm sure he would take them.

He can't demonstrate that he'll be able to purchase the drugs. The insurance from his last job won't last forever. Did you read the article? If he ends up on Medi-Cal they won't pay for the immunosuppressive drugs he'd need.

Of course they do. It's not the same size industry as drugs, but it will be. They are just branching out in the kidnapping area too. It's part of supporting small business.

People who think the Cartel bosses will become legit businessmen when drugs become legal don't have a clue, they will just make their money illegally in other ways like sex slavery, pimping hoes, organ transplants, money laundering etc etc, people thought the Mafia would all go away after prohibition but they were wrong, for these men drugs are just a small part, most of this is about power and $$$$ to them.

I would think that his chances for finding a stronger blood/tissue match would tend to be better where he came from.

Time to go back and find it imo.

Makes sense.

That's not what I said. Not what I implied.

If he had the drugs I'm sure he would take them.

He can't demonstrate that he'll be able to purchase the drugs. The insurance from his last job won't last forever. Did you read the article? If he ends up on Medi-Cal they won't pay for the immunosuppressive drugs he'd need.

Why not? My husband was on the liver transplant list at Cedars, I got to know MANY recipients through the program and Medi-Cal picked up the tab for every one of them. The state was ready to pick up the tab for my husband's medication as well. IF Medi-Cal won't pay, it's because he's an illegal and not entitled to tax payers paying for his medication.

Pack these interlopers up and send them back to wherever they came from. Maybe mexico can step up to the late and we can send them the bill.

I would think that his chances for finding a stronger blood/tissue match would tend to be better where he came from.

Mexico is not a desolate no mans land like Chad or Somalia, they should be more than capable of stepping up and providing this service for their countryman.

Mexico is not a desolate no mans land like Chad or Somalia, they should be more than capable of stepping up and providing this service for their countryman.

I think that some day they will High Gravity. Oil, resources, people, they've got it all except that it's time for the big fight.

Then the change to a working government that deals with the MASSIVE corruption that allows the drug dealing and world-wide crime cartels such a strong and dug in position.

The Hospital made the decision.
The hospital denied his procedure, in large part, because they didn’t believe he would be able to pay.

The Hospital made the decision.
The hospital denied his procedure, in large part, because they didn’t believe he would be able to pay.

If the man was an American citizen, he would have gotten the procedure. This man should get Mexico to cover the cost of his procedure.

Forum List

Back