Hospital bans 'cooing' over baby

Where to begin on this one?

First: So they are little people with rights minutes out of the womb eh? So why is it minutes before they are a clump of tissue that has zero rights?

Well thats an argument for another thread.

Second: Fuck this PC bullshit. Things have been going fine for thousands of years before these liberal, PC fucknuts have been meddling with society and making it worse. I really think these assholes are trying to make the world more divided by pissing everyone off with ridiculous rules.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Oh God, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. Hahahahahaha!!!!

I thought human interaction was essential for infant mental/social development.

How exactly does cooing over a child take away the child's "right to dignity"? When you coo over someone you are by definition talking about them fondly, amorously, or appreciatively.

Dignity has 4 definitions

Main Entry: dig·ni·ty
Pronunciation: 'dig-n&-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English dignete, from Old French digneté, from Latin dignitat-, dignitas, from dignus
1 : the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed
2 a : high rank, office, or position b : a legal title of nobility or honor
3 archaic : DIGNITARY
4 : formal reserve or seriousness of manner, appearance, or language

Just looking at the first definition, cooing would be a form of dignity. If you talk about someone fondly or appreciatively you are honoring them or holding them of high esteem.

The rest of the definitions dont make sense because the child is a newborn. What time has it to become involved in the political world of dignity or nobility.

This law just doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Umm....that's in the UK.

But strangers shouldn't be touching other people's newborn babies anyway. Their little immune systems aren't developed yet.

speederdoc said:
Umm....that's in the UK.

But strangers shouldn't be touching other people's newborn babies anyway. Their little immune systems aren't developed yet.

Why would strangers be allowed into that ward of the hospital in any case?

Yeah, I thought babies were taken from the mother to the nursery by a nurse and then onlookers can see the babies through a window. What are they suggesting with this new rule. That a curtain be put over the nursery window?

Avatar's right, babies have no basis for comparison to actually know that their "dignity" is being compromised. All they're interested in is tasting everything around them.

no1tovote4 said:
Why would strangers be allowed into that ward of the hospital in any case?

It depends on the hospital. My cousin's wife gave birth at a hospital in Fort Worth that has an entire floor dedicated to new borns. In order to get off on that floor, you have to be with the father or other family member.

With a lot smaller hospitals, the room where they keep the newborns is just another part of the hospital, where anybody can come up and look in the window.

Of course, this particular hospital is in England, and I have no idea what their layout is.

insein said:
Where to begin on this one?

First: So they are little people with rights minutes out of the womb eh? So why is it minutes before they are a clump of tissue that has zero rights?

Raming a vacuum into the womb is very much infringing on their privacy!

Forum List

Back