"Horses and Bayonets"

Then Perhaps Mittens shouldn't have fixated on the state of the navy in 1917.
You're fixated on it not Mitt Romney.

Mitt has brought up the same idiotic point before

Actually it was extremely valid.

We can't fight every God Damned war from now on with drones.

The problem with some of you hosers is you can't think outside of that box the Dems placed you in. You think you know more than you do. You assume too damned much.

What happens if Russia just decides to cut off the oil fields? What if Iran gets a nuke? What if somebody attacks one of our allies with a full scale invasion? Will we have the ability to react when our military is in worse shape than pre-WWII?

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think a single aircraft carrier today could take out a fleet of ships in 1916.

One carrier could destroy the entire 1916 Navy

MV5BMTY2MTk1NTMxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcxMDUyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

I've sometimes wondered if Custer had 1 AR or 1 AK if he would have won the battle of the Little Big Horn.

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think a single aircraft carrier today could take out a fleet of ships in 1916.

One carrier could destroy the entire 1916 Navy

MV5BMTY2MTk1NTMxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcxMDUyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Only if the entire Navy sat together waiting for it within 500 miles of the carrier.

With each comment you sound more and more retarded.

The problem with some of you hosers is you can't think outside of that box the Dems placed you in. You think you know more than you do. You assume too damned much.

What happens if Russia just decides to cut off the oil fields? What if Iran gets a nuke? What if somebody attacks one of our allies with a full scale invasion? Will we have the ability to react when our military is in worse shape than pre-WWII?

Lets see ?

What was Mitts point?

In 1916 we had more ships than today. In 1916 we had maybe the third most powerful navy in the world

Today we have fewer ships than in 1916 and are more powerful than the rest of the worlds Navies combined

What was Mitts point again?

Yeah...I had bayonet training in the 80's when I was in too....never saw one again either....I wasn't a grunt though....I was in electronics. I am sure they get used on occasion in combat, and they are a handy tool to have....but I doubt you hear calls of "fix bayonets" very often these days.

They use them for everything now. It's not just a sharp piece of metal these days. They have knife edges and saw teeth for cutting branches during E&E survival.

Unless you were combat-arms you probably wouldn't know this.

Like I said I was not a SF Bravo. I have no doubt they are used in training but I doubt the SF guys carried a standard issue bayonet then they went wherever they go when the go on 'vacation'.

I was SF. During Desert Storm everyone was issued one. Most of us preferred our own knifes because our mission was different from conventional combat units. We still got them.

Lets see ?

What was Mitts point?

In 1916 we had more ships than today. In 1916 we had maybe the third most powerful navy in the world

Today we have fewer ships than in 1916 and are more powerful than the rest of the worlds Navies combined

What was Mitts point again?

That we have a smaller Navy now than we have had in almost 100 years.

Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

Your comment is just as dumb as Mitts

Our military is in worse shape than pre-WWII?

Are you aware that our military forces are more powerful than the next seven countries combined?

They use them for everything now. It's not just a sharp piece of metal these days. They have knife edges and saw teeth for cutting branches during E&E survival.

Unless you were combat-arms you probably wouldn't know this.

Like I said I was not a SF Bravo. I have no doubt they are used in training but I doubt the SF guys carried a standard issue bayonet then they went wherever they go when the go on 'vacation'.

I was SF. During Desert Storm everyone was issued one. Most of us preferred our own knifes because our mission was different from conventional combat units. We still got them.

As I said. Grats on being a snake eater. I don't see how you can support Romney over Obama. The policies of the neocons are awful for SF what as Obama seems to much better understand the SF much better. I was talking to a SF guy at the NC Zoo after I was out. He was telling me how SF got spread way to thin because so many resources got moved out of Afghanistan as soon as we went into Iraq.

Are you aware that our military forces are more powerful than the next seven countries combined?

Mitt didn't say that. BTW, the "shape" of the military covers several things. One of them being that we don't have the manpower in uniform nor the equipment we had on D-Day.

As I said. Grats on being a snake eater. I don't see how you can support Romney over Obama. The policies of the neocons are awful for SF what as Obama seems to much better understand the SF much better. I was talking to a SF guy at the NC Zoo after I was out. He was telling me how SF got spread way to thin because so many resources got moved out of Afghanistan as soon as we went into Iraq.

You should hear what they're saying about Obama.

Does "Taliban In Chief" ring a bell?

Of course our out of touch empty suit knows nothing about actual warfare. He thought his smug and condescending statement wouldn't be Fact Checked...LOL

Actually, Mr. President, Marines still use bayonets
As NBC’s Chuck Todd reports, while it’s true that the U.S. military doesn’t count on bayonets as much as it did a century ago, the weapon is still “actively used” by the U.S. Marines, according to their web site, noting that the rifle attachment as a “weapon of choice when shots can’t be fired.”

Actually, Mr. President, Marines still use bayonets - Video on TODAY.com

Mitt didn't say that. BTW, the "shape" of the military covers several things. One of them being that we don't have the manpower in uniform nor the equipment we had on D-Day.

why would we? :eusa_hand:

You said that...defend your assertion that our military is in worse shape than pre-WWII. Give us some numbers....then we can mock you

D-Day? Doubling down in Mitts WWI comparison?

You want to compare the lethality of todays force when compared to a 1944 capability with ten times the numbers? Want to guess who wins?

Of course our out of touch empty suit knows nothing about actual warfare. He thought his smug and condescending statement wouldn't be Fact Checked...LOL

Actually, Mr. President, Marines still use bayonets
As NBC’s Chuck Todd reports, while it’s true that the U.S. military doesn’t count on bayonets as much as it did a century ago, the weapon is still “actively used” by the U.S. Marines, according to their web site, noting that the rifle attachment as a “weapon of choice when shots can’t be fired.”

Actually, Mr. President, Marines still use bayonets - Video on TODAY.com

^

another fuckwit that thinks fewer means none.

does your head rotate to follow the sun?

Forum List

Back