horse meat

Confronted by my own mortality and a steaming heap of well-seasoned horse meat, I would:

• Total voters
If given the option, I would eat horse meat from good farms that feed their horses organically.

There's, what, millions upon millions of wild horses in the USA? I read that on one of the articles about horse meat, but can't seem to recall it atm.

I know how delicious venison steaks are. If horse meat really is that lean, and has good flavor, I would try it.

Horse fajitas.

sashimi-type slices of nicely chilled raw horse meat goes great with some warm sake on a winter's night.

Horses-gonna-Horse_o_146157.jpg

I think I would have a hard time knowing what it is I am eating, very similar to what eating dog would be like. I just don't view horses as food animals like cows or pigs or chickens.

I wouldn't eat horse unless I was starving. I don't see that ever happening, because I would never put myself into that situation. So no, I would never eat horse. And people who do eat horse because they like it are revolting.

As a bit of food for thought, I imagine if we're hungry enough we'd eat anything, including each other.

I wouldn't eat horse unless I was starving. I don't see that ever happening, because I would never put myself into that situation. So no, I would never eat horse. And people who do eat horse because they like it are revolting.

Food is food. Anything outside your own species is food.

Wrong. Being zero generations separated from subsistence hunting culture, believe me when I say....unless you're being starved by a totalitarian government or you're an Argentinian soccer team in the Andes, all food is not equal...and not everything aside from your own species is food.

Wrong. Being zero generations separated from subsistence hunting culture, believe me when I say....unless you're being starved by a totalitarian government or you're an Argentinian soccer team in the Andes, all food is not equal...and not everything aside from your own species is food.

Nature disagrees with your emotions.

No, nature doesn't. Generally speaking humans who lack the common sense to distinguish food from, say, garbage, carrion, offal, rodents live short, painful lives.

Incorrect. :p

Horse meat is delicate, more delicate and tasty than beef. I like it!

I didn't eat snakes, but the taste of frogs in breading is really similar with chickens.

Forum List

Back