Horse back riding help ann's ms?

My ex step daughter has CP and many of the ailments and afflictions are very similar. She went horseback riding twice a week for many years. In fact many children and adults were there for therapy each time.

You, if you truly have a similar affliction, should be ashamed of yourself for creating this thread.

HORSE BACK RIDING HELP ANN'S MS?

“excitement of getting on a horse” helped her?

I have MS, a disease that affects the central nervous system disease and the slightest movement around me throughs me into a vertigo attack triggering a MS flare up. I cannot ride in a car for longer than an hour at the most. But of course, symtoms varies from patient to patient.
Before I was DX with MS, my daughter DX me with Sensory Defense in an Overstimuating World that show how sensitive the nervous system is. I cannot imagine being on a horse, I cannot even deal with my bed that vibrate among other things.

I wonder if Medicare would pay for me to have a horse for therapy? Instead of the $1300 a month daily injections of Copaxone?

I've been reading the same thing. If she wants to play horsey, fine, but don't give us this crap about therapy.

BTW, if anyone wants to get into the "sport" of dressage, the cutesy little outfit the rider wears costs about $15K. The coat alone priced out at almost $900.

Other presidents have been wealthy but compare this jackass with JFK or any of the Kennedys. You can hate their politics but they were raised knowing they would be working to give something back to their country.

Mittens and Mrs Mittens only TAKE from the US and GIVE to other countries.

Oh and something that has bugged me about this $illy $tory is -- What kind of husband is not in the stands cheering for his wife's horse?

My ex step daughter has CP and many of the ailments and afflictions are very similar. She went horseback riding twice a week for many years. In fact many children and adults were there for therapy each time.

You, if you truly have a similar affliction, should be ashamed of yourself for creating this thread.

Then you SHOULD know that there are varying degrees of MS and that there are times when its in remission. You SHOULD know that remission can vary from patient to patient BUT that MS is ALWAYS very painful. You should also know that MS IS NOT the same as CP.

And, get off your effing high horse about it. You're always right there to hassle others. You can hand it out but you can't take it.

You are so incredibly full of shit.

Seriously. Are you the loon who was going on about how horses don't get excited or dance?

Dressage coat: $99:

Ladies' Devon-Aire® Dressage Coat | Dover Saddlery

Breeches, $75:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/tuff-r...ches/p/X1-35217/?ids=hlscxoj2hog4it45xakdvyb3

Dressage hat, $180

http://www.doversaddlery.com/wool-felt-dressage-hat-chrstys/p/X1-36035/?ids=hlscxoj2hog4it45xakdvyb3

Dress boot, $239:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/mountain-horse®-firenze-zip-dress-boot/p/X1-38855/

And those are all new. You can get used for next to nothing.

Last edited:

Then you SHOULD know that there are varying degrees of MS and that there are times when its in remission. You SHOULD know that remission can vary from patient to patient BUT that MS is ALWAYS very painful. You should also know that MS IS NOT the same as CP.

And, get off your effing high horse about it. You're always right there to hassle others. You can hand it out but you can't take it.

You're a jackass. If I had the land and the cash I would have bought her a horse too. Horses can be easily spooked by sudden movements around strangers. I have no high horse but I do have compassion for all with these diseases.

You are scum.

From the MS Foundation site:

"Both the shape of the horse’s back and the horse’s movements make it ideal for therapy. Sitting on the horse can stretch hip joints and reduce pain and spasticity in leg muscles. The horse’s pelvis moves like a human pelvis – up and down, back and forth and side to side. Therefore, the movement of the horse simulates the way we walk. While riding, the movement of the rider’s hips can increase limberness and muscle tone in the legs."

Article Details

Forum List

Back