Horrific Football Hazing....in small towns

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Horrific football hazing case shakes NM town - Yahoo! News

This happens again and again over the course of the football season. I live in small town usa...it has happened here. I think the coaches knew about it here and that it had been going on for a long time. It was not discovered till a young man came home with blood on him underpants and bleeding, where he had been sodomized with a broom. The victim became the county outcasts for revealing what had happened to him and who did it. Star football players are hard to replace.

So what do you think? Is Hazing a passage to manhood or just a brutal sadistic activity for the weak of mind?

Minor hazing is fine, this was beyond the pale. Of course the problem is if you allow ANY hazing, dumb shits will take it to far.

When I was in the Corps I was at a unit where my work section would tape a new guy to a chair for an hour or two. It got a little rougher with each new guy. Finally I was promoted and ended up in charge and ENDED it completely. The older guys were not happy but so what. I had a duty to protect all my marines and it was gonna get out of hand.

LOL, they also used to shoot bottle rockets at each other. It got so bad one day I just left the work area and stayed in the break room near the Company Commanders Office. Finally dawned on the SSgt that someone would eventually ask me why I spent so much time up there away from work and I would probably tell them. So he stopped it.

We were in a secure area so no one could just walk in.

Football is a great game that has become a disease which is, in my never humble opinion, one of the root causes of the death of edcuation in the USA.

In fact sports fanaticism generally is a menace to many secondary educational systems in this nation.

Forum List

Back