Horrific: Democrats Fundraise Off Scalia Death

The Dems who interpret the Constitution to fit their ideology, now are wanting to read it literally? :lmao:
Sure we are reading the Constitution literally...after all, money IS free speech according to the Citizen's United decision. So if folks decide to fill coffers after this event, well..seems like SCOTUS would feel vindicated!

The Dems who interpret the Constitution to fit their ideology, now are wanting to read it literally? :lmao:
Nope, modern history.

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

REAGAN NOMINATES ANTHONY KENNEDY TO SUPREME COURT
By LINDA GREENHOUSE, Special to the New York Times
Published: November 12, 1987
WASHINGTON, Nov. 11— President Reagan, stung by the failure of two nominations to the Supreme Court in the last three weeks, today nominated Judge Anthony M. Kennedy and expressed the hope that he could be confirmed quickly in a spirit of bipartisan cooperation"
REAGAN NOMINATES ANTHONY KENNEDY TO SUPREME COURT

After Bork and Thiomas, Dems killed those day
Bork and Ginsburg. Ronald Reagan Supreme Court candidates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ginsberg confirmed 96-3. Like I said Dems poisoned the process with Bork and then Thomas
Thomas was confirmed, and you have the wrong Jew.

Douglas H. Ginsburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have the wrong thread. The point AFTER you fucked Bork and tried to fuck Thomas the days of 90+ votes for a nomination are over

Sure we are reading the Constitution literally...after all, money IS free speech according to the Citizen's United decision. So if folks decide to fill coffers after this event, well..seems like SCOTUS would feel vindicated!

If Unions can advertise so can Corporations.

It's not about advertising.

Yes it is about advertising.
Even Justices Roberts shook his head no when President Obama said it was about money at one of his State of Union Addresses.
Rules of giving to campaigns still remain and are restricted to a certain amount.

Citizens United v. FEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States District Court for the District of Columbia held that §203 of BCRA applied and prohibited Citizens United from advertising the film Hillary: The Movie in broadcasts or paying to have it shown on television within 30 days of the 2008 Democratic primaries.[1][5] The Supreme Court reversed this decision, striking down those provisions of BCRA that prohibited corporations (including nonprofit corporations) and unions from making independent expenditures and "electioneering communications".

Who believes that Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders have raised funds using Scalia's death?

Now....who believes that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have?

Let's be honest, dummies. Just this once.

Yes it is about advertising.
Even Justices Roberts shook his head no when President Obama said it was about money at one of his State of Union Addresses.
Rules of giving to campaigns still remain and are restricted to a certain amount.

Citizens United v. FEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States District Court for the District of Columbia held that §203 of BCRA applied and prohibited Citizens United from advertising the film Hillary: The Movie in broadcasts or paying to have it shown on television within 30 days of the 2008 Democratic primaries.[1][5] The Supreme Court reversed this decision, striking down those provisions of BCRA that prohibited corporations (including nonprofit corporations) and unions from making independent expenditures and "electioneering communications".

What I find more insidious is the number of Congresscritters who've been bought and by whom. They don't exactly advertise their ownership.

Here is the text from the email:

Breaking news from the GOP debate stage:

In tonight's debate, the Republican presidential candidates were asked whether or not President Obama should nominate a new justice to the Supreme Court. They said Congress should block, delay, or otherwise refuse to allow the President to fill this vacancy.

There's no excuse for this, You. It's putting partisan politics above theConstitution and the rule of law, and it's appalling to hear from any public official -- let alone someone who thinks he should be the next President of the United States.

And they're not alone. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- who is responsible for scheduling votes in the Senate -- has already said that "this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President."

But no matter what Mitch McConnell says, President Obama is going to fulfill his constitutional obligation to nominate a successor to fill thevacant seat on the Supreme Court -- and that nominee deserves a fair hearing in the Senate.

Add your name to call on Republicans to follow the Constitution instead of obstructing the confirmation of our next Supreme Court justice:

I stand with President Obama and Democrats -- will you join me?

Thanks,

Democrats

The OP will now show us where he sees the word "fundraising" in the original email, not in the spin on his RW site.

ROFL! That's funny. Democrats never put partisan politics above the law, do they? Obama followed the Constitution to the letter, didn't he?

Here's a bit of news for you: Nothing in the Constitution says the Senate has to give Obama's nomination a fair hearing.

Of course it is.

In tonight's debate, the Republican presidential candidates were asked whether or not President Obama should nominate a new justice to the Supreme Court. They said Congress should block, delay, or otherwise refuse to allow the President to fill this vacancy.

There's no excuse for this, You. It's putting partisan politics above theConstitution and the rule of law, and it's appalling to hear from any public official -- let alone someone who thinks he should be the next President of the United States.

And they're not alone. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- who is responsible for scheduling votes in the Senate -- has already said that "this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President."

But no matter what Mitch McConnell says, President Obama is going to fulfill his constitutional obligation to nominate a successor to fill thevacant seat on the Supreme Court -- and that nominee deserves a fair hearing in the Senate.

Add your name to call on Republicans to follow the Constitution instead of obstructing the confirmation of our next Supreme Court justice:

Thanks,

Democrats

The OP will now show us where he sees the word "fundraising" in the original email, not in the spin on his RW site.

ROFL! That's funny. Democrats never put partisan politics above the law, do they? Obama followed the Constitution to the letter, didn't he?

Here's a bit of news for you: Nothing in the Constitution says the Senate has to give Obama's nomination a fair hearing.
I'm not sure about the Constitution, but I do know that not giving Obama's nomination a fair hearing is the keynote of the Republican 'Mission Statement'.

Thanks,

Democrats

I'm not sure about the Constitution, but I do know that not giving Obama's nomination a fair hearing is the keynote of the Republican 'Mission Statement'.

hows the weather you get blasted with cold and snow

Thanks,

Democrats

Can you quote where it says that?

Who believes that Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders have raised funds using Scalia's death?

Now....who believes that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have?

Let's be honest, dummies. Just this once.
All career politicians will raise money off the dudes death... No doubt.

Thanks,

Democrats

If the Court ruled on the Constitution instead of being activist's we would not have this problem.

I doubt they'll get as much as the Right has raised off Benghazi.
Link or you're lying!

Go rant against the Jews some more. Only a retard denies that the GOP has raised millions off the American deaths at Benghazi.
I never received any fundraising emails that mentioned Benghazi, and I get plenty of emails asking for money.

Thanks,

Democrats

And nothing in your post says people can't sign that petition if they're so inclined. Sucks to be you.

Forum List

Back