Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
From Yahoo! homepage news:

• Hundreds flock to Saddam's gravesite
World reaction
• Bomb kills 2,999th U.S. soldier in Iraq
Troop deaths
In a couple minutes/hours get ready, we'll hit 3k!
• Gazans fear radio rhetoric may cause war
• Castro sends New Year's message to Cubans
• Poll: Americans see gloom, doom in 2007
• Sea slug offers clues to human brain disorders
• George Michael charged with driving offense

AP's wet dream fulfilled:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/nation/16358321.htm

Texas soldier's death raises toll to at least 3,000
Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The death of a Texas soldier, announced Sunday by the Pentagon, raised the number of U.S. military deaths in Iraq to at least 3,000 since the war began, according to an Associated Press count.

The grim milestone was crossed on the final day of 2006 and at the end of the deadliest month for the American military in Iraq in the past 12 months. At least 111 U.S. service members were reported to have died in December.

Spc. Dustin R. Donica, 22, of Spring, Texas, was killed Thursday by small arms fire in Baghdad, the Defense Department said. Donica was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.

His death was not announced by U.S. military authorities in Baghdad.

At least 820 U.S. military personnel died in Iraq in 2006, according to the AP count.

Would you prefer that they don't count or report combat casualties ?

I'd prefer they didn't do it as a death watch. You enjoy? When did you last read an ap or reuters article about Paul R. Smith or any of the others that have been recommended for the Medal of Honor?

I'd prefer they didn't do it as a death watch. You enjoy? When did you last read an ap or reuters article about Paul R. Smith or any of the others that have been recommended for the Medal of Honor?

You're expecting fair and unbiased coverage on Iraq ? Still ?

Paul R. Smith? Read about it a couple of years ago when it happened. Awarded in 05 I think.

#3000 was today. Sorta a current events kinda thing, I guess.

Paul R. Smith? Read about it a couple of years ago when it happened. Awarded in 05 I think.

#3000 was today. Sorta a current events kinda thing, I guess.

and the 2999 that proceeded it?

As for Paul Smith, I posted many links from Blackfive and other milbloggers. The day the award was presented, the Chicago Tribune, not well known for it's liberalism, had a short article on page 14 or so.

All part of 'war' reporting I guess. #500 was current at one time too.

As I said, it's their wet dream. If they can hit that 'magic number' their troubles will be gone, they'll control the war. :rolleyes:

Of course the media runs the war. I don't get all my news from the internet...I actually still get the local paper every morning. I will quote part of the article. In the Greensboro News and Record, this article was written by Solomon Moore of the Los Angeles Times:
"Another unanswered question is why Saddam would mislead the world to believe he had weapons of mass destruction before the war began in 2003. Former UN weapons inspector David Kay reported that Saddam's own generals did not know he had abandoned his nuclear weapons program until the U.S. military began massing on Iraq's borders."

Now I thought that the Bush Administration just made all that up just so they could go in. In reading articles in the past, the media reports were that there was no reason to think that Saddam had WMD's. Here, since the report isn't about the war they go ahead and print information that tells that he did lead people to believe he had these. You can get the truth from the media...Most the time you just have to read a story that relates to something else and they will slip it on in there.

Edit: I couldn't find you link, but here is one for the Moore article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070102/1019862.asp

Thanks for posting the link. I didn't post a link because I quoted from the paper. I figured someone could find the article based off the Name and paper of the Author.

Thanks for posting the link. I didn't post a link because I quoted from the paper. I figured someone could find the article based off the Name and paper of the Author.

Whenever posting material written by someone other than yourself, even something like www.dictionary.com you must supply the link. Thank you!

Forum List

Back