Horrible... Montana to Young, people: "The coach is a radical. His vision is radica"

Feb 28, 2009
Benching Joe Montana for Steve Young in Montana's prime.... Probably cost the 49ers two Lombardis in the 90s since Cowboy Killer Montana sat on the bench while Dallas had Young's number all the way..

Discuss.

I'm glad Neil Young gave up football to make music. He never could get good pass protection anyway.

Montana was running on fumes from 1990.

Was beaten-up and getting older. Had that back surgery in the mid- 80s.

It was Young's time in SF.

But when KC played SF in 1994 - they handed the Niners one of the their 2 lossed that season.. (the other was against the Eagles - where Young went ballistic on the sidelines.)

Can't blame the 49ers

Young was a dynamic, younger QB and a Hall of Famer in his own right

• Banned
Montana was running on fumes from 1990.

Was beaten-up and getting older. Had that back surgery in the mid- 80s.

It was Young's time in SF.

But when KC played SF in 1994 - they handed the Niners one of the their 2 lossed that season.. (the other was against the Eagles - where Young went ballistic on the sidelines.)
Yeah as long as you don't count the NFC Championship, where Dallas handed them their collective asses for a second year in a row.

Maybe I got my years mixed up.

Did the niners win the Super Bowl in the 93 or 94 season under Steve Young.

Recall ex-Domer Ricky Watters scored about 6 TDs against San Diego

• Banned
1992 season and 1993 season, Dallas handed them their asses. SF was able to return the favor in the 1994 NFC title game, on their way to winning SB 29.

1992 season and 1993 season, Dallas handed them their asses. SF was able to return the favor in the 1994 NFC title game, on their way to winning SB 29.

Montana's back was done bro. Anyway, yeah that was right before you guys stole Deon Sanders from us. Man, That was one of the worst days of my life when he signed that contract. LMAO! ~BH

Montana's back was done bro. Anyway, yeah that was right before you guys stole Deon Sanders from us. Man, That was one of the worst days of my life when he signed that contract. LMAO! ~BH
Montana was a Cowboy killer and would have done them in all three times in the 90s. He would have found a way.

Jus sayin.

Montana was a Cowboy killer and would have done them in all three times in the 90s. He would have found a way.

Jus sayin.

I agree bro, but his back was an issue. Unless they were afraid they would lose Young to free agency, I dunno. I think the weak offensive line would have presented some big problems for Montana, where Young's mobility allowed him to get out of the pocket and yet he to was smashed around alot anyway. That was the reason Montana kept re-injuring his back near the end of his career. Plus, The big 3 in Dallas were coming into frutation either way. I hear what you're saying though, I know that you understand pro Football. That's why I have always enjoyed discussing it with you here and at other places.

Anyway, I still got that Sports Illustrated with Deon on the cover after signing the biggest NFL contract in League history. :cool: ~BH

Forum List

Back