Horrible looking crash at the Macau GP

Ugliest crash I have seen in a LONG time.

As of now, the driver (17 year old, Sophia Floersch) is in hospital but conscious. Others injured are - at worst - apparently in the same condition as the driver.

I sincerely hope everyone will be fine, very soon.

You told to much..

Friendly reminder ((don't tell that much)

How the heck would you know, you misogynistic doofus? Have you actually driven race cars? [...]

Congratulations moron - you win the 'most pathetic post today' award.

Have a nice day.

In all seriousness I have to ask: When will the insight ever sink in that the only way to deal with trolls is to ignore them? They live for nothing so much as to rile others up and to drag them down to their level. It is most unfortunate that so many, rather than to nail their hands to their desk, do them the favor to get riled up and sink to their level.

Oh, and BTW, driving around in circles at breakneck speed has to occupy a top spot on the lists of both human insanity and stupidity, as that crash proves yet again, and that has to be the main reason why women are scarce among those who do.

How the heck would you know, you misogynistic doofus? Have you actually driven race cars? [...]

Congratulations moron - you win the 'most pathetic post today' award.

Have a nice day.

In all seriousness I have to ask: When will the insight ever sink in that the only way to deal with trolls is to ignore them? They live for nothing so much as to rile others up and to drag them down to their level. It is most unfortunate that so many, rather than to nail their hands to their desk, do them the favor to get riled up and sink to their level.

Oh, and BTW, driving around in circles at breakneck speed has to occupy a top spot on the lists of both human insanity and stupidity, as that crash proves yet again, and that has to be the main reason why women are scarce among those who do.

I usually ignore trolls. My Ignore List is VERY long...including the Soup Nazi guy.
But I saw his post when I was bored and just had to react.

But you are right, ignoring trolls is the best way to deal with them. They obviously crave attention and mayhem.

BTW - as for racing's 'insanity'? That is why I quit racing (after a short 'career'). I simply could not get it out of my head all the bad things that could happen to me/others if I lost a wing, a tire or the suspension broke. I was faster then most - at my level - but definitely not the best. But I just could not bury reality...something you absolutely have to do when racing/practising. So, after one scary spin I had...I knew I had to quit. I still miss it...as 'insane' as it was. The adrenalin rush you got after the racing was just wonderful. Better than any drug. And it was fun...until the reality sunk in of what you were doing and what could happen if something went wrong.

Last edited:
Any explanation why she was going so fast?
It was a race and she was trying to win.
By going so fast she had no hope of making the turn ...brilliant

You obviously know little/nothing about racing. No car is going to completely miss a braking point that much unless the brakes are gone and/or the driver is unconscious.

The reasons this happened are in the link I gave you above...but since you are obviously too lazy to read it...

...the yellow came out at the wrong time, so the car in front saw the yellow before she could have. So he stopped first, she slammed into the back of him, lost two tires and ended up sideways...then slid into the wall. It's impossible to stop your car when you have only two wheels PLUS you are perpendicular to the road.

It was not her fault (apparently).

Last edited:
Oh I saw that...now if she didn't see it the people in front of her hadn't either dumbass...now look how fast she was going relative to them .....

Oh I saw that...now if she didn't see it the people in front of her hadn't either dumbass...now look how fast she was going relative to them .....

Oh, Gordon Bennett...hey doofus? Read.

'“First of all it was such a scary moment,” said the Prema Powerteam driver, who was making his way through the pack after a crash in the qualification race and an engine change relegated him to 28th and last on the grid.

“Coming after Mandarin [the preceding right-hand kink], I saw the yellow, but I think it was just a mistake by the organisers’ station.

“Sophia was really close to Jehan, so when Jehan braked early she had no time to react.

“She hit Jehan’s right-rear, and that spun her around straight into Lisboa, and she flew into the other car.

“I just hope she’s OK.”

Floersch suffers spinal fracture in Macau crash

You get it now? I doubt it.

They were all racing.
Then the yellow flags came out at THE WRONG TIME. Yellow flags mean 'slow down'.
The racers in front of her saw the yellow in time. But she DID NOT HAVE TIME TO SEE THE YELLOW BEFORE SHE HIT THE BACK OF A CAR RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. THIS CAUSED HER TO CRASH WHICH RIPPED OFF TWO OF HER WHEELS AND TURNED HER CAR ON IT'S SIDE.
So, by the time the other cars got to the turn, they had all slowed down FOR THE YELLOW FLAG. But since she had lost 2 wheels and was sliding on her side...she could not stop.
So she slid at almost full speed, unable to stop, right past the then slowed-down-for-the-yellow-flag other cars.
She then hit the curb and was launched into the barrier.

You got it now, dingleberry?

If you don't - you are either staggeringly stupid/ignorant and/or just another loser troll.

Last edited:
I get it you don't .....look at the people way ahead of her how slow they were going relative to her ....she should have been slowing for the turn long before she launched into the air.

I get it you don't .....look at the people way ahead of her how slow they were going relative to her ....she should have been slowing for the turn long before she launched into the air.

Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_grande.png

Either you are a troll or a young child or you are senile or mega lazy or...

...you are possibly THE stupidest person I have EVER chatted with on a chat forum.

I am going with the former (surely, no one can be as stupid as you are acting).

Believe whatever you wish...we are done here troll.

Oh, and welcome to my Ignore List. I try not to waste time on trolls.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_grande.png

Either you are a troll or a young child or you are senile or...

...you are possibly THE stupidest person I have EVER chatted with on a chat forum.

I am going with the former (surely, no one can be as stupid as you are acting).

Believe whatever you wish...we are done here troll.

Oh, and welcome to my Ignore List. I try not to waste time on trolls.

Have a wonderful day.
And yet you can't answer .....who is stupid.....believe me I saw this before you even posted and searched several takes on the incident. None even touched the subject ..but they all extolled her as fine driver at previous level.... Maybe she is ....and maybe she isn't ...at the level up

BTW, here is a short video that shows (barely) how the accident started.

Forum List

Back