Hoping to create a new society, the Islamic State recruits entire families

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
These people sound like they all belong in a mental institution. Being extremists when it comes to their religion has really made them go bonkers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...fceec-8917-11e4-8ff4-fb93129c9c8b_story.html#

20141216_zaf_n44_0491418947330.jpg

Siddhartha Dhar, who fled Britain last month and joined the Islamic State, poses in Syria with his newborn child. (National News/via ZUMAPRESS.com)
By Kevin Sullivan and Karla Adam December 24
LONDON — Last month in Syria, Siddhartha Dhar stood in front of a banged-up yellow pickup truck, holding an assault rifle in his right hand and cradling his newborn son with his left.

Dhar’s first four children had been born in London, his native city, but his new baby, wrapped in a fuzzy brown onesie, was born in territory controlled by the Islamic State.

Someone snapped a photo of Dhar, 31, and he proudly tweeted it out as proof that he; his wife, Aisha; and their children had fled Britain and were now living in what the militants consider an Islamic caliphate that will one day reign over the world.

The arrival of the Dhar family in Syria last month represents a key strategic goal of the Islamic State: to build not just an army but a society. The group has vowed to create a nation ruled by Islamic sharia law, and its leaders and online recruiters have encouraged doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers and accountants to join them in building the institutions of a new holy land.

Entire families — fathers, mothers and children — have answered that call in numbers that have surprised and alarmed analysts who study the extremist group.

Continue reading at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ecruits-entire-families/2014/12/24/dbffceec-8

These people sound like they all belong in a mental institution. Being extremists when it comes to their religion has really made them go bonkers.

Siddhartha Dhar, who fled Britain last month and joined the Islamic State, poses in Syria with his newborn child. (National News/via ZUMAPRESS.com)
LONDON — Last month in Syria, Siddhartha Dhar stood in front of a banged-up yellow pickup truck, holding an assault rifle in his right hand and cradling his newborn son with his left.

Dhar’s first four children had been born in London, his native city, but his new baby, wrapped in a fuzzy brown onesie, was born in territory controlled by the Islamic State.

Someone snapped a photo of Dhar, 31, and he proudly tweeted it out as proof that he; his wife, Aisha; and their children had fled Britain and were now living in what the militants consider an Islamic caliphate that will one day reign over the world.

The arrival of the Dhar family in Syria last month represents a key strategic goal of the Islamic State: to build not just an army but a society. The group has vowed to create a nation ruled by Islamic sharia law, and its leaders and online recruiters have encouraged doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers and accountants to join them in building the institutions of a new holy land.

Entire families — fathers, mothers and children — have answered that call in numbers that have surprised and alarmed analysts who study the extremist group.

Continue reading at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ecruits-entire-families/2014/12/24/dbffceec-8

The part that bothers me is the kidnapping and rape of underraged girls. Taking advantage of teenagers by dividing them from their families. That's not community building but the opposite.

I have no problem with building the Kingdom of God the right way.
But abusing force, coersion, violence and rape, there's something wrong with that picture.

And yes it is taking advantage of unstable relations and people,
they want change and can see that something needs to change,
but this approach is not the final answer. The right answer is what is going to fix this mess;
this is the catalyst to force that change out in the open. It is begging the question by challenging the
REAL authority to step forward to create democratic self-government the right way, by civilized means
and education and empowerment, not abuse of force to demand or take over control.

Very sad if people are swept away by the hype, like the teen girls who ran away from home
and then abused for political propaganda, forced to marry and bear kids and separated from their families.

Continue reading at:

The part that bothers me is the kidnapping and rape of underraged girls. Taking advantage of teenagers by dividing them from their families. That's not community building but the opposite.

I have no problem with building the Kingdom of God the right way.
But abusing force, coersion, violence and rape, there's something wrong with that picture.

And yes it is taking advantage of unstable relations and people,
they want change and can see that something needs to change,
but this approach is not the final answer. The right answer is what is going to fix this mess;
this is the catalyst to force that change out in the open. It is begging the question by challenging the
REAL authority to step forward to create democratic self-government the right way, by civilized means
and education and empowerment, not abuse of force to demand or take over control.

Very sad if people are swept away by the hype, like the teen girls who ran away from home
and then abused for political propaganda, forced to marry and bear kids and separated from their families.

Yes, it is sad to see what is happening. This young girls are so gullible and don't know what they are in for. As far as the grown-up men taking their families, even little babies with them, is really disgusting.

Isis agents in London dispatching gullible teenage jihadi brides to Syria

Continue reading at:

Oh dear!! ....... :cool:

thing is that even though I see 'isis' and similar to be enemies they at least believe in what they are trying to achieve . Far , far different than most westerers that are only interested in the economy and the upcoming football game , video game , yada , yada . As far as the western girls joining up , well , they are girls after all .

thing is that even though I see 'isis' and similar to be enemies they at least believe in what they are trying to achieve . Far , far different than most westerers that are only interested in the economy and the upcoming football game , video game , yada , yada . As far as the western girls joining up , well , they are girls after all .

Yes and no. No, I don't think it is better to be focused on taking up arms and abusing force to commit genocide.
I'd rather people just try to live their lives and let others live, rather than compete to kill others for dominance.

I get your point, at least they have some driving vision beyond just the daily conveniences.
However, this drive is dangerously misguided! If it involves violence and abuse of force, that is worse.

if you are going to strive to change society, clearly you should have civil means and access to reform things democratically.

I'd rather have people wanting to go to school and get a job to work for their clothes and shoes, even if their goal
seems trivial like saving up 70.00 to buy fancy athletic brand shoes.

Rather than aspiring to kidnap and sell women and girls to fund militant armed takeovers of cities.

I'd rather have people start with a more civilized approached to finances and economics
rather than a violent one.

I think the best term for this is whether you live by
* Abundance mentality
* Scarcity mentality

The type of cutthroat competition that drives this combative and violence political conflict
is the "scarcity mentality" where you don't have faith that everyone's efforts can be rewarded and uplift the community
and economy equally.

It is basically false or twisted faith that you have to kill or be killed, clobber the next person before they clobber you.
That is not healthy and becomes self-destructive.

I don't think that is better. Sorry.

NEVER SAID THAT ITS BETTER , not saying that its better Emily . I'm just saying that that's the way that it is , imo of course . The westerner can say misguided all they like up to the moment that the westerner loses his / her head .

or taught to deliver a load of explosives and taught to detonate them Mr.H.. So , yeah , blowdered up I guess !!

Perhaps we can use them to colonize the Alpha Centauri system or something?

We can get the Australians to build the sleeper-ship...

S.S. Botany Bay?

Don't forget that there are those in the insane asylum who think they are actually some important person. They can believe all they want, but that doesn't make them any less mentally ill, the same type of mental illness which has happened to the ISIS gang who in their sick way think they are right and that Allah wants them to do what they are doing. At least the Westerners, whatever they concern themselves with, are not running around killing thousands and thousands of people in the name of their God.

agree but I guess that you have to convince 'isis' but I don't think that you can Sally .

agree but I guess that you have to convince 'isis' but I don't think that you can Sally .

I don't think you can convince mentally ill people with anything. They believe they are right and nothing will change their mind. The sad thing is that so many innocents will die before this is over, and this could go on for years if they keep on gaining more crazy recruits.

isis needs to be killed by somebody Sally , every last one of them . Personally I don't think that they are mentally ill . I think that they fight war the way war was fought before the west came up with rules for warfare . They don't follow western rules for warfare or anything else .

and that kid in swaddling clothes , think of the stuff that he'll learn from watching , practicing and just plain old experience . If he lives for awhile / till 20 he'll have been a he11 of a fighter for jihad plus he'll have many children that will grow up the same way he is going to grow up .

isis needs to be killed by somebody Sally , every last one of them . Personally I don't think that they are mentally ill . I think that they fight war the way war was fought before the west came up with rules for warfare . They don't follow western rules for warfare or anything else .

You're probably right about the way they are fighting. However, I still think that many of the people joining them are mentally ill. Why else would you see doctors, engineers, nurses, etc. leave their jobs to join up with these other crazies? It has to do with some strong religious duties that they feel they must accomplish to get this new Caliphate going great guns to take over the world for Islam.

I don't know if yer being sarcastic or wot Sunni Man , seems to me that Sally has it pretty much figured out . Some Muslims some of which are doctors , lawyers and other professions want to see a caliphate and why not when you look at it from their point of view . I want the USA as number 1 forever and some want the old caliphate and its glory days back . They don't like kowtowing to the west which includes Israel . This idea of money and jobs being the most important things in life is even alien to me and most older Americans that I know or who I have seen die off because of age Sally . Most of these older Americans were happy with adequate food , housing , and everything else [adequate was key] !! I remember my parents telling me that only whores and criminals will do anything for money and whores and criminals were looked down on by most people at that time . ---- jmo !!

Last edited:
so , with my attitude that money should be secondary to just having enough , am I mentally ill . Heck , even the Christian bible teaches that pursuit of wealth is not important . God takes care of the birds and other animal of the field and he'll take care of people [something like that in some bible verse] .

so , with my attitude that money should be secondary to just having enough , am I mentally ill . Heck , even the Christian bible teaches that pursuit of wealth is not important . God takes care of the birds and other animal of the field and he'll take care of people [something like that in some bible verse] .

I think it goes deeper than their wanting to see the old glory of the Caliphate (which certainly didn't include the Western Hemisphere). I feel part of it is that they want to see the entire planet being ruled by Muslims under Sharia Law. The old saying is that The Love of Money is the Root of All Evil. We can apply the love of money to Muslims too. Do you really think that the Muslims don't like the good things which money will buy? Look at the good times the Muslims, like those in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States, have with their money, including very, very expensive cars. However, that doesn't mean that many of them wouldn't like (as devout Muslims) to see a new Caliphate taking over the world.

Forum List

Back