Hope

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
My husband is a guitarist/singer, freelance, part time....plus works his ''real'' job...:)

last saturday, he had a gig at the town festival called river days....when he took a break from singing, and headed to get another bottle of water, he ran in to a mother and daughter heading in the same direction....(my husband is very outgoing...a ham all around too...people just love him)

the daughter who was about 20 years old, (the mother about his age), had a t-shirt on, that said HOPE....

(my husband is a lifelong registered republican, and me a lifelong democrat :eek: )

anyway, him being a republican....he wanted to find out what the HOPE on her t-shirt represented and if it was what he initially thought?

he was going to ask these ladies how that HOPEY CHANGEY thing was going for them?

he said he hesitated for a minute because right near us, there is a homeless shelter called HOPE...

(a really cool place...antique store/shelter/food bank....they own a few hundred acres on a beautiful lake...property had to have been donated to them....they have a wood mill and store that sells things, plus donations to keep them going....built a few log cabin homes so far....all the homeless men living there are taught to cut the trees and mill the lumber and build these cabins....they are fed and given shelter and eventually given a home, the women and some of the men and children staying there, work the store front, stock the shelves and garden and tend farm animals...they grow all their food and are taught how to can the fruit and veggies...just a cool cool cool place)

and if the HOPE on the t-shirt was about that place then he didn't want to bring up the obama hopey changey thing! hahahahaha!

anyway, he proceeds...and says, ''HOPE, what's the hope on your t-shirt stand for...?''

the mom and the girl both chime in with the same comment....''There is no hope, there is no hope for MANKIND!''

(i thought when he was telling me this, how sad that the mom taught such a young daughter that there is no hope for mankind...it took me decades of being blissfully ignorant before i thought even remotely what this girl was feeling at only 20)

so he said back to them...the optimist that he is....''of course there is hope for mankind....there is always hope!?''

they continued saying ''no there isn't, mankind has destroyed us, there is no hope of a future for us....'' all gloom and doom they were....

so my jokester husband says to them, ''Well....then i guess it's time for Womankind to take over!!!''

they both smiled and laughed and agreed with him!

(it was nice to see that they could be cheered up)

care

Without hope, why would people even want to continue with their lives?

If they are so hopeless for mankind, why are they even out in public? I would think holing up in their home, waiting for the "end times" would be more up their alley.

And true, if WOMEN ran the world, things would be a LOT better. :cool:

Without hope, why would people even want to continue with their lives?

If they are so hopeless for mankind, why are they even out in public? I would think holing up in their home, waiting for the "end times" would be more up their alley.

And true, if WOMEN ran the world, things would be a LOT better. :cool:

I thought they already did.

My husband is a guitarist/singer, freelance, part time....plus works his ''real'' job...:)

last saturday, he had a gig at the town festival called river days....when he took a break from singing, and headed to get another bottle of water, he ran in to a mother and daughter heading in the same direction....(my husband is very outgoing...a ham all around too...people just love him)

the daughter who was about 20 years old, (the mother about his age), had a t-shirt on, that said HOPE....

(my husband is a lifelong registered republican, and me a lifelong democrat :eek: )

anyway, him being a republican....he wanted to find out what the HOPE on her t-shirt represented and if it was what he initially thought?

he was going to ask these ladies how that HOPEY CHANGEY thing was going for them?

he said he hesitated for a minute because right near us, there is a homeless shelter called HOPE...

(a really cool place...antique store/shelter/food bank....they own a few hundred acres on a beautiful lake...property had to have been donated to them....they have a wood mill and store that sells things, plus donations to keep them going....built a few log cabin homes so far....all the homeless men living there are taught to cut the trees and mill the lumber and build these cabins....they are fed and given shelter and eventually given a home, the women and some of the men and children staying there, work the store front, stock the shelves and garden and tend farm animals...they grow all their food and are taught how to can the fruit and veggies...just a cool cool cool place)

and if the HOPE on the t-shirt was about that place then he didn't want to bring up the obama hopey changey thing! hahahahaha!

anyway, he proceeds...and says, ''HOPE, what's the hope on your t-shirt stand for...?''

the mom and the girl both chime in with the same comment....''There is no hope, there is no hope for MANKIND!''

(i thought when he was telling me this, how sad that the mom taught such a young daughter that there is no hope for mankind...it took me decades of being blissfully ignorant before i thought even remotely what this girl was feeling at only 20)

so he said back to them...the optimist that he is....''of course there is hope for mankind....there is always hope!?''

they continued saying ''no there isn't, mankind has destroyed us, there is no hope of a future for us....'' all gloom and doom they were....

so my jokester husband says to them, ''Well....then i guess it's time for Womankind to take over!!!''

they both smiled and laughed and agreed with him!

(it was nice to see that they could be cheered up)

care

You be nice to him. He sounds a keeper.

Matt said the mother and daughter did not bring up obama, so it was not political, for them...

and he said they did not bring up God or the end times either...so it was not religion.

just a bitch about mankind.

(of course, if i had been there, being the woman that can pull anything out of anyone, i would have gotten to the bottom of their hopelessness! :D)

I've pretty much given up on "Hope" and I'm hanging out to see if "Change" is going to be just as fucked up.

My father went through the Great Depression, fought in WWII and Korea, went bankrupt, went to jail, was married three times, had alcohol problems for a time and I could go on.

Yet he was the most hopeful man I ever knew.

No matter what life threw at him, he would smile and hope it would get better.

Some times it did, some times it did not.

But this man loved every moment of it.

Last edited:
Wow! Those two wimmen are so smart for knowing that there is no hope. I need some intellectual friends like them. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back