hope...Sheriff: Kidnap victim found alive 18 years later

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A woman who was 11 years old when she was abducted in 1991 on her way to school in South Lake Tahoe has been located alive and in good health, sheriff's officials said Thursday.

The woman walked into a San Francisco Bay area police station and said she was Jaycee Lee Dugard, a blond, ponytailed girl when she was abducted as she headed to a school bus stop 18 years ago, said sheriff's Lt. Les Lovell of the El Dorado Sheriff's Department.

"We're 99 percent sure it's her," Lovell said. He said DNA tests were being conducted. The woman appeared healthy. It was not immediately clear when she had surfaced at the station.

Sheriff: 1991 kidnap victim found alive - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Great ending to a tragic event but.... Liam Neeson got his daughter back in 72 hours.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIbrPnP5Gdk]YouTube - Taken - Liam Neeson throat attack[/ame]

Amazing story... even more amazing since I've been all over south Lake Tahoe. It's a pretty safe place. Tight community. Stuff like that just does not happen.

Hope they catch the perp.

lake tahoe was nice when i was there...except for someone running over and killing a biker....

had a really nice time there

Amazing story... even more amazing since I've been all over south Lake Tahoe. It's a pretty safe place. Tight community. Stuff like that just does not happen.

both were arrested and in jail......man and wife....dude was a convicted sex offender.....they all lived less than an hour from here......

both were arrested and in jail......man and wife....dude was a convicted sex offender.....they all lived less than an hour from here......

Wow... up by the Lake? What's happening with the girl?

I read this early, something seems wierd about the whole thing.
She is the same age as me, I would have probably left earlier or maybe she was scared to.

There is no such thing as a place where "this doesn't happen here". We're a mobile society, and abductors know it and capitalize on it.

Watch your kids. Teach them, at a young age, not to let people get within touching distance of them. Know where they are at all times.

Forum List

Back