Hope Rides Alone

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Hope Rides Alone
USA Sgt. Eddie Jeffers, USA (Iraq)
February 1, 2007

People like Cindy Sheehan are ignorant. Not just to this war, but to the results of their idiotic ramblings, or at least I hope they are. They don't realize its effects on this war. In this war, there are no Geneva Conventions, no cease fires. Medics and Chaplains are not spared from the enemy's brutality because it's against the rules. I can only imagine the horrors a military Chaplain would experience at the hands of the enemy.

The enemy slinks in the shadows and fights a coward’s war against us. It is effective though, as many men and women have died since the start of this war. And the memory of their service to America is tainted by the inconsiderate remarks on our nation's news outlets. And every day, the enemy changes...only now, the enemy is becoming something new. The enemy is transitioning from the Muslim extremists to Americans. The enemy is becoming the very people whom we defend with our lives. And they do not realize it. But in denouncing our actions, denouncing our leaders, denouncing the war we live and fight, they are isolating the military from society...and they are becoming our enemy.

Terrorists cut the heads off of American citizens on the internet...and there is no outrage, but an American soldier kills an Iraqi in the midst of battle, and there are investigations, and sometimes soldiers are even jailed...for doing their job.

It is absolutely sickening to me to think our country has come to this. Why are we so obsessed with the bad news? Why will people stop at nothing to be against this war, no matter how much evidence of the good we've done is thrown in their face? When is the last time CNN or MSNBC or CBS reported the opening of schools and hospitals in Iraq? Or the leaders of terror cells being detained or killed? It's all happening, but people will not let up their hatred of President Bush. They will ignore the good news, because it just might show people that Bush was right.

America has lost its will to fight. It has lost its will to defend what is right and just in the world. The crazy thing of it all is that the American people have not even been asked to sacrifice a single thing. It’s not like World War II, where people rationed food and turned in cars to be made into metal for tanks. The American people have not been asked to sacrifice anything. Unless you are in the military or the family member of a servicemember, its life as usual...the war doesn't affect you.

for full article:
http://www.newmediajournal.us/guest/e_jeffers/02012007.htm

Our downfall as a nation will be at the hands of our own liberals.

Exactly, especially those who are employed in the MSM and know how to use the power of the press to propel their agenda. The part of the soldier's letter highlighted in red in my original post is a very discerning comment.

It ceases to amaze me the lack of people’s capacity to discern for themselves.

Logic has no bearing anymore. People can not be responsible for their own thought patterns any longer and the media controls every opinion and judgement.

If that’s reality - we’re truly pathetic.:(

It ceases to amaze me the lack of people’s capacity to discern for themselves.

Logic has no bearing anymore. People can not be responsible for their own thought patterns any longer and the media controls every opinion and judgement.

If that’s reality - we’re truly pathetic.:(

I think that as a whole it's true---Americans HAVE become truly pathetic.

I think that as a whole it's true---Americans HAVE become truly pathetic.

and that's where we disagree. I think many Americans have awakened to what we hold precious and dear. At the same time, the naysayers like yourself and the MSM are shouting at them that all is lost, chuck it. You are wrong.

People can not be responsible for their own thought patterns any longer and the media controls every opinion and judgement. (

Sadly, I'll go along with that assessment, Darwin. Too many people today are too willing to let the media control their opinions and judgment on important issues. They are too willing to accept what they are told without making any efforts on their own to learn more about these issues.

Forum List

Back