Hope and Change Update- Dow Jones at 10,000

I'm amused when highly politically partisan people make generalized statements. They usually have no real arguments to make or anything of real value to add to the discussion.

Funny how that works

Last edited:
I'm amused when highly politically partisan people make generalized statements. They usually have no real arguments to make or anything of real value to add to the discussion.

Funny how that works
10,000?

Thats where it was nine years ago when the Republicans took control

Eight years later.........8000

Now THAT was change

Tell me about, did you see how the market fell right after Papa Obama got elected?
Two can play your stupid game.

The market was recovering nicely right up to Jan 19, 2010. Then after the polls closed and Scott Brown was declared the winner the market crashed. :eusa_whistle:

Market Stats for January 19, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

CLOSE NET CHANGE PERCENT CHANGE
DOW CLOSE 10725.43 +115.78 + 1.1

Brown elected

Market Stats for January 20, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DOW CLOSE 10603.15 -122.28 - 1.1

Market Stats for January 21, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010

DOW CLOSE 10389.88 -213.27 - 2.0

Market Stats for January 22, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010

DOW CLOSE 10172.98 -216.90 - 2.1

Market Stats for February 4, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010

DOW CLOSE 10002.18 -268.37 - 2.6

Last edited:
That's what I mean.

The market has gotten crushed since Scott Brown got elected, going down almost every single day. I've heard that as a legitimate reason - that the Republicans will slash and burn and delay everything since they have a vested interest in seeing the economy do poorly - but I don't buy it. However, highly partisan people will. Political people will always find some event as confirmation bias to support their view.

That's what I mean.

The market has gotten crushed since Scott Brown got elected, going down almost every single day. I've heard that as a legitimate reason - that the Republicans will slash and burn and delay everything since they have a vested interest in seeing the economy do poorly - but I don't buy it. However, highly partisan people will. Political people will always find some event as confirmation bias to support their view.
I loved how the CON$ were predicting a stock market boom if Brown was elected.

Here's a funny bit from Jon Stewart on Jim Cramer's prediction.
The Cramer segment is in the last 2 minutes:

Jon Stewart Nails Jim Cramer for His Scott Brown Market Prediction | Politicususa.com

Funny how that works
10,000?

Thats where it was nine years ago when the Republicans took control

Eight years later.........8000

Now THAT was change

Tell me about, did you see how the market fell right after Papa Obama got elected?

The market was recovering nicely right up to Jan 19, 2010. Then after the polls closed and Scott Brown was declared the winner the market crashed. :eusa_whistle:

Brown elected

Friday, January 22, 2010

Edthemathmajor

My investments are fine- thank GOD

Edthemathmajor, I am glad to see you are trying to spread your "skill set" beyond
your great understanding of US debt.
:eusa_whistle:

See:
Day After Obama Promises to Curb Spending-Dems Pass Largest Debt Increase in History

That's what I mean.

I see what you mean about partisan people

I'm amused when highly politically partisan people talk about the stock market. They usually don't know much.

Oh wait, you didn't mean yourself did you?

More good news:

World stocks hit by fears of debt crisis contagion - Yahoo! News

World stocks hit by fears of debt crisis contagion

By PAN PYLAS, AP Business Writer
24 mins ago

LONDON – World stocks tumbled again Friday as investors worried that the debt crisis enveloping Greece may spread to other vulnerable countries in Europe such as Portugal, and amid fears that jobs data later will show that the U.S. recovery is weaker than expected....

Funny how that works

Brown elected

Friday, January 22, 2010

Edthemathmajor

My investments are fine- thank GOD

Edthemathmajor, I am glad to see you are trying to spread your "skill set" beyond
your great understanding of US debt.

See:
Day After Obama Promises to Curb Spending-Dems Pass Largest Debt Increase in History
Thank you for the link that shows that my "skill set" includes the ability to calculate the TRUE yearly debt in spite of all of Bush's accounting TRICKS to hide it.

Last edited:
That's what I mean.

I'm amused when highly politically partisan people talk about the stock market. They usually don't know much.

Er, no.

Sorry about the comprehension problem.

That's what I mean.

Er, no.

Sorry about the comprehension problem.

You mean writing skills , unless you meant "highly politically partisan people" from both the left and right
:eusa_angel:

Seems like the Dow dropped below that 10,000 mark today.

But I truly don't blame any President, just their policies at times. I do believe the market would have gone up regardless of who was President. The speed of the recovery would be different though. I don't expect we'll see 14,000 this year.

Forum List

Back