"Hope" and "Change"???? Definitely "Change"... but not much "Hope"

Tell me how can an insurance company compete when the government can tell it how much it can charge and thatn it cannot put a cap on payments?
Guess they will have to cut CEO pay and not return such extraordinary profits at our expense for once! If the rules make it so that company X cannot make a profit, they should step aside and let others take that $$!

The whole concept of bringing insurance companies into the health care equation to 'lower costs' was moronic to begin with... <thanks Clintons> How does adding a second for profit entity LOWER costs????

The insurance companies pay lobbyists to further their agenda in DC, and this health care <obamacare MESS> is NOT it, so naturally the insurance companies HATE it, which to me, make me like it all that much more!
Insurance companies do NOT care one bit about you, me or anything else other than their profits, So if I were you, I'd not listen to them on the topic of your health care.

So here's an idea, make all insurance companies "non-profit".

I have USAA which is a non-profit insurance company (non medical) for military retirees and their dependents. It's more expensive than the cheapest insurance we can buy but, if they have profit at the end of the year, they send us a check back and almost all years, we've gotten checks.

When I die, my poor husband will have to look for other insurance....

But, where you and I differ is that I try to keep the government at a minimum.
So your ASSUMPTION here is that I want big government...
Because I'm arguing FOR the only proposal on the table to reform health care while I rail at the republicans for not offering an alternative plan! Right??? Now why would I care if the Republicans had an alternative or not, if I wanted the government to GROW?
If yopu want the democrat healthcare bill to pass...yeah, you want big government, don't admit it I don't care, but in your words you are for it. The republicans did put one on the table, but it isn't the 1000+ page that the dems offered. Hmmm....it takes that many pages to convolute and confuse...good strategy.
With just words or actual deeds? What was the last candidate you voted for that kept the government at a minimum?
I have to vote for the person who I see will do the least amount of damage, and it hasn't always been a republican.

You blame the republican not to have an alternative....they do, but just like you the democrats dismiss it ....no matter how good it would be, they and YOU would dismiss it.
So why even bother to DO THE JOB they are paid to do?!?!?!?!?!?! You can just sit back, BE LAZY, and say no one will listen to you anyway....
:lol: They don't do the job they're paid to do, that's my point, and why I like a government at a minimum....what agoofball. I write to my Senators, and congressman all the time....do you?
Putting politics BEFORE the country... how convenient... and typical...
When was the last time any party put the country ahead politics?

The same people that fund every frickin thing the government does? DUH.....
Just keep telling us that the dems have a better plan than the republicans.
I didn't say that you dishonest fuck... I said they have A PLAN and asked where the Republican plan was! Why it was not proposed in legislation for debate!
If you don't feel they have a good plan....why do you want it? Sounds like your being the disengenuous fuck.
I doubt you have a conservative bone in your pathetic body
I doubt you have an intelligent or honest one in yours...

I doubt a flaming liberal like yourself would understand that. :cuckoo:

I doubt a flaming liberal like yourself would understand that.

So can you support your ignorant arsed assumptions with something I've said here that defines me as such a liberal?

With just words or actual deeds? What was the last candidate you voted for that kept the government at a minimum?
I have to vote for the person who I see will do the least amount of damage, and it hasn't always been a republican.

Noticed the DODGE of the actual question... nice...

If yopu want the democrat healthcare bill to pass...yeah, you want big government, don't admit it I don't care, but in your words you are for it.

Other proposed health care reform options are???

NONE!

So while you may be happy with DO NOTHING about the problem, I'm not. I view it as the LAZY/EASY road... If that makes me a 'liberal' in your ignorant book, so be it! I'd rather do SOMETHING about a problem than DO NOTHING...

So if YOU voted for any president that won an election over the last 20 years, then you are also a 'flaming liberal' by your own definition, as you actually support GROWING the government!
Think about it... you liberal communist!

Last edited:
Tell me how can an insurance company compete when the government can tell it how much it can charge and thatn it cannot put a cap on payments?
Guess they will have to cut CEO pay and not return such extraordinary profits at our expense for once! If the rules make it so that company X cannot make a profit, they should step aside and let others take that $$!

The whole concept of bringing insurance companies into the health care equation to 'lower costs' was moronic to begin with... <thanks Clintons> How does adding a second for profit entity LOWER costs????

The insurance companies pay lobbyists to further their agenda in DC, and this health care <obamacare MESS> is NOT it, so naturally the insurance companies HATE it, which to me, make me like it all that much more!
Insurance companies do NOT care one bit about you, me or anything else other than their profits, So if I were you, I'd not listen to them on the topic of your health care.

CEO pay has absolutely nothing to do with it.

But keep spouting your partisan pap.

and it's not the insurance companies job to care about you. and guess what, it's not anyone's responsibility to care about you so go cry in a corner that no one cares or you can man up and take care of yourself instead of looking for the government to wipe your ass.

and I'm not listening to the insurance companies, i am listening to the shit heads in congress telling me that i have to pay for their insurance plan even if i don't use it

and i like how you dodged this question

The government health plan language if applied to Fed Ex would read, you can only charge X dollars per package no matter if the package weighs 1 onuce or 100 pounds and no matter if it goes next door or overnight to Japan.

And if the post office provided that service without charging you but instead levied a tax to cover the cost would fed ex be in business next year?

Highly doubtful

Do you still call that competition?

Last edited:
I doubt a flaming liberal like yourself would understand that.

So can you support your ignorant arsed assumptions with something I've said here that defines me as such a liberal?
You wanting a plan like this does not make you anything close to a conservative. But, with the takeover of the healthcare....your a flaming liberal alright...nothing less. :razz:

Noticed the DODGE of the actual question... nice.
Isn't America wonderful? Where I don't have to respond with an answer to someone like yourself. You have no idea how I voted, so don't assume.

If you want the democrat healthcare bill to pass...yeah, you want big government, don't admit it I don't care, but in your words you are for it.

NONE!

If the healthcare bill isn't a good one, then yes, "none" is the better of the two choices. Any nimrod could see that.

So while you may be happy with DO NOTHING about the problem, I'm not. I view it as the LAZY/EASY road... If that makes me a 'liberal' in your ignorant book, so be it! I'd rather do SOMETHING about a problem than DO NOTHING.I never said anything about "do nothing", you never asked what I would do, you just make an assumption that's how I feel. Once again, just a nimrod remark on your part. There are ways to make it right, like tax credits for those who actually "need and can't afford" healthcare. Tax credits for the insurance industry to offer healthcare for those who "need and can't afford" healthcare. Tort reform to help protect the Docors against frivolous lawsuits. More oversight over the industry from the government. But, not a government run healthcare,,,they can't do it...they can't do it with welfare, medicare, medicaid, or social security properly.

So if YOU voted for any president that won an election over the last 20 years, then you are also a 'flaming liberal' by your own definition, as you actually support GROWING the government!Think about it... you liberal communist!

I've already addressed this, you have no idea how I voted and it really takes an ignorant flaming liberal to assume otherwise. I laugh at the ignorant fuck to call me a communist. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
So payroll has NOTHING to do with cost of delivered goods in America???
ROTFLMAO!!!!! So PAYROLL is not part of the COSTS figured into the price of goods?
What planet are you from again? Seriously... Up until that statement, I was taking you seriously, now I think you are just a loon!
I know MANY people that had their jobs 'off shored' that would beg to differ with with your assessment there!

and it's not the insurance companies job to care about you. and guess what, it's not anyone's responsibility to care about you so go cry in a corner that no one cares or you can man up and take care of yourself instead of looking for the government to wipe your ass.
Speaking of partisan political pap... Hypocrite much? Did I say it was their job to care about me? NO! Funny thing is, they are not even paid to represent me! Now why would I expect them to care? I Don't! Now why do YOU trust them to make the right decisions for your personal health interests? Funny how you TRUST corporations, that have no interest in your well being at all to have the best solution, isn't it?
and I'm not listening to the insurance companies, i am listening to the shit heads in congress telling me that i have to pay for their insurance plan even if i don't use it
Now who is crying in a corner looking for a free ass wiping? Save me from big brother!!! OHH NOOO!!!

Seriously, do you listen to yourself? Costs do not effect price... You are a laugh a minute, next thing you know you will be telling me that private industry cannot compete with the federal government, while saying that no one does it better than private industry!

I've already addressed this, you have no idea how I voted and it really takes an ignorant flaming liberal to assume otherwise..

Good thing I did not assume anything then isn't it! note the phrase "So if YOU voted for any president", I did not assume you did...

I laugh at the ignorant fuck to call me a communist
Just borrowed YOUR assumptions and logic and applied it to you.

NONE!
If the healthcare bill isn't a good one, then yes, "none" is the better of the two choices. Any nimrod could see that.

So while you may be happy with DO NOTHING about the problem, I'm not. I view it as the LAZY/EASY road... If that makes me a 'liberal' in your ignorant book, so be it! I'd rather do SOMETHING about a problem than DO NOTHING.I never said anything about "do nothing"

So DO NOTHING is not the same as the none option?
Hey, you keep pitching them, I'm going to hit them...
you never asked what I would do, you just make an assumption that's how I feel. Once again, just a nimrod remark on your part
Learn to READ, I never assumed that is what you would do. I was stating my opinion on doing nothing vs doing something. Note the phrase "while you MAY be happy", it is NOT an assumption of your happiness on my part...NIMROD....

Last edited:
So payroll has NOTHING to do with cost of delivered goods in America???
ROTFLMAO!!!!! So PAYROLL is not part of the COSTS figured into the price of goods?
What planet are you from again? Seriously... Up until that statement, I was taking you seriously, now I think you are just a loon!
I know MANY people that had their jobs 'off shored' that would beg to differ with with your assessment there!

then prove your point and tell me how much every CEO of every insurance company made to prove that that one item is the major factor in the price of insurance.

Speaking of partisan political pap... Hypocrite much? Did I say it was their job to care about me? NO! Funny thing is, they are not even paid to represent me! Now why would I expect them to care? I Don't! Now why do YOU trust them to make the right decisions for your personal health interests? Funny how you TRUST corporations, that have no interest in your well being at all to have the best solution, isn't it?
[/quote]

No you were just whining that the insurance companies don't care. news flash. they don't. And don't think your elected officials care either. they only care about getting reelected.

gee remember the first bail out. Public opinion was 100 to one against it but your reps voted for it anyway. gee they bailed out those same CEOs that you say are the reason for all your woes.

Now who is crying in a corner looking for a free ass wiping? Save me from big brother!!! OHH NOOO!!!

So listening to what my good for nothing reps say is looking for an ass wiping. not wanting to pay the way for losers like you is looking for the government to take care of me?

Seriously, do you listen to yourself? Costs do not effect price... You are a laugh a minute, next thing you know you will be telling me that private industry cannot compete with the federal government, while saying that no one does it better than private industry!

Bonuses and salary paid to CEOs is a minuscule portion of the income of a big company.

the CEO of Blue Cross of Michigan earned 1.80million in 2008 compare that to the total revenue of the company of 21.2 billion and tell me that his pay was the one thing that made costs rise.

so salary that is .00085% of total revenue in just one state is the cause of the rising cost of health insurance in the state of Michigan.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20090309/FREE/903099943

http://www.bcbsm.com/pr/pr_03-02-2009_64617.shtml

Last edited:
Hey stupid, show me where I " praised the republican plan". What I presented was evidence that the republicans had a plan which directly countered dumbfucks argument that the republicans had no plan. Whether or not the plan has specifics in it or not is beside the point. Dumbfucks argument was Obama's plan,which he doesn't have but you people seem to think his plan and the democratic plan is one and the same. And maybe it is but the one doesn't resemble the other.

UH did you miss the FACT that you continue to try and talk the republican "plan" up when it is the exact same thing that you are criticizing about what you claim obama said? What you presented was an IDEA that was presented by republicans in lieu of a REAL plan.
Oh and I just love the FACT that you expose your hypocrisy again. Wasn't it you who said "The only thing I hear coming from his lips is more rhetorical BS and absolutely no specifics?" So for democrats you demand more, have a higher standard and apparently you don't feel the need to apply that same standard honestly and fairly to the republican "plan." LOL

I said they had a plan, which they do. How the fuck is that "talking it up"?

And yes I said that what you quoted me as saying and it's the truth. I never said the republicans had "plans to fix the problem". But dumbass stated Obama "has plans to fix the problems he talks about..." And that's when I correctly stated that Obama didn't lay out any specifics.

Please do try to keep up!

I'll try to type slower.

LOL You try to insult me and yet you are the one that can't keep up. You are criticizing obama based on your claim about how "The only thing I hear coming from his lips is more rhetorical BS and absolutely no specifics." and then you are ignoring the FACT that the republican "plan" is nothing but "rhetorical BS and absolutely no specifics." as you continue to talk about how they have a plan. That is blatant HYPOCRISY. IF you are going to be critical of one then you have to be critical of the other. Unless you like exposing yourself as a hypocrite?

This post of yours is nothing but a lame attempt to spin and CYA. Sorry, but it won't work and it won't change the fact that you are being hypocritical.

I see so Obama himself doesn't have a plan. which you said he did. So I guess that makes you a liar.

The bill the democrats are trying to push doesn't even remotely resemble what Obama spoke about in his latest press conference. Remember Obama said, "I want to be very clear: I will not sign on to any health plan that adds to our deficits over the next decade,". Well the plan the democrats are pushing will in fact add to the deficit according to the Congressional Budget Office when it reported that the overall cost of the House bill would "result in a net increase in the federal budget deficit of $239 billion over the 2010-2019 period."

Obama promised: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

Well again the CBO disagrees. According to their analysis, bill would enable 39 million Americans to obtain health insurance, the plan would kick about 15 million people out of the system because their employers would no longer offer insurance, and coverage from other sources would decline by 8 million.

So there's two examples of of the differences in what Obama invisions and what the democrats or putting forth.

LOL That's hilarious. You claim that they are NOTHING alike and then provide two aspects where you claim that they differ and believe that proves your point.

BTW your second point is a load of hogwash. If your employer drops your insurance and then you have to switch doctors based on what your employer CHOSE to do then how is that a requirement of obama's plan?? He clearly states that his plan would not require you to switch doctors and it wouldn't.

Hogwash?? pardon me if I take the CBO's word over yours.

And yes two examples where Obama and the democrats are obviosly not looking at the same proposal.

Oh look, once again you show that you can't keep up. LOL

Obama was talking about a REQUIRMENT to switch doctors and how there is none under his plan. Your employer CHOOSING to drop your coverage has NOTHING to do with what obama said. How hard is that to understand??

Forum List

Back