Hoover said what!!!

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
"We must fight again for a government founded on individual liberty and opportunity that was the American vision. If we lose we will continue down this New Deal to some sort of personal government based on collectivist theories. Under these ideas ours can become some sort of fascist government"

Interesting, a republican that is fighting for individualism and all rights associated with that.

• Banned
Odd quote, coming from the man whose central authoritarian monetary tinkering and meddling turned a recession into depression.

That is true but he did say that and perhaps it was an observation that could be made at the time about the current people in power.

Did you notice that he used the term "personal government"?

Last edited:
Odd quote, coming from the man whose central authoritarian monetary tinkering and meddling turned a recession into depression.

I wouldn't say odd. He was trying to save his reputation the same way George W. Bush is trying to save his now coming out for limited government and fiscal responsibility.

• Banned

I wouldn't say odd. He was trying to save his reputation the same way George W. Bush is trying to save his now coming out for limited government and fiscal responsibility.

Probably. Its easier to criticize when you are no longer in office but at least he said it and it is far different than what many FDR supporters said at the time.

Probably. Its easier to criticize when you are no longer in office but at least he said it and it is far different than what many FDR supporters said at the time.

What he said means nothing. What he did is what matters, and what he did was make the Great Depression great.

Forum List

Back