Honorably Discharged Soldier Called Back for Duty Plans to Bring Kids

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
DAVIDSON, N.C. — When Lisa Pagan reports for duty Sunday, four long years after she was honorably discharged from the Army, she'll arrive with more than her old uniform. She's bringing her kids, too.

"I have to bring them with me," she said. "I don't have a choice."

Pagan is among thousands of former service members who have left active duty since the Sept. 11 attacks, only to later receive orders to return to service. They're not in training, they're not getting a Defense Department salary, but as long as they have time left on their original enlistment contracts, they're on "individual ready reserve" status— eligible to be recalled at any time.

FOXNews.com - Honorably Discharged Soldier Called Back for Duty Plans to Bring Kids - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Oh great. obama's making the children go to war. wtf?

DAVIDSON, N.C. — When Lisa Pagan reports for duty Sunday, four long years after she was honorably discharged from the Army, she'll arrive with more than her old uniform. She's bringing her kids, too.

"I have to bring them with me," she said. "I don't have a choice."

Pagan is among thousands of former service members who have left active duty since the Sept. 11 attacks, only to later receive orders to return to service. They're not in training, they're not getting a Defense Department salary, but as long as they have time left on their original enlistment contracts, they're on "individual ready reserve" status— eligible to be recalled at any time.

FOXNews.com - Honorably Discharged Soldier Called Back for Duty Plans to Bring Kids - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Oh great. obama's making the children go to war. wtf?

Guess what? When you sign DD Form 4, agreement to Enlist/Reenlist, you agree to serve a minimum obligation to the US military for 8 years. It is explained to you in 1st grade terms. It was 6 years when I joined.

You have your active duty time, then the rest is inactive reserve.

Just as I am so-called "retired." My pay is called retainer pay. I am subject to recall.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm just bilking the taxpayers.:eusa_whistle:

I feel bad for her, but find her desire to welch on her agreement to be wrong. If you make a commitment, plan on keeping it. How hard is that for this generation to understand?

Too bad her name isn't Henrietta Hughes. Not only would she be able to stay at home with her kids, but she'd get a new house, too!

Forum List

Back