Honk If You’re Paying My Mortgage

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
‘Honk If You’re Paying My Mortgage’: Stimulus Backlash Hits Bumpers

$dev_mortgagehonk_D_20090303145030.jpg

Tennessee’s Republican Party is trying to tap into the resentment that some Americans are feeling about the Obama administration’s foreclosure prevention program.

Thursday, the Nashville-based organization began selling bumper stickers reading “HONK If you’re paying my mortgage.” In five days more than 4,000 have been purchased, according to Bill Hobbs, the party’s spokesman. He said that this beats the 3,500 stickers the party sold last fall that read YOUR WALLET The only place Democrats want to drill.

“It was the right time, given all the backlash in the public to the mortgage bailout,” he said.

The Los Angeles Times’s L.A Land blogger wonders why the slogan isn’t “HONK If I’m paying your mortgage?” Mr. Hobbs said there are two reasons: It would be rude to call the drivers behind you a “deadbeat,” and the party wanted readers to think about being forced to pay other people’s mortgages.

Mr. Hobbs said the party sensed a growing sentiment, particularly after CNBC reporter Rick Santelli’s Feb. 19 rant against the plan on the floor of the CME Group in Chicago, which has made the rounds online.

Dubbed the “Tea Party,” it has sparked a grassroots effort decrying the President’s stimulus plan. At a Nashville “tea party” protest against the stimulus on Friday, 300 stickers were snapped up.

They sell for $5 bucks a pop, or $12 for 3. The money, nearly $10,000 so far, supports the party. “This is not a huge fundraiser for us,” Mr. Hobbs said. But “this is politics, so every dollar helps.”

Developments : 'Honk If You're Paying My Mortgage': Stimulus Backlash Hits Bumpers

Sacramento Tea Party - Tax Day - April 15th 2009

Stand Up For Your Rights Before You Have None!!
taxdayteaparty.com

If they take away some form of our freedom and no one stands up, then it will be easier to take the next, and then the next until we have no freedom.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

Funny - but also very scary, because while humorous, it paints a very clear picture of just how far we have come in so little time in crippling this nation's economy...

taxdayteaparty.com

If they take away some form of our freedom and no one stands up, then it will be easier to take the next, and then the next until we have no freedom.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

TaxDayTeaParty.com to find the one nearest you or to help start one near you.

taxdayteaparty.com

TaxDayTeaParty.com to find the one nearest you or to help start one near you.

Thanks for the link!

Forum List

Back