Honest Questions For Religious Conservatives About LBGT

So, you are actively working to get PA laws repealed, right? Signed petitions? Joined lobby organizations? Donated money to such organizations?
Look, this is an opinion forum. Didn't earlier you say that someone could be denied service if it was political?
I said that no state's PA law includes political beliefs. Race, yes....religion, yes....sexual orientation in some states, yes. Nothing about political beliefs. Look it up if you don't believe me.
So if a black guy comes in wearing an Obama shirt I could refuse him service because of politics?
Yes .
Well then the baker should say now the couple was liberal, so I don't want to bake them the cake.
Actually, the baker was incredibly ignorant of his state PA laws...he could have given all sorts of excuses but he jumped in and went full retard over them being gay and that's why he was refusing to serve them.

I'm liberal more than anything else, but I like to reach out and try to understand the POV of conservatives so I don't think y'all are one big lump.

In light of the White House's directive reversing anti-discrimination employment rules for gay folks, I was hoping some religious conservatives could help me understand by answering a few questions. (Or, since I know this site, call me an idiotic libturd who hates America.)

1. I understand that the Bible says homosexual sex is a sin, but what about other sins like lying, adultery, or re-marrying? Would you refuse to hire someone who had violated the Commandments?

2. It seems to me that Christ spent most of his time with sinners. How do you reconcile forgiveness and love that Jesus preached with wanting to keep your work free from sinners?

3. Do you feel that hiring someone gay violates your faith? If so, why?

(NOTE: I am not addressing the whole "gay wedding cake" clusterfuck. This is about supporting the White House saying employers can fire or refuse to hire someone based on religion.)

As usual, I'll give respect when respect is shown. Thanks!

Religion is an excuse to justify their hatred . These people don't care about the Bible ! They are fake religious . The Bible says tattoos are a sin. Is there an uproar over tattooed people !? No.

Old Testament Jewish law, just like eating shellfish. Never applied to the Gentiles

Perhsps YOU should actually learn the Bible before trying to use it

Since when is the Old Testament not part of Christianity ?

Thanks for proving what fakes you are . One day you want the 10 commandments everywhere, the next day the old testament doesn't count ?! Lol. Phony Christians .

It's the old covenant...the new covenant fulfills the old and supersedes a lot of the old customs and laws. If you read the books of Moses...all those offering are replace by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The unclean beasts...Jesus says in the New Testament that "it's not what goes into the mouth that makes man unclean, but what comes out of the mouth"...wiping away the dietary laws. But when asked what one must do to enter the Kingdom of Heaven...Jesus' very first reply is "Do you keep the commandments?".

I'll add some links directly.

"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

Matthew 19:17

It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean."

Matthew 15:11

As to tattoos...here is an article that may help you understand, if you are interested:

Is my TATTOO a sin? » Reasons for Hope* Jesus

The directive condemning homosexuality is another, like the 10 Commandments, that is reinforced in the New Testament.

Romans 1:26-27, First Corinthians 6:9, First Timothy 1:9-10
"supercedes a lot of the old customs and laws"

Which ones does it supercede and which ones does it not supercede?

I see a convenient little out for you there.......

Look, this is an opinion forum. Didn't earlier you say that someone could be denied service if it was political?
I said that no state's PA law includes political beliefs. Race, yes....religion, yes....sexual orientation in some states, yes. Nothing about political beliefs. Look it up if you don't believe me.
So if a black guy comes in wearing an Obama shirt I could refuse him service because of politics?
Yes .
Well then the baker should say now the couple was liberal, so I don't want to bake them the cake.
Actually, the baker was incredibly ignorant of his state PA laws...he could have given all sorts of excuses but he jumped in and went full retard over them being gay and that's why he was refusing to serve them.
Well he should know now.

Yes .
Well he should know now.
But he was stupidly honest, wasn't he?

Yes .
Well he should know now.
I guess so, but with liberals making up the rules as you go along.

Yes .
Well he should know now.
They could have been just as honest saying that they didn't agree with their political leanings but it was probably just the bakers turn to take a stance.

I'm liberal more than anything else, but I like to reach out and try to understand the POV of conservatives so I don't think y'all are one big lump.

In light of the White House's directive reversing anti-discrimination employment rules for gay folks, I was hoping some religious conservatives could help me understand by answering a few questions. (Or, since I know this site, call me an idiotic libturd who hates America.)

1. I understand that the Bible says homosexual sex is a sin, but what about other sins like lying, adultery, or re-marrying? Would you refuse to hire someone who had violated the Commandments?

2. It seems to me that Christ spent most of his time with sinners. How do you reconcile forgiveness and love that Jesus preached with wanting to keep your work free from sinners?

(NOTE: I am not addressing the whole "gay wedding cake" clusterfuck. This is about supporting the White House saying employers can fire or refuse to hire someone based on religion.)

Religion is an excuse to justify their hatred . These people don't care about the Bible ! They are fake religious . The Bible says tattoos are a sin. Is there an uproar over tattooed people !? No.

Old Testament Jewish law, just like eating shellfish. Never applied to the Gentiles

Thanks for proving what fakes you are . One day you want the 10 commandments everywhere, the next day the old testament doesn't count ?! Lol. Phony Christians .

It's the old covenant...the new covenant fulfills the old and supersedes a lot of the old customs and laws. If you read the books of Moses...all those offering are replace by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The unclean beasts...Jesus says in the New Testament that "it's not what goes into the mouth that makes man unclean, but what comes out of the mouth"...wiping away the dietary laws. But when asked what one must do to enter the Kingdom of Heaven...Jesus' very first reply is "Do you keep the commandments?".

"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean."

As to tattoos...here is an article that may help you understand, if you are interested:

The directive condemning homosexuality is another, like the 10 Commandments, that is reinforced in the New Testament.

Well, I don't have a tattoo, if that's what your asking.

Jesus said, when asked about marriage "Have you not read He Who made them in the beginning made them man and woman? It is written 'for this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one"

Matthew 19:5-6.

Not much room for discussion there. Couple that with the New Testament reiteration of the condemnation of homosexuality, and the case becomes ironclad. No "out" available.

Like I said . Bunch of fake Christians with their al e carte religion . "Hmmm I'll take some homophobia and a side of anti Semitism "

Jesus would spit in their faces .

Why don't you actually study up on it instead of blabbeting away like Timmy and looking like an utter fool.

You two are child's play

Like I said . Bunch of fake Christians with their al e carte religion . "Hmmm I'll take some homophobia and a side of anti Semitism "

I gave you the direct quotes straight from the Source...and directly from Jesus' mouth.

They contradict your position.

Jesus said, when asked about marriage "Have you not read He Who made them in the beginning made them man and woman? It is written 'for this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one"

Not much room for discussion there. Couple that with the New Testament reiteration of the condemnation of homosexuality, and the case becomes ironclad. No "out" available.

Actually Matt 19 5-6 was Jesus being asked about divorce . Which is really clear as you say .

Funny , I don't recall these bakers refusing to sell cakes to any divorced people . Because this "its my religion" claim is BS .

I gave you the direct quotes straight from the Source...and directly from Jesus' mouth.

No they don't . My point is people pick n choose what they want to follow . Your point is that the Old Testament doesn't mean anything . Which is BS by the way because right wingers are always bringing Old Testament.

Actually Matt 19 5-6 was Jesus being asked about divorce . Which is really clear as you say .

Funny , I don't recall these bakers refusing to sell cakes to any divorced people . Because this "its my religion" claim is BS .
Yes...the question is about divorce...but Jesus' response is clear, referencing the Old Testament law, that marriage is between a man and a woman.

We don't know about the bakers. If it came up, perhaps they would refuse. Two dudes on top of the cake is likely always going to come up. Had it not, the cake would have been made and no one would have been the wiser.

No they don't . My point is people pick n choose what they want to follow . Your point is that the Old Testament doesn't mean anything . Which is BS by the way because right wingers are always bringing Old Testament.

Covenants vs Testaments....learn the difference before trying to engage someone on them

Really? Can you give me an example of the Old Testament that right wingers bring up...cuz I can't think of any that would be germane to any political dicussion.

The fact is, it is exactly the opposite...you can't pick and choose. If I believed shellfish or tattoos would keep me out of heaven, I wouldn't partake in either. I like Bodecea. I treat her with nothing but respect, and have even defended her at times. It pains me to hurt her and others...but...you either believe the Bible or you don't. I believe it is the inspired word of God. I have no choice when an edict is as clear cut as the sinfulness of the homosexual lifestyle.

I'll be back on later tonight. Work time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back