Honest question about religions.

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
I was raised in a Christian family but it's been more than 30 years since I've gone on a regular basis. Thus, I don't know a lot about it. My question is, what do Christians think about other religions? Is the other 1/2 or 2/3's of the world "wrong"? Do they go to hell when they die? Are their Gods make believe? Are the followers brainwashed? What do they think of Christianity?

If you ask me, yes, I believe. I don't believe quite what everyone else does, but I believe in something higher. A little bit of faith, a little bit of science, a little bit of intelligent design. Call me crazy, but that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

It's spelled out here:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

Christians believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation, so everyone else is going to Hell.

Interesting.

Let me go entirely off recall w/o using the internets.

The Christian family is made up of all types from the more lenient non denominationals to the more stringent types so I suppose it matters who you are speaking about.

My Catholic schooling was pretty muddled concerning the other Christian religions and I thought the Bible pretty clear on non-baptized folks going to hell if they were exposed to the word of God and chose not to believe. The actions of modern Popes lead me to believe what my instructors would say, Good folks of all religions don't go to hell. Maybe Purgatory where who knows what the rules are.

Under this arrangement I would rather be a Sun worshiper in Purgatory than a Catholic who purposely slept through mass then died in a car accident and went to hell.

(disclaimer, I'm not the most religious of fellas myself so don't blame me for what priests or popes do)

The requirement is that you have been taught about the word and chose not to follow. Then you are condemned. If you have not been taught then you will not be condemned but rather given a chance to learn and choose.

I do believe in God and I go to church on a somewhat regular basis. I am still a bit in awe of the whole concept of religion. It seems that every major religion in the world makes the claim that if you don't believe in what they believe in, or specifically believe in the same "God" as they do, then you will most certainly go to hell. It's going to be rather interesting to find out the honest to God truth after I die.

I do believe in God and I go to church on a somewhat regular basis. I am still a bit in awe of the whole concept of religion. It seems that every major religion in the world makes the claim that if you don't believe in what they believe in, or specifically believe in the same "God" as they do, then you will most certainly go to hell. It's going to be rather interesting to find out the honest to God truth after I die.

You won't find out when you die, but rather when Judgement day comes.

You won't find out when you die, but rather when Judgement day comes.

True.

Do you ever find it strange that man is created ignorant in this life yet he is suppose to get all the answers in the next life where the knowledge is totally useless??

I mean, what good is it to you in the aftelife if the information was needed in this life? How would you be able to tell what is true or false in the sense of actuall knowledge.

Also, is it not true that belief is based in ignorance?

Much of the world is wrong. What's the big deal? Every person on earth misunderstands something or believes something that is incorrect. There isnt a single person alive who know everything and knows it perfectly. And one of the greatest things about life is that we can and do learn (Although some are significantly slower at learning than others).

Why is religion any different? Why should we be offended if someone believes they are right and we are wrong? Everyone is wrong about something. The key question is are we willing to continually listen and evaluate different ideas or we we stop ourselves from ever learning?

I think that the Lord is alot more merciful than much of the world gives Him credit for, and also much more Just than the rest of the world does.

I also think that alot of people are wrong about God. Im sure there are things i dont understand correctly about God. It doesnt negate what I do understand, but there is an infinite amount of knowledge in the Universe. There are alot of Christians who are totally misguided. But they have some basics right. There are lots of people from lots of different religions that are totally misguided, but they might have some basics right too.

God judges us according to what we know and could have known with due dilligence. He judges us by our works, our thoughts, and our words. He judges us by the desires of our heart and by who we have become.

The Eternal judgment comes at the Resurrection. And who knows who we will be after our lives are complete and we've reached that point? So how on earth do we know anything about our state in the next life except through the Holy Spirit and faith?

Do you ever find it strange that man is created ignorant in this life yet he is suppose to get all the answers in the next life where the knowledge is totally useless??

I mean, what good is it to you in the aftelife if the information was needed in this life? How would you be able to tell what is true or false in the sense of actuall knowledge.

Also, is it not true that belief is based in ignorance?

And who says you cant get the answers in this life?

Why dont you ask Him now?

I was raised in a Christian family but it's been more than 30 years since I've gone on a regular basis. Thus, I don't know a lot about it. My question is, what do Christians think about other religions? Is the other 1/2 or 2/3's of the world "wrong"? Do they go to hell when they die? Are their Gods make believe? Are the followers brainwashed? What do they think of Christianity?

If you ask me, yes, I believe. I don't believe quite what everyone else does, but I believe in something higher. A little bit of faith, a little bit of science, a little bit of intelligent design. Call me crazy, but that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

There's no one unified Christian responce to ANY of those questions you've asked. Personally I find Christianity as a whole as much of a mess as the rest of the World's religions. Yahshuah didn't teach religion he taught faith in Yah the Most High. I don't know who "goes to Hell", I will say from my perspective there's as many "christians" going to Hell as there are "non-christians" and probably alot more "non-christians" going to Heaven then christians may expect.

I will also say I'm an annihalationist as I don't believe in an "eternal fire" Hell. Hell from my interpretation of scripture is simply eternal death, rather then conscious torture... but I guess we'll all find out eventually... huh?

As for other religions, alot of "religions" out there focus on worship of creatures and things I call demons or fallen angels. I've done alot of research on fallen angels, demons, etc over the past few years. It seems alot of early civilizations such as Babylon and Assyria, and even many Native Americans and oriental cultures around the same time believed that (and I'm not joking lol) fallen lizard people from space created human beings and visited them from time to time.

Seems kind of odd, but most creation stories outside of the Bible are very similar across the globe. I don't doubt the existence of these creatures either, I personally believe they are demons. Kind of funny how now-a-days more and more so-called intellectuals are beginning to believe that humans were created by aliens. Well not funny... weird.

There's no one unified Christian responce to ANY of those questions you've asked. Personally I find Christianity as a whole as much of a mess as the rest of the World's religions. Yahshuah didn't teach religion he taught faith in Yah the Most High. I don't know who "goes to Hell", I will say from my perspective there's as many "christians" going to Hell as there are "non-christians" and probably alot more "non-christians" going to Heaven then christians may expect.

I will also say I'm an annihalationist as I don't believe in an "eternal fire" Hell. Hell from my interpretation of scripture is simply eternal death, rather then conscious torture... but I guess we'll all find out eventually... huh?

As for other religions, alot of "religions" out there focus on worship of creatures and things I call demons or fallen angels. I've done alot of research on fallen angels, demons, etc over the past few years. It seems alot of early civilizations such as Babylon and Assyria, and even many Native Americans and oriental cultures around the same time believed that (and I'm not joking lol) fallen lizard people from space created human beings and visited them from time to time.

Seems kind of odd, but most creation stories outside of the Bible are very similar across the globe. I don't doubt the existence of these creatures either, I personally believe they are demons. Kind of funny how now-a-days more and more so-called intellectuals are beginning to believe that humans were created by aliens. Well not funny... weird.

Forum List

Back