Honduras did not have a Coup.

As coups go, this was a pretty benign one.

30 years ago, the military in Honduras would have slaughtered the President, his wife, his kids, his dog, all his close confidants, and 1000 of his supporters and their wives and children. This time, they gave him the option of house arrest or going to Costa Rica. That's progress.

Can someone please try to overthrow me? I'd love to go to Costa Rica.

Honduran Military Ousts President During Pre-Dawn Siege - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Christ, even the hacks over at FOX NEWS broke the details right.

Where do you people get your information? Do you have a beetle in an old match box and he lies on his back when it's going to rain?
so, could you kindly tell me what your ranting about, cause i dont get it?

It's ok not to get it. Maybe one of the smart kids will help you get on the bus.
well, it sure wouldnt be you then

well, it sure wouldnt be you then

I don't play. I quit school on account of recess.
well, you have been the only one ranting about fox news in this thread, and you went and proved they got it right

so, why are you still in rant mode?
it makes ZERO sense
you should be statisfied

Run along now, the bus is blowing the horn. Don't make me have to paddle you in front of the big boys and girls.

I don't play. I quit school on account of recess.
well, you have been the only one ranting about fox news in this thread, and you went and proved they got it right

it makes ZERO sense
you should be statisfied

Run along now, the bus is blowing the horn. Don't make me have to paddle you in front of the big boys and girls.
ah, this is your exmple of what it is to be a troll, eh?

stop being an asshole for a change
you fucked up and you know it

it makes ZERO sense
you should be statisfied

Like I said, see if you can get one of the smart kids to help you.

Like I said, see if you can get one of the smart kids to help you.
yeah, YOU act like something was wrong with the way the story was reported only to find out there was nothing wrong, yet its MY fault you are a fucking idiot

fuck off asshole

Well, it was an extra constitutional removal from office. But pretty much all Honduras seems to have the attitude of "good riddance to bad rubbish." That he was determined to evade constitutional niceties himself really is not an excuse to do that to him.

Whatever the legal standing is to remove or not remove, the people in here claiming that the media missed or covered up the story are full of crap. If you missed the story, it's because you weren't paying attention.

Whatever the legal standing is to remove or not remove, the people in here claiming that the media missed or covered up the story are full of crap. If you missed the story, it's because you weren't paying attention.
but the only one that ever claimed ANY media missed the story was YOU claiming Fox News missed it

but the only one that ever claimed ANY media missed the story was YOU claiming Fox News missed it

She's just saying that she doesn't understand why others [the OP, or editec, I dunno if others] were saying that the fact that the coup was green-lighted by the supreme court wasn't reported, even though it was.

Any which way, it is unconstitutional for the Honduran government or military to forcibly expel a Honduran citizen, which is why this is a blatant coup regardless of what the military or government says. If he had done something illegal, he should've been put in jail. End of story. The entire country is now under virtual marshal law, curfew's at 6PM, a protester was killed today, HUNDREDS of thousands have been demonstrating on the street. The Honduran government is making blatantly false accusations of Nicaraguan army "massing" at the border, and all sorts of idiotic shit is going on, and it is all because the Honduran military and new government are obviously a bunch of complete retards.

Just today on CNN [En Español] the government was simultanously claiming they had "ordered him arrested" and that he wouldn't be allowed to return. How can you fucking arrest him if you don't let him return? I'm sorry, but for all of us down here in Latin America, especially in Central America, this is more bizarre and twisted than Wonderland. It's a fucking circus. :cuckoo:

She's just saying that she doesn't understand why others [the OP, or editec, I dunno if others] were saying that the fact that the coup was green-lighted by the supreme court wasn't reported, even though it was.

Any which way, it is unconstitutional for the Honduran government or military to forcibly expel a Honduran citizen, which is why this is a blatant coup regardless of what the military or government says. If he had done something illegal, he should've been put in jail. End of story. The entire country is now under virtual marshal law, curfew's at 6PM, a protester was killed today, HUNDREDS of thousands have been demonstrating on the street. The Honduran government is making blatantly false accusations of Nicaraguan army "massing" at the border, and all sorts of idiotic shit is going on, and it is all because the Honduran military and new government are obviously a bunch of complete retards.

Just today on CNN [En Español] the government was simultanously claiming they had "ordered him arrested" and that he wouldn't be allowed to return. How can you fucking arrest him if you don't let him return? I'm sorry, but for all of us down here in Latin America, especially in Central America, this is more bizarre and twisted than Wonderland. It's a fucking circus. :cuckoo:
did you know that Chavez has said he would invade and return the guy to power
that might be why the legal Honduran government is a bit on edge

I heard what he said, and that's not what he said. What Chavez said was that if the Venezuelan Ambassador was kidnapped or killed or if the Venezuelan Embassy was occupied, they would consider it an act of war and respond militarily. If you think that's belligerence, think about what would happen to a country that killed the US Ambassador and occupied the embassy. You people would be screaming for blood.

I heard what he said, and that's not what he said. What Chavez said was that if the Venezuelan Ambassador was kidnapped or killed or if the Venezuelan Embassy was occupied, they would consider it an act of war and respond militarily. If you think that's belligerence, think about what would happen to a country that killed the US Ambassador and occupied the embassy. You people would be screaming for blood.
i dont have to imagine
it happened in 1979

Reuters said:
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Sunday put troops on alert after a coup in Honduras and said he would respond militarily if his envoy to the Central American country was kidnapped or killed.

Chavez said Honduran soldiers took away the Cuban ambassador and left the Venezuelan ambassador on the side of a road after beating him during the army's coup against his leftist ally, Honduran President Manuel Zelaya.

The Honduran army ousted Zelaya and exiled him in Central America's first military coup since the Cold War, after he upset the army by trying to win re-election.

Chavez said on state television if his ambassador to Venezuela was killed, or if troops entered the Venezuelan Embassy, "that military junta would be entering a de facto state of war. We would have to act militarily ... I have put the armed forces of Venezuela on alert."

Yeah... He said if the Ambassador was killed or the Embassy taken over he'd take military action. We know he won`t do it because the government isn't going to start killing Ambassadors, unless they're even MORE idiotic than they already seem.

Last edited:
Reuters said:
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Sunday put troops on alert after a coup in Honduras and said he would respond militarily if his envoy to the Central American country was kidnapped or killed.

Chavez said Honduran soldiers took away the Cuban ambassador and left the Venezuelan ambassador on the side of a road after beating him during the army's coup against his leftist ally, Honduran President Manuel Zelaya.

The Honduran army ousted Zelaya and exiled him in Central America's first military coup since the Cold War, after he upset the army by trying to win re-election.

Chavez said on state television if his ambassador to Venezuela was killed, or if troops entered the Venezuelan Embassy, "that military junta would be entering a de facto state of war. We would have to act militarily ... I have put the armed forces of Venezuela on alert."

Yeah... He said if the Ambassador was killed or the Embassy taken over he'd take military action. We know he won`t do it because the government isn't going to start killing Ambassadors, unless they're even MORE idiotic than they already seem.
again, if you actually believe his claims

I guess this ends the Chomsky-Leftest myth that the CIA caused all of Latin America's troubles even before there was a CIA or a Bolivar.

This continent has had unresolved class issues and trouble understanding constitutional law since its birth.

This is the legacy of Spain and the autocratic blood tribes Spain conquered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back