Honduras did not have a Coup.

No dip shit, she said clearly that I was correct.

There have been no demands made.

There is no tap dancing around it, you're officially ignored. You are not capable of recognizing reality.
yeah, so
no acceptable solution to the ouster of the president of Honduras other than returning him to power.
isnt a demand?
only in your pathetic moronic fucking stupid mind

Last edited:
That is the only point I have contested to Divecon. She keeps on posting what the Whitehouse has said to the press, what the Whitehouse believes, and what the Whitehouse finds acceptable. No one has insisted or demanded anything.

As far as the position, Obama made it clear that his position is based on democracy. Zelaya is the only elected President that exist. Had he been removed legally, I don't think we would be having this conversation. Obama, nor any other leader can safely endorse the use of military force to remove the guy. It would be a political football and Divecon would be bashing Obama for supporting a military coup.

He has played it right. Largely left the issue to the people who should settle it while denying Chavez and Castro the pleasure of blaming him for the coup. And you know that is exactly where they would have gone with the issue.

He WAS removed legally, by both the legislature and Supreme Court, he may have illegally been moved out of the country, as I implied, perhaps mistakenly by military trying to avoid prison for him.

Probably. I am not sure that he wasn't due a trial though to seal the deal. He certainly appears guilty, he certainly seems to deserve to be removed from office. And though he doesn't appear to recognoze it, returning to Honduras would surely be the end of him.

I am not aware of anyone that has recognized the new Honduran Government or that has not condemmed the coup. I know it's fun to put Obama's name beside Chavez and Castro but the OAS and the UN were unanamous on their votes. Everyone has agreed that the removal was not done properly. And there is a very simple reason that you guys don't want to talk about, evidently. No sane leader can endorse the military removal of a sitting president. It is an untenable position to take. Chavez and Castro and evidently, the rest of the world would be implicating us in the plot.

It was a good move. Take the high ground, stand back and let them work it out.

Just like no King or Queen could recognize a free France after their revolution. Honduras ousted the President legally. Pretty damn simple concept. The Legislature acting in concert with the Judiciary removed the Executive from power, that is how it WORKS. Even in this Country.

He WAS removed legally, by both the legislature and Supreme Court, he may have illegally been moved out of the country, as I implied, perhaps mistakenly by military trying to avoid prison for him.

Probably. I am not sure that he wasn't due a trial though to seal the deal. He certainly appears guilty, he certainly seems to deserve to be removed from office. And though he doesn't appear to recognoze it, returning to Honduras would surely be the end of him.

I am not aware of anyone that has recognized the new Honduran Government or that has not condemmed the coup. I know it's fun to put Obama's name beside Chavez and Castro but the OAS and the UN were unanamous on their votes. Everyone has agreed that the removal was not done properly. And there is a very simple reason that you guys don't want to talk about, evidently. No sane leader can endorse the military removal of a sitting president. It is an untenable position to take. Chavez and Castro and evidently, the rest of the world would be implicating us in the plot.

Just like no King or Queen could recognize a free France after their revolution. Honduras ousted the President legally. Pretty damn simple concept. The Legislature acting in concert with the Judiciary removed the Executive from power, that is how it WORKS. Even in this Country.
willy is too fucking stupid to ever get his head out of Obama's ass

There is no question that the Court and the congress moved the guy out. The problem that just about every head of state with an opinion on the matter has is that the military was used to depose and exile the leader without a trial. It is not like our country at all. We require impeachment herarings. There were no hearings on Zelaya until AFTER they had already exiled him. That is when the congress voted to remove him. After it had already been done. The only legal move made before sending him to Costa Rica was an order to detain him, in his home, made by the Court. Instead, they illegally took him from the country.

The standoff in Honduras had "evolved into a coup," Clinton said. Asked if the United States was insisting on Zelaya's return to power, she replied: "We haven't laid out any demands that we are insisting on." June 29, 2009

That is a great quote. Hillary used the words "demands" and "insisting" in the same sentence. Doesn't get any better than that.

Even after its initial hesitation, the Obama administration studiously avoided a heavy-handed intervention that would make the United States itself an issue in a region where memories of U.S. meddling are long and deep, according to U.S. officials, diplomats and analysts.

The administration has "studiously" avoided making heavy handed demands.

In fact, the search for consensus and deference to the OAS didn't work in Honduras. On Tuesday, the U.S. took charge and set up a mediation process led by former Costa Rican president Oscar Arias.

Wow. We set up mediation. What a way to insist on things. Mediation.

http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1318588.html

Last edited:
The standoff in Honduras had "evolved into a coup," Clinton said. Asked if the United States was insisting on Zelaya's return to power, she replied: "We haven't laid out any demands that we are insisting on."

That is a great quote. Hillary used the words "demands" and "insisting" in the same sentence. Doesn't get any better than that.

Even after its initial hesitation, the Obama administration studiously avoided a heavy-handed intervention that would make the United States itself an issue in a region where memories of U.S. meddling are long and deep, according to U.S. officials, diplomats and analysts.

The administration has "studiously" avoided making heavy handed demands.

In fact, the search for consensus and deference to the OAS didn't work in Honduras. On Tuesday, the U.S. took charge and set up a mediation process led by former Costa Rican president Oscar Arias.

Wow. We set up mediation. What a way to insist on things. Mediation.

Obama administration took lead in Honduras crisis only after OAS failed - Kansas City Star
only because they have BACKED off their earlier stupidity
which you will never admit because you have your head firmly ensconced up Obama's rectal cavity

Forum List

Back