Honda to stop making hybrid Accord

Hybrids are a nice idea and all, but they need to be able to plug in at night and then be able to go 40 miles all-electric before they're worth bothering with. Then you'll really see a reduction in gasoline use. They need to be cheaper too of course. I think diesels are going to be a lot more popular now that we have low-sulphur diesel. The euro Civic gets 45/65 city/highway* (and it's a much better looking car to boot).

* edit: british gallons. That would be 55 mpg highway american gallons, still nothing to sneeze at

Regarding small cars, the Mercedes Smart-For-Two Hybrid will be available for sale in the US in 2007-8. As a hybrid, this little unit should deliver great gas milage. It might not be much for traveling from city to city, or transporting a large person, but for some who only travel city streets, it might be just right. I saw these zipping around London in 2003.

daimlerchrysler-smartfortwo.jpg

http://www.hybrid-vehicles.net/daimlerchrysler-mercedes-smartfortwo.htm

I'll see you and raise you:

http://www.commutercars.com/

This would be pretty awesome with a small diesel, or lithium battery pack (if the price ever comes down). Just the parking advantage alone puts it head and shoulders above every other electric vehicle out there, IMO.

Yep. Also I think there's hesitation on a "bigger" car like the Accord... I guess when you get a hybrid, you want to 'go all the way' and have a smaller car, too. Like who wants a hybrid Cadillac? That just doesn't sound right.

Well black people, obviously. No need for a bank of aftermarket capacitors either, just plug your speaker amps directly into the hybrid battery.

Try the Tesla. 100% electric, 0-60 in around 4 seconds, 135 mpg equivalent, over 200 miles per charge, less that $.02 per mile. Of course, it is somewhat cost prohibitive at $98,000, but damn, it is cool!

Upset more people are seeing the hype of global warming is overblown?

Um, where do you see that in my post? I merely said the Toyota Echo is a faggy car.

If you had intelligence, or any brains, you'd know I do not believe global warming has been proven to be man made...

So what the fuck is your dumb ass talking about?

I do not think that the first sentence is any biased opinion, but a statement of fact.

You would think that, when the New York Yankees played a game against the Little League team from the Bronx, the score would be lopsided in favor of the Yankees.

Is that really an "opinion" or a statement of fact?

Um, where do you see that in my post? I merely said the Toyota Echo is a faggy car.

If you had intelligence, or any brains, you'd know I do not believe global warming has been proven to be man made...

So what the fuck is your dumb ass talking about?

You are always in a foul mood - it is hard to tell you from the usual angry tree hugger crowd

I do not think that the first sentence is any biased opinion, but a statement of fact.

You would think that, when the New York Yankees played a game against the Little League team from the Bronx, the score would be lopsided in favor of the Yankees.

Is that really an "opinion" or a statement of fact?

Most libs are shocked to find out not everyone agrees with them

how does that particular generic soundbite have anything to do with my analogy? :cuckoo:

Originally Posted by maineman

I was commenting on the first sentence in your post

Originally Posted by maineman

I was commenting on the first sentence in your post

the first sentence of that article was a rhetorical device.... much like the Yankees/Little League sentence I wrote. IT was not an opinion.

"Given the past one hundred years of records on this sort of thing, you would think that the ice would not have melted on Moosehead Lake until late May. You would be wrong this year"...

not an "opinion"..a rhetorical device.

the first sentence of that article was a rhetorical device.... much like the Yankees/Little League sentence I wrote. IT was not an opinion.

"Given the past one hundred years of records on this sort of thing, you would think that the ice would not have melted on Moosehead Lake until late May. You would be wrong this year"...

not an "opinion"..a rhetorical device.

The lib writing the article inserted his opinion in the news story

Typical of the modern day liberal media

New Topics

Forum List

Back