Honda Reaches 400 Million-Unit Milestone

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
49_Honda_Dream_DType-source_1576887421-300x207.jpg

1949 Honda Dream D-Type

In 1964, I rode on the back of my cousins C200 Dream, and I was hooked.

5d07bc3a9da3d156016a0638.jpg

I have had many Honda's and loved every one.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Takahiro Hachigo, Chief Executive Officer, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. “For 70 years, Honda has provided to customers worldwide motorcycles that make life easier and enjoyable. As a result, we have achieved our 400 million-unit milestone. I am grateful to all of our customers, and everyone involved in development, manufacturing, sales and service of our products. We will continue to do our best to provide attractive products that meet the needs and dreams of our customers worldwide.”

Honda Motorcycle Production Reaches 400 Million Worldwide - Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News

A great company and products founded by a brilliant man.
Honda has always been a name I trusted. I had early bikes and bought a new 1976 Civic. What a fucking cool lil haul ass go-cart that was.
Got about 4000 MPG compared to the Buick I traded in on it. It'd run circles around that 140 hp 455 quadrajunked merrykant dream engine.
Honda generators have proven themselves heads over the rest in post hurricane disaster regions. Outboards are fucking killer.If it's a tool with a Honda engine you got the first 80 % spot on.

HondaJet_Ryabtsev.jpg

Without any particular plan in mind, most of my motorcycles over the years have been Honda's. They are smooth, reliable, trouble-free, and perform well even if not spectacularly. My current Goldwing is a touring marvel. Comfortable for two, efficient, powerful, and loaded with features that making riding a pleasure.

Over the years, Honda has made several models that are simply perfect from the get-go...can't be significantly improved, so they remain in production for years and years until everyone who wants one has one, then they are dropped. I'm thinking ST1100, Goldwing 1500 then 1800, VTX, Shadow, CB750...

My only gripe with Honda is that they totally ignore the sound aspect of their bikes. Sometimes quiet is not the best attribute.

Without any particular plan in mind, most of my motorcycles over the years have been Honda's. They are smooth, reliable, trouble-free, and perform well even if not spectacularly. My current Goldwing is a touring marvel. Comfortable for two, efficient, powerful, and loaded with features that making riding a pleasure.

Over the years, Honda has made several models that are simply perfect from the get-go...can't be significantly improved, so they remain in production for years and years until everyone who wants one has one, then they are dropped. I'm thinking ST1100, Goldwing 1500 then 1800, VTX, Shadow, CB750...

My only gripe with Honda is that they totally ignore the sound aspect of their bikes. Sometimes quiet is not the best attribute.

ST1100 wasn't dropped. It was redesigned and upgraded as the ST1300, a perennial favorite for Iron Butt riders.

Not sure the 1300 was any better, just updated because they were embarrassed to be selling the same bike for more than a decade, even if it was still the best of its genre.

Personally I don't trust `em...

... had an honor role cousin killed on the back of one...

... in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Personally I don't trust `em...

... had an honor role cousin killed on the back of one...

... in Salt Lake City, Utah.
I lost many friends that rode on back. 3 in one year alone, back in the 80's.
Nobody rides on back with me. Ever.

Not sure the 1300 was any better, just updated because they were embarrassed to be selling the same bike for more than a decade, even if it was still the best of its genre.
The ST1300 was quite different from the ST1100. They are much more different than they look...totally redone engine (with EFI and balance shafts), different frame and mounting system (engine is a stressed member in the 1300, not the 1100), much-improved brakes, lower seat, larger forks.

Forum List

Back