Homosexuals need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

What are Gays doing to force people to accept their "bullshit"?

The same reason that heterosexuals do it, I suppose.

Lets stick with Chick Fil A since you mentioned it, what is it you think gays did to Ckick Fil A?

What did he do to them except express his views?

I don't think as far as him expressing his views he did anything wrong but I was just curious what gays did to force their views on people. And I might agree with you somewhat..

Smearing everyone who disagrees with gay marriage and homosexual bahvior as homophobes is trying to force acceptance of homosexuality.

I don't think as far as him expressing his views he did anything wrong but I was just curious what gays did to force their views on people. And I might agree with you somewhat..

Smearing everyone who disagrees with gay marriage and homosexual bahvior as homophobes is trying to force acceptance of homosexuality.

To disagree is one thing.
But to push for laws that deny someone's rights is another.

To tolerate is to keep your mouth shut and to not care, not to protest and push for unconstitutional shit like prop 8.

right, so that means just let people walk all over you.. aint happening
the PEOPLE voted for prop 8 ..some TOLERANCE you are showing here

To disagree is one thing.
But to push for laws that deny someone's rights is another.

Everyone has the right to vote and vote in either direction they see fit, you can't deny nor smear someone for voting a certain a kind of way, thats bullshit.

But isn't that the same on the other side?

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

What are Gays doing to force people to accept their "bullshit"?

The same reason that heterosexuals do it, I suppose.
Never had a straight guy introduce himself as so, only Gays go it.

But isn't that the same on the other side?

If asked my personal opinion on it and I say its sinful and wrong but don't give a fuck if two men want to fuck each other is that forcing?

They are not the fucking same,

No one ever said they were.

I don't have to accept gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to be tolerant of it.

True. But the state must allow citizens equal access to the law.

If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

You must accept it to the extent that the law requires, but you are free to disagree, disapprove, and not participate.

It depends on the context and manner in which one “disagrees with gay marriage and homosexual [behavior].” If one is actively engaged in a political or legal effort to deny same-sex couples equal access to the law, then his motives are understandably suspect, given there is no objective, documented justification in support of such an effort. Although opposition to same-sex couples’ access to marriage is subjective and devoid of supporting evidence, it does not necessarily make one ‘homophobic.’

If asked my personal opinion on it and I say its sinful and wrong but don't give a fuck if two men want to fuck each other is that forcing?

Those opposed to same-sex couples marrying must concede they’re in a problematic position, given such opposition is purely subjective and offensive to the Constitution. To declare homosexuality ‘sinful and wrong’ implies a theistic authority, which is most often predicated on a hostile stance toward homosexuality.

They are not the fucking same,

No one ever said they were.

I said they are mistaken to be one and the same when they are not.

True. But the state must allow citizens equal access to the law.

I don't give a flying fuck what the states say, I don't have to accept nor agree with homoexuality and gay marriage, I guess you're missing the point. Every citizens has the right to marriage but not a right to the marriage of their choice so there is equality.

You must accept it to the extent that the law requires, but you are free to disagree, disapprove, and not participate.

I repeat, i don't have to accept shit about homosexuality and gay marriage, I can tolerate it but do not have to agree with it.

It depends on the context and manner in which one “disagrees with gay marriage and homosexual [behavior].” If one is actively engaged in a political or legal effort to deny same-sex couples equal access to the law, then his motives are understandably suspect, given there is no objective, documented justification in support of such an effort. Although opposition to same-sex couples’ access to marriage is subjective and devoid of supporting evidence, it does not necessarily make one ‘homophobic.’

Bullshit, people are exercising their legal right to vote regardless of whetehr they are voting for or against homosexual marriage. Most people against gay marriage are against for religious reasons not because of a conscious effort to deny any gay any equal rights. ALL people have the right to marry but not the right to have a marriage of their choice that suits them.

Those opposed to same-sex couples marrying must concede they’re in a problematic position, given such opposition is purely subjective and offensive to the Constitution. To declare homosexuality ‘sinful and wrong’ implies a theistic authority, which is most often predicated on a hostile stance toward homosexuality.

If I oppose it for religious reasons and my freedom of religion is protected under the Constitution how the fuck is that problematic? I can vote or against anything for whatever reason I want to.

Being tolerant does not mean you try and pass laws to deny gay couples the right to marry, and it doesn't mean you wave your Bible around and quote Leviticus either.

The homosexuals will shut up when you do.

To tolerate is to keep your mouth shut and to not care, not to protest and push for unconstitutional shit like prop 8.

The people who voted are homophobic bigots who should keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

The people who voted are homophobic bigots who should keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

The people who voted for gay marriage are religious immoral, fudgepacker lovers who should keep their sexually immoral ways and perversity to thmselves, see two can play that game.

The people who voted for gay marriage are religious immoral, fudgepacker lovers who should keep their sexually immoral ways and perversity to thmselves, see two can play that game.

Your homophobia proves nothing other than what a narrow minded individual you are.

Your homophobia proves nothing other than what a narrow minded individual you are.

I'm not being narrow minded I'm just showing that name calling can go both ways.

I am not tolerant of people being allowed to vote on whether or not someone has a right that was already given to them.

I'm not being narrow minded I'm just showing that name calling can go both ways.

Who on the other side is posting such hatred?

I am not tolerant of people being allowed to vote on whether or not someone has a right that was already given to them.

Every citizens has the right to marry, so yes you are being an intolerant person, that's why I stressed the difference between tolerance and acceptance, you are intolerant towards people who don't accept your view but most likely tolerates your view, why can't you do the same?

Exactly

Forum List

Back