Homosexuals & Ford Motor Company

KarlMarx said:
Thanks partially to labor unions which push the price up. Anyone who thinks that unions preserve jobs and make working conditions better for employees would do well to think again.
Ok, I've thought again. I still think unions preserve jobs and "know" they make working conditions better for employees. Now what?

gop_jeff said:
I buy what's most economically advantageous to me. Four years ago, I bought a new Kia. Only new car I've ever bought, and it's been great. And oh, by the way, it was $5-6K cheaper than the Ford/GMC/Dodge equivalent. Score for me!

i don't like japanese cars because they don't offer a lot of horsepower, are tiny inside, feel cheap, and look kinda sissy, and i have a hard time doing simple maintenence on them, as i had tried to change the oil in my friend's little nissan, and couldn't locate the oil filter. turns out, she brought it to the oil change place, and they said that it's unlikely that i would have gotten the filter off, even if i had found it. you need a specific tool that would have cost about $30.

even in my high school auto shop class, the teacher who was a mechanic for Toyota and Lexus before teaching, said that most foreign car manuf'rs are setting their newer car engines up to where only service places have the special tools to do something simple like change spark plugs, and oil, and such, to make up for what they would have made in sales if they priced the cars higher. Or you have to go buy the tool just to do it yourself, and that typically leads someone to just take it to a service place, just because they don't want to have to buy the tool to get to it.

i guess to me, your car says a lot about your personality, whether that is your intention or not, and i have pride in buying from a company that has been around MUCH longer than any of the foreigners, and have had a large part in this nation's history and current marketplace.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i don't like japanese cars because they don't offer a lot of horsepower, are tiny inside, feel cheap, and look kinda sissy, and i have a hard time doing simple maintenence on them, as i had tried to change the oil in my friend's little nissan, and couldn't locate the oil filter. turns out, she brought it to the oil change place, and they said that it's unlikely that i would have gotten the filter off, even if i had found it. you need a specific tool that would have cost about $30.

even in my high school auto shop class, the teacher who was a mechanic for Toyota and Lexus before teaching, said that most foreign car manuf'rs are setting their newer car engines up to where only service places have the special tools to do something simple like change spark plugs, and oil, and such, to make up for what they would have made in sales if they priced the cars higher. Or you have to go buy the tool just to do it yourself, and that typically leads someone to just take it to a service place, just because they don't want to have to buy the tool to get to it.

i guess to me, your car says a lot about your personality, whether that is your intention or not, and i have pride in buying from a company that has been around MUCH longer than any of the foreigners, and have had a large part in this nation's history and current marketplace.

I'm glad you feel that way. For me, a car is a way of getting myself, my family, and my guitars from one place to another. My Kia does all that just as well as a Ford would, but it cost me less to buy and is costing me less to maintain. I don't particularly care about which company I buy my car from - I am more concerned with price, comfort, looks, etc. etc. Next time I buy I car, I my get a Kia, I may get a Chevy, who knows.

Mad props to GotZoom for this quote, which sums up my feelings towards the "Buy American" plea:
Not to mention, if you buy the car in the US, any make, you are still helping the US economy because you bought it in the US.

My Car

Lol.....I just kill me sometimes....

Attachments

• $wexcursion.jpg
    $wexcursion.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 56

Forum List

Back