Homosexuality

Is homosexuality a choice?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
You don't need to do a poll to figure this out. For all of you that think that it is a choice you can find out whether you're right or wrong pretty easily. Just ask yourself if you, yourself, could choose to be physically attracted to someone of the same sex. Then you have your answer.

That's all nice and emotional. It hasn't been proven. The studies which were meant to prove it failed miserably.

All they can say is that genetics MAY play a part in it. May.

That means they can't prove it.

That's all nice and emotional. It hasn't been proven. The studies which were meant to prove it failed miserably.

All they can say is that genetics MAY play a part in it. May.

That means they can't prove it.

Because, at the tender age of 8 years old, Allie took a look at her sexuality options and decided that cack was a better, more NATURAL, apendage to lust after than a vag.

hey, prove god allie and talk to me about the necessity of evidence.

I have faith that God exists. That isn't the same as saying there's proof that he does.

Way different than the emotional rants about the imaginary genetic hardwiring that creates homos.

Funny, I say the same thing about the imaginary ghost in the sky that creates chrisitans.

My evidence is the undisputed historic fact of homosexuality across various cultures including those that celebrated, if not making such a cultural norm, as proof that homosexuality is not just a choice that is made by our modern gays.

Also, I'll use as evidence your own total lack of making such a choice when becoming sexually active. Indeed, how much time did you put into lusting over a vag until you decided that it wasn't for you?

Now, again, tell me about the value of evidence since, apparently, that which cannot be proven justifies a second class status. Your personal faith is no reason to give you special treatment, you know.

I chose not to lust over vags. That's the difference between me and lesbians. Whatever urges I may have had at whatever times, I shelved them and chose to be hetero.

And you can call God imaginary all you want. I'm not going to be an idiot and say, "No, there's scientific evidence that he exists!" when there's not. I can say there's evidence that points to accuracies in the Bible, I can say there are things that I accept as evidence of his existence...but that's not the same as stating that the evidence is there in black and white for everybody to see, and if you don't see it, why, then, you're stupid or bigoted.

Which is exactly what you and your "homosexuality isn't a choice" crowd are doing. Despite the fact there is no evidence, and despite the fact that recognizing that isn't a value judgment on the part of those who do accept it, you go around calling people who don't have your "faith" in the premise bigots, haters, and stupid besides, and making all sorts of erroneous claims about the motivation behind the acceptance of the fact that there's just no proof that homosexuality is anything but a choice.

I chose not to lust over vags. That's the difference between me and lesbians. Whatever urges I may have had at whatever times, I shelved them and chose to be hetero.

And you can call God imaginary all you want. I'm not going to be an idiot and say, "No, there's scientific evidence that he exists!" when there's not. I can say there's evidence that points to accuracies in the Bible, I can say there are things that I accept as evidence of his existence...but that's not the same as stating that the evidence is there in black and white for everybody to see, and if you don't see it, why, then, you're stupid or bigoted.

Which is exactly what you and your "homosexuality isn't a choice" crowd are doing. Despite the fact there is no evidence, and despite the fact that recognizing that isn't a value judgment on the part of those who do accept it, you go around calling people who don't have your "faith" in the premise bigots, haters, and stupid besides, and making all sorts of erroneous claims about the motivation behind the acceptance of the fact that there's just no proof that homosexuality is anything but a choice.

Uh, so is it some phantom daily choice NOT to lust that keeps your mind from wandering to what it's like to taste a vag? Say, why did the vocabulaty of that last sentence illicit a negative reaction for you? Gee, could it be that you are full of shit? Walk me through it, Allie. Tell me about that ever-so-tempting taboo that you have to avoid DAILY by choosing cack. Tell me how drastic the urges becomes to taste the forbidden flower. Again, notice the negative responses to this particular stimuli. I'm sure reporting my post as vulgar (instead of arousing) probably won't prove my point.

:rofl:

so, in other words, the necessity of EVIDENCE hinges on your personal choice to accept that which cannot be proven or not. Hey, thanks for an honest answer for once! I mean, if we ONLY consider viable that which can be put "black and white in front of our eyes for everybody to see" then it's not looking good for the social status of christians. We might have to create the same double standard for you that you seem to think gays should qualify for!

And, similarly if you insist that homosexuality is ONLY a choice due to lack of evidence otherwise, then I guess you'll also have to admit that your entire structure of dogma is nothing more than cultural mythology with as much footing in the real world as L. Ron Hubbard's creation, eh?

what? All of a sudden it doesn't work liek that?!? You don't say!

:rofl:

Homosexuality is a matter of neuro science/ sociology. Everything is a form of science but if your asking if there is a homosexual gene inside someone that causes homosexuality, I would say yes though it has not been proven. Every week scientists are finding new genes that controll phobea, anxiety, depression, itchyness, anger....so its only a matter of time before the homosexual gene is discovered. No I dont believe it is hereditary, that is a different subject involving chromosomes not genes.

I dont choose to be afraid of heights, or spiders. I dont choose to be straight, it is in my genes. Gays dont choose to be gay, they discover it. They are gay from birth, but dont discovery these feelings and act on them until they accept that they are infact attracted to the same sex. That same attraction is certainly the same gene that makes me like darker skin girls, rather than white girls, or curves rather than stick figures. Though none of this is peer reviewed, it is often accepted in the scientific community that in the future, every human being will have their genes all mapped out and available at your local hostipal. So far, there is only 1 person on earth with a complete mapping of all his genes, I think there are 2 million or something like that.

Funny, I say the same thing about the imaginary ghost in the sky that creates chrisitans.

My evidence is the undisputed historic fact of homosexuality across various cultures including those that celebrated, if not making such a cultural norm, as proof that homosexuality is not just a choice that is made by our modern gays.

Also, I'll use as evidence your own total lack of making such a choice when becoming sexually active. Indeed, how much time did you put into lusting over a vag until you decided that it wasn't for you?

Now, again, tell me about the value of evidence since, apparently, that which cannot be proven justifies a second class status. Your personal faith is no reason to give you special treatment, you know.

You have no evidence. Neither side has any evidence.

The actual PROVEN fact at this time is that homosexuality is manifest by behavior. THAT is an observed. proven fact. The rest is speculation.

While I do believe that some homosexuals report that they found themselves attracted to members of the same sex from the time that they were very young (for the record, many heterosexuals report same-sex "attraction" at young ages as well - and it is considered a psychologically normal stage of development)...the problem I have with stating that your sexual preference is a constant and not a choice is the fact that I am a fairly recent college grad - and in my experiences and observations in that environment...I saw that sexuality and sexual preference was often, very much a choice.

Playing around with sexuality is very, VERY popular on campus right now. I know personally numerous men who were my "gay" boy friends in college - they dated and slept with men...are now interested in women and state that it was a phase, but now they are quite happy with women. If you had talked to them in college they would have told you that "breeders" are disgusting and that they wanted nothing to do with "roast beef." (If you need to know what that means, I'm not going to be the one to tell you)

I know women who made out with girls in college for fun, who dated girls because "boys suck" and are now happily married to men...they state that "it was a college thing."

Is homosexuality a choice? Is it not? I don't know, truthfully. What I DO know is that many young people nowadays don't think that its a constant...but rather that sexual preference is something that can change with age, mood, environment, culture, etc.

Everyone has a choice as to whether or not he/she should engage in or abstain from sexual activity. That's not the question-- sexual attraction is. Can you choose who you are sexually attracted to (regardless of whether or not you act on that urge)? You can't, therefore, your sexual orientation is clearly not a choice. Think about it-- if a gay man has sex with a woman but is 100% attracted to men, is he straight just because he had sex with a member of the opposite sex?

I don't know if homosexuality is encoded in genes or not. It's definitely, at the least, influenced by the intersection of one's immediate social and cultural environment. So it's not a choice, but more of a product of your environment.

Pitiful, ignorant or at least stupid is all I can say for you, ll.

Everyone has a choice as to whether or not he/she should engage in or abstain from sexual activity. That's not the question-- sexual attraction is. Can you choose who you are sexually attracted to (regardless of whether or not you act on that urge)? You can't, therefore, your sexual orientation is clearly not a choice. Think about it-- if a gay man has sex with a woman but is 100% attracted to men, is he straight just because he had sex with a member of the opposite sex?

I don't know if homosexuality is encoded in genes or not. It's definitely, at the least, influenced by the intersection of one's immediate social and cultural environment. So it's not a choice, but more of a product of your environment.

I know several homos, male and female. I really don't think they ever had a choice. We've had very deep and self revealing conversations on this topic and in contrast to what I once believed, I really don't think these good people ever had a choice.

Pitiful, ignorant or at least stupid is all I can say for you, ll.

I know several homos, male and female. I really don't think they ever had a choice. We've had very deep and self revealing conversations on this topic and in contrast to what I once believed, I really don't think these good people ever had a choice.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote! I meant that having sex, whether you are gay or straight, is a choice. Having sex, though, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE GAY OR STRAIGHT. Your sexual orientation is who you are sexually attracted to and is clearly NOT A CHOICE.

I read the post but I am still confused.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote! I meant that having sex, whether you are gay or straight, is a choice. Having sex, though, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE GAY OR STRAIGHT. Your sexual orientation is who you are sexually attracted to and is clearly NOT A CHOICE.

Are you advocating that homosexuality should be excluded from the human experience?

Bear with me, ll, I really am trying to precisely get your meaning on this subject. I hear so much bullshit I am almost afraid to speak my own thoughts on it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can you dig it?

Forum List

Back