homosexuality in the animal kingdom

Merlin1047 said:
Well, that's twice that I've screwed up and participated in a discussion on the subject of homosexuality. Both times that discussion has deteriorated into a nonsensical contest of cliche'-slinging and name calling. Apparently when it comes to discussing homosexuality, some people on both sides of the issue are incapable of maintaining any semblance of equilibrium or civility. Some in this discussion have lacked perspective, some have lacked any semblance of a sense of humor and some have lacked common courtesy.

For anyone with a propensity for smugness, don't flatter yourself and assume that I'm whining. I can take as good as I give. It simply gets tiresome to participate in a discussion only to have it descend to the level of a kindergarten shoving contest replete with foolish posturing and childish shouting.

Perhaps some of you think that your viewpoint is superior if you can get others to abandon the argument. You are wrong. If this is the only contribution you are capable of making on this subject, I suggest you start a thread entitled "homosexual bitching contest". Then wallow away and indulge all your infantile urges and those of us who would rather not participate can steer clear.

So, who is going to be the first to tell me "If ya don't like it, why don't you just get your sorry ass out of here"? Isn't that the next "logical" step?

How about limiting a discussion on gender identification to scientific theory and evidence as to whether or not acquired or inborn?

ajwps said:
How about limiting a discussion on gender identification to scientific theory and evidence as to whether or not acquired or inborn?

Not me, AJ. I've had all the "fun" I can stand.

Merlin1047 said:
Not me, AJ. I've had all the "fun" I can stand.

Merlin I see you feel uncomfortable with this subject matter. Homosexuality, peodophilia, beastiality, manic depression and many others are simply part of the psychology of the human specie.

All the aspects of the variable nature of mankind are worthy of schollarly discourse. Not to degrade these topics into childish immature subjects of derision.

ajwps said:
Merlin I see you feel uncomfortable with this subject matter. Homosexuality, peodophilia, beastiality, manic depression and many others are simply part of the psychology of the human specie.

All the aspects of the variable nature of mankind are worthy of schollarly discourse. Not to degrade these topics into childish immature subjects of derision.

Jeez AJ - pay attention, will ya? I'm not at all uncomfortable with the subject. I'm tired of the fallout and it's simply not worth it. That's all.

And yes, I'm one of those guilty of name calling and sensationalism. But I'll have to admit, this is a volatile subject. It's subject matter stirs ones emotions with the mere thought it. Normal people find it repulsive and want to express that.

I've seen it to be evident that once one expresses his feelings on the matter, and they've seen that they haven't CHANGED ANY OPPOSING VIEWS, frustration sets in, and that's where the conversation deteriorates into name calling and a... "kindergarten shoving contest". You could set your watch by it.

I don't think anyone is going to change their mind about homosexuality if it's already made up. I guess it just feels good to make your opinion heard, whether you're polite in doing so or not. I'm glad I'm part of the majority.

Merlin1047 said:
Jeez AJ - pay attention, will ya? I'm not at all uncomfortable with the subject. I'm tired of the fallout and it's simply not worth it. That's all.

What sort of fallout are you talking about that is not worth it?

I certainly hope that I am not reading something between the lines in your response.

Pale Rider said:
And yes, I'm one of those guilty of name calling and sensationalism. But I'll have to admit, this is a volatile subject. It's subject matter stirs ones emotions with the mere thought it. Normal people find it repulsive and want to express that.

I've seen it to be evident that once one expresses his feelings on the matter, and they've seen that they haven't CHANGED ANY OPPOSING VIEWS, frustration sets in, and that's where the conversation deteriorates into name calling and a... "kindergarten shoving contest". You could set your watch by it.

I don't think anyone is going to change their mind about homosexuality if it's already made up. I guess it just feels good to make your opinion heard, whether you're polite in doing so or not. I'm glad I'm part of the majority.

As your being on of the majority, it seems that you admit being guilty of name calling and sensationalism.

If you take a close look at the subject without becoming emotionally effected by the topic there is so much to be learned about this phenomena by looking at known scientific aspects of this very common event in mankind(woman and men) and in the general mamalian world.

ajwps said:
As your being on of the majority, it seems that you admit being guilty of name calling and sensationalism.

If you take a close look at the subject without becoming emotionally effected by the topic there is so much to be learned about this phenomena by looking at known scientific aspects of this very common event in mankind(woman and men) and in the general mamalian world.

Thank you aj but no, I know all I want or need to know about homosexuality. Their sexual practices make me ill with the very thought of them.

And I wouldn't say homosexuality is "very common" either. It's not. Queer's are a very small minority.

In my opinion, more should be done to HELP homosexuals, not encourage unnatural, immoral, deviate sexual behavior.

Pale Rider said:
Thank you aj but no, I know all I want or need to know about homosexuality. Their sexual practices make me ill with the very thought of them.

Wrong. I am not talking about their practices or habits but more about the basic causes. Is it environment or inborn error.

And I wouldn't say homosexuality is "very common" either. It's not. Queer's are a very small minority.

Wrong again. Homosexuality by many current stastistics indicate that up to 10% of the population of the world are homosexuals.

In my opinion, more should be done to HELP homosexuals, not encourage unnatural, immoral, deviate sexual behavior.

In my opinion, more should be done to help people change their eye color not encourage to keep the color of the iris portion of the eye.

Pale Rider said:

ajwps said:
Wrong. I am not talking about their practices or habits but more about the basic causes. Is it environment or inborn error.

Don't start with me "AGAIN" aj. There's NOTHING WRONG with my opinion, other than it DIFFERS from yours. And I WASN'T talking about causes. I was talking about what they DO. So "YOU" are WRONG, if anyone is, for not addressing what "I" said. But to answer the cause question, I "think", and that's what most evidence points to, that it's a "CHOICE".

Pale Rider said:

ajwps said:
Wrong again. Homosexuality by many current stastistics indicate that up to 10% of the population of the world are homosexuals.

Wrong again? So you want to now refer to 10% as some sort of BIG NUMBER?! As in COMMON?! I don't think so. YOU are WRONG.

ajwps said:
In my opinion, more should be done to help people change their eye color not encourage to keep the color of the iris portion of the eye.

Is that supposed to be funny? How pathetic...

Forum List

Back