Homosexuality and Mental Health~

The Fallacy of the 50% Concordance Rate for Schizophrenia in Identical Twins

by

Jonathan Leo

A Review of The Gene Illusion: Genetic Research in Psychiatry and Psychology Under the Microscope by Jay Joseph. 2003, PCCS Books, Ross-on-Wye.

The next time you see an announcement in the paper about the discovery of a gene for emotional distress you will be a little more skeptical. The problem for the psychiatry profession is that Joseph’s readers will likely take his debunking of the “50% concordance rate” one step further and question the entire scientific basis for biological psychiatry.

The Fallacy of The 50% Concordance Rate for Schizophrenia in Identical Twins by Jonathan Leo

The recent research on minocycline as a treatment leans toward viral infection. Also, one twin may be immune to the virus, the other not. Makes more sense than "the mother was mean to the child". Fevered brain means inflamed neural pathways.

should a taxi driver be able to refuse service to a mixed race couple or a woman he feels is not virtuous enough ? a doctor to refuse treatment ,a lawyer to refuse to represent ?
what are you the Taliban now ??

1) Yes, anyone should be allowed to not serve anyone he doesn't want to, for any reason. (I know, freedom repulses you.)

anyone for any reason..so doctors ,lawyers,judges, politics.educators ??
that does not sound like a very free place to me

) Race is not a moral issue, homosexuality is. Which makes your mixed-race example irrelevant to the issue of homosexuality.

race is a moral issue to many...homosexulity is not a moral issue to others..it just might not be your moral issue...for others refusing services to people based on discrimination and prejudice is a moral issue

3)
And, the clear point I've made which you've studiously have ignored, is that you want to coerce people to take part in homosexual activity. If you were consistent, you'd insist that a prostitute go to jail for resisting homosexual rape. Not all homosexual activity is sex, but you get the point, and you're true nature is exposed.

you would need to define "homosexual activity".. because no one is being forced into gay sex by not allowing discrimination based on sexual orientation and other than gay sex I can not see anything that would be considered exclusively a homosexual activity

Last edited:
The Fallacy of the 50% Concordance Rate for Schizophrenia in Identical Twins

by

Jonathan Leo

A Review of The Gene Illusion: Genetic Research in Psychiatry and Psychology Under the Microscope by Jay Joseph. 2003, PCCS Books, Ross-on-Wye.

The next time you see an announcement in the paper about the discovery of a gene for emotional distress you will be a little more skeptical. The problem for the psychiatry profession is that Joseph’s readers will likely take his debunking of the “50% concordance rate” one step further and question the entire scientific basis for biological psychiatry.

The Fallacy of The 50% Concordance Rate for Schizophrenia in Identical Twins by Jonathan Leo

The recent research on minocycline as a treatment leans toward viral infection. Also, one twin may be immune to the virus, the other not. Makes more sense than "the mother was mean to the child". Fevered brain means inflamed neural pathways.

so you bring it down to 2 choices a mean mother or a virus ??

if it is a virus how can a sugar pill cure it ???

No, I do not see it a choice between the too; Thorazine helped many decades ago, atypical anti psychotics today, many more. What would you suggest as a cause? I read the study wherein 95% of mothers with children that have the DISEASE had flu symptoms during pregnancy. Also the recommendations for aspirin, and now the minocycline research. I do believe it is a PHYSICAL disease with psychological manifestations. DELIRIOUS with fever rings a bell.

No, I do not see it a choice between the too; Thorazine helped many decades ago, atypical anti psychotics today, many more. What would you suggest as a cause? I read the study wherein 95% of mothers with children that have the DISEASE had flu symptoms during pregnancy. Also the recommendations for aspirin, and now the minocycline research. I do believe it is a PHYSICAL disease with psychological manifestations. DELIRIOUS with fever rings a bell.

I would suggest most mental illness is a spiritual/emotion crisis that can be relived with psychotherapy ,nutrition and good overall health and there is much evidence to support this

I would suggest most mental illness is a spiritual/emotion crisis that can be relived with psychotherapy ,nutrition and good overall health and there is much evidence to support this

Many conditions deemed mental health problems no doubt can, some will not however.

most of the gay men i know are very successful, drive nice cars, take awesome vacations and give their lovers very nice gifts.

i still can't bring myself to fuck one.

choice, riiight :lol:

Thats because you havent recieved very nice gifts yet.

Claiming homosexuality is a mental disorder is the same as claiming Christians are crazy or stupid.

Besides, you make their argument for them and piss them off at the same time.

Homosexuality is a choice.....not an illness.

In fact if you look at the symptoms for schizophrenia they match up rather well with what some people call religious experience.

Homosexuality is neither a choice nor an illness.

In fact if you look at the symptoms for schizophrenia they match up rather well with what some people call religious experience.

No they don't. And they don't match with the beliefs of dogmatists, either.

Homosexuality is neither a choice nor an illness.

This, however, is correct. Probably because it doesn't deal with something as radically outside your area of competence.

Forum List

Back