Homosexuality: An attempt at clarity

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania

The homosexual is equal in God's eyes to the heterosexual.

Parents must love their children, including the child who is homosexual. At the same time, a homosexual child must understand a loving parent's sadness over his or her inability to sexually love a person of the opposite sex.

Society has the right and obligation to prefer heterosexuality to homosexuality. It is better for children – they need a mother and a father. And it is better for the individual – a woman makes a man a better person; and a man does the same for a woman. Advocating heterosexuality as society's ideal no more implies bigotry or "homophobia" than advocating marriage implies bigotry against singles or "single-phobia."

Societies that regard homosexual sex as the equivalent of heterosexual sex have far more homosexual sex. Ancient Greece esteemed man-boy sex, and consequently had far more of it than modern society.

Men who are not sexually attracted to women have no choice about being homosexual. Proponents of heterosexuality should, therefore, use the word "choose" sparingly when referring to homosexual men.

We do not know why people are homosexual. The cause may be genetic, or it may be neonatal, but we have nothing approaching proof for either explanation. It may also be psychologically induced, and in some cases this can be shown (e.g., "gay" men who were subjected to sexual contact with a male when they were boys). In none of these cases can a homosexual be said to have chosen to be one..........

You are so fixated on advertising homosexuality, I think the gay community will love you for it in spite of your obvious hatred of yourself.

Parents must love their children, including the child who is homosexual. At the same time, a homosexual child must understand a loving parent's sadness over his or her inability to sexually love a person of the opposite sex.

Society has the right and obligation to prefer heterosexuality to homosexuality. It is better for children – they need a mother and a father. And it is better for the individual – a woman makes a man a better person; and a man does the same for a woman. Advocating heterosexuality as society's ideal no more implies bigotry or "homophobia" than advocating marriage implies bigotry against singles or "single-phobia."

Societies that regard homosexual sex as the equivalent of heterosexual sex have far more homosexual sex. Ancient Greece esteemed man-boy sex, and consequently had far more of it than modern society.

Men who are not sexually attracted to women have no choice about being homosexual. Proponents of heterosexuality should, therefore, use the word "choose" sparingly when referring to homosexual men.

We do not know why people are homosexual. The cause may be genetic, or it may be neonatal, but we have nothing approaching proof for either explanation. It may also be psychologically induced, and in some cases this can be shown (e.g., "gay" men who were subjected to sexual contact with a male when they were boys). In none of these cases can a homosexual be said to have chosen to be one..........
WoW! The first half way decent and respectful post you have made about homosexuality. I especially like the part at the bottom where it says they didnot choose it! So maybe we shoudn't say they are crimnals all the time!

I can't even remember whether I posted this here, but...

Polls show that Americans support civil unions. But the American people don’t really grasp what it entails.

Heterosexual couples enjoy many rights which gay couples don’t. They come in five different categories. And depending on where you live, some of these items may be listed in the wrong categories.

First, is the category which I call “Other People’s Money”. This means that government changes a policy in such a way that private corporations must fork over money to gays even if they don’t want to. The big item here is insurance coverage. This is another reason why we need universal health coverage – it is stupid to make health coverage dependent on employment or marriage.

Second is the “government money” category. That means that government changes policy in a way that means that you, as the taxpayer, give new money to gays. This includes compensation for service-related deaths, income tax filing status and deductions, tax-free property transfers, Social Security, veteran’s pensions and disability, disabled vets tax exemptions, and relocation benefits for military families. There are some issues which could be either Other People’s Money or governmental money, depending on the rules: these include survivor benefits and continuation of health care for surviving spouses.

Third is the category which means that gays get more rights under government regulations than they do now, even if no money is necessarily involved. These include organ donor issues, next-of-kin status, parental rights, access to school records, alimony, child custody, adoption, foster care, homestead laws, water rights, spousal assets as a factor in determining need for government aid (VA benefits, housing, educational loans, farm price supports), name changes, domestic violence laws, spousal privilege for criminal witnesses, prison and hospital visitation, conflict-of-interest rules, medical decisions, and funeral decisions.

Fourth: this category involves areas in which the government would need to impose regulations on private corporations. This would include condominium laws and bankruptcy.

The fifth category involves problems which could be resolved by a simple consensual contract, such as child support (if the law allows it), shared property, prenuptial agreements, and wills and inheritance.

We need fair statutory law to give gays and lesbians their rights. But conservatives have a legitimate issue: all of this means that the rest of us will pay more money. At the end of the day, gays have a legitimate point that America cannot take the position that “we just can’t afford to treat gays fairly”. Not acceptable.

And here is a critical bit. Conservatives are dead wrong in asserting that marriage must be only an issue between one man and one woman. But they are dead right in that if the line isn’t drawn there, it must be drawn somewhere. What constitutes marriage, and what constitutes a relationship that warrants enhances rights under the five categories above? Questions such as:

Who is allowed to perform and sanction a marriage ceremony? Organized churches? Judges? Ship captains? Faux Elvises from Vegas, with mail-order theological degrees? Uncle Ray-Ray who runs a voodoo shop?
Who is allowed to be married? Is it always two people?
How do we stop the scams? What if a homeless activist like Mitch Snyder hires some fly-by-night preacher to “marry” him to all 50 homeless guys in the local shelter, and then he leads them all to the local hospital, demanding they all get coverage as his “partners”?
What if Guido the Killer Pimp decides to “marry” all his ho’s, so as to give them all health benefits?
What about cults which have their own peculiar views about marriage, to include multiple marriages and under-age marriages? Do all those people get legal protection?
Even for the people who want one-man-one-woman, what about transgender and hermaphrodites?

We cannot leave all this up in the air. If government doesn’t take action in the form of legislation, then government will still get involved in the form of endless litigation in court. Not long ago two lesbian adoptive mothers sued each other for custody of their child, each claiming she was the mother – because there was no statutory law to guide the judge.

We need leadership, good laws and good policy. And above all we need fairness.

I support civil unions, though why any gay relationship would have to be soiled by a contract like heteros need is beyond me. But it's still their choice.

I support civil unions, though why any gay relationship would have to be soiled by a contract like heteros need is beyond me. But it's still their choice.

It's not so much the contract that they need, it's the legal rights that go along with it.

Being able to visit your loved one in the hospital, death benefits, taxes, etc.

Homosexuals are self choosen societal mental misfits hands down, this's not up for argument with me and i will not debate it, now on to this article brought to you by OBAMA...
Obama's agenda? Overturn Supremes

Homosexuals are self choosen societal mental misfits hands down, this's not up for argument with me and i will not debate it, now on to this article brought to you by OBAMA...

If you aren't here for discussion, debate or argument what's the point?

" It is better for children – they need a mother and a father. And it is better for the individual – a woman makes a man a better person; and a man does the same for a woman. Advocating heterosexuality as society's ideal no more implies bigotry or "homophobia" than advocating marriage implies bigotry against singles or "single-phobia.""

Advocating a one size fits all lifestyle and saying it will be the best for everyone is stupid in my opinion (and I'm not just talking orientation). I doubt everyone will be happy if they all follow the same bloody path.

Last edited:
In my country Jamaica, this scurge called Homosexuality is a crime Punishable with up
to 10 years in prison. Many other countries have a death penalty with regards to this
insane human perversion. I say America must remove this insane, unsainitary life style
from the society.Homosexuality must be banned. It is on the same level as,beastiality,
and necrophilia,and pedophilia.It is a sick and demented life style.!!

In my country Jamaica, this scurge called Homosexuality is a crime Punishable with up
to 10 years in prison. Many other countries have a death penalty with regards to this
insane human perversion. I say America must remove this insane, unsainitary life style
from the society.Homosexuality must be banned. It is on the same level as,beastiality,
and necrophilia,and pedophilia.It is a sick and demented life style.!!

You are 100% correct 52ndStreet

Homosexuality is a sick and perverted lifestyle that does nothing but spread infections and disease..

All of the nasty, degenerate Homos need to be locked up for the safety of society.

You are 100% correct 52ndStreet

Homosexuality is a sick and perverted lifestyle that does nothing but spread infections and disease..

All of the nasty, degenerate Homos need to be locked up for the safety of society.

Do tell us how gay sex will infect straights Dr. Quackman?

Forum List

Back